Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #41

2019 16' Sport
New york , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaboy59 View Post
I have the Trailer Valet XL for my Bambi Sport 16 2019...
Use to steer into my barn...during bad weather events...
Easily stored in my TV ...
For the amount of use it gets, I’m happy I went with this setup over the frame mounted version ...also the straight on approach from the ball hitch makes directing the RV easy for me...
Good Luck...!
I wanted to get the XL instead of the 5x so I wouldn’t need the bracket but was told by trailer valet the 16’ sport did not have enough tongue weight for the XL.

Seems to be working for you.Have you noticed any issues related to this?
Dmaloney13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Trailer Valet on Bambi Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
yes

i use the 7 pin to control the brakes. it will release the brake and when power goes on, it puts as brakes back on , when you stop moving

very nice feature

I also noticed that you use the jack pole instead of the hitch ball for your connection.

I would like to try that as well but I am afraid that the jack pole will bend under the stress? I do have a few inclines and undulations I have to navigate.

Also given that you’re using the jack how do you lift the trailer onto the mover?

Sorry in advance for stupid, possibly redundant or previously asked questions!
Old 05-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we had one on our 22FB
the issue was limited mobility.
we could only swing it 90 degrees and was hard to move the trailer. into some positions

we now have a parkit360. it goes on the hitch point or under the jack point.
https://parkit360.ca/pages/videos

instead of using a drill, it has its own motor and runs of the AS battery

we now can rotate the mover over 20 degrees and have full mobility
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
I have the Parkit 360 10K and had a very close call with it this weekend. Airstream 27FB hitch ended up on the ground. Not fun. Not sure I will use it again. Issue was the connection to the ball.

99% sure it was not user error as they have good documentation which was followed. Had also used it many times previously.

I might consider using it again with the hitch pole but am worried that the hitch pole is not designed for those forces and would bend with a 27 foot Airstream.

I am also looking at the Trax Power dolly as it has 3 wheels, 2 in the front and one in the rear. Seems like a much more stabile design.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:13 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
I liked the Trailer Valet and it worked fine for several years. I decided to upgrade to a Trax Power Dolly and absolutely love it! It's very stable and does the job well. I move the Airstream over cement to pea gravel and then on to more cement that is a slight incline. I like that the trailer brakes can be activated by the Trax and I like the on board charger for the Trax batteries.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
I liked the Trailer Valet and it worked fine for several years. I decided to upgrade to a Trax Power Dolly and absolutely love it! It's very stable and does the job well. I move the Airstream over cement to pea gravel and then on to more cement that is a slight incline. I like that the trailer brakes can be activated by the Trax and I like the on board charger for the Trax batteries.

Thanks for sharing that! Your profile says you have a 20, is that still the case? I would be moving a 27FB, with a weight of 7,400 on paper. The TX6000 says it can do 6000 pounds. That’s a big gap. But then there are YouTube videos of them moving a big 3 axel Excella. Sounds like I need to call them and have a conversation.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Trailer Valet on Bambi Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
Thanks for sharing that! Your profile says you have a 20, is that still the case? I would be moving a 27FB, with a weight of 7,400 on paper. The TX6000 says it can do 6000 pounds. That’s a big gap. But then there are YouTube videos of them moving a big 3 axel Excella. Sounds like I need to call them and have a conversation.

Correction 6,396 Unit Base Weight (with LP and Batteries) so closer than I thought but still “over”.

Got base weight and Maximum Trailer Capacity (GVWR) (lbs.) of 7,600 confused there for a few....
Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Correct...I am moving a 20FC with the Trax. Their customer service is good...reach out to them and they will work with you on a solution for your needs.