Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Thoughts on the 19CB Sport?

Just checking in on the floor plan on the 19CB. In your opinion, does the corner bed configuration and size deter from the likability factor in this model?

Seems like a good size and weight for making it more able to be pulled by SUVs and such, or an Interstate. Pros and cons?
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
the bed is pretty small, but if you are going to keep the interstate to tow it, this may be a great AS for you.
RamRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Are you looking at new or used? There isn’t a current 19CB Sport but there are a few different Bambi configurations.

We have a 22FB Sport and like it for towing due to the lighter weight and slightly narrower width (good to see around).

Our deciding factor on our sport was that the FB bed is a bit bigger than the CB bed so a bit more elbow room and we can go to a queen size if we want with a bit of additional framing.

The floor-plans really need some time to sink in. Best to spend some time in one and see if you like it.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Used. Good advice. Somewhat used to the smaller room situation as the Interstate probably poses more of a ďlearning curveĒ to moving around the interior! We like to spend more time outdoors than in also, so that always helps. Have adapted to cooking and making more of an usable outdoor space.

The bed is narrow and probably have to like your partner when crawling over them in the middle of the night, but itís nice to have an option with the dinette that folds down, I would think.

Maybe when we retire weíll look for more of a sit and camp type room situation, but small spaces are okay with us for now. One big thing about smaller spaces is learning how to pack and what to take in my opinion. One big pro to me is not having to unload a ton of stuff to go or when you get back, I have found!
Old 09-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Although used is always something to consider Airstream does offer a new 19cb in the Sport line.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
We have a 22FB Sport. he have had it for 4 years

just the two of us.
anything smaller that the 22' is too small for us

we are now looking to move up to a FC 25fb as it is wider and allows us to move around.
the bed in the 25 allows us to get around at night
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Port Townsend , Washington
We have a 19' International and love it. It works quite well for us but we keep the dinette in a "sofa position" and that is where I sleep and my navigator gets the bed. The bed is a bit small for us (but I am 6'2" & 220#) and incorporating the need to get up during the night and our sleeping patterns it just works for us.
That said when we camp we are mostly outdoors (cooking, eating, playing...) and the AS is our bedroom and storage area.
LBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
We just (The 3 of us) just spent 12 days in our 16 followed by a 14 day trip with just two of us. We are happy with it and don’t see a need for anything bigger. Your mileage may vary.
I’m not a fan of the 19s floor plan with the corner bed and prefer the panoramic view from the 16s bedroom windows. If the wet bath was an issue for us I’d sacrifice the view and go with the 19. I would like to see Airstream come out with a 19 foot stretched out version of the 16s floor plan that could offer a larger bath and slightly larger kitchen area.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:12 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Aloha , Oregon
We had a 19 and now have a 23D which has the same corner bed as the 19. We fit - Iím 6í, my wife is 5í. In moving to the 23 we chose the extra living space of the 23D instead of the larger bed of the 23FB. We spend more time awake than asleep. The window issue - thereís likely nothing you will do in that bed where you will be paying attention to whatís happening outside that window. The separate shower of the 19 compared to the 16 is nice. We moved from a t@b to the 19 and one of the criteria for a new trailer was a separate shower.
PeterDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2020 19' Caravel
Ammon , Idaho
My wife and I are very pleased with our 19CB. I take the wall side of the bed so I get to handle the awkward exit during the night. My method is to scoot toward the foot of the bed and then out, that way I just have to avoid her feet. The width is fine for us but we still like to snuggle pretty close at night... We both turn 40 this year so there is plenty of time for our opinion of the bed to change as we get older.
OutdoorIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorIdaho View Post
... We both turn 40 this year so there is plenty of time for our opinion of the bed to change as we get older.

I really got a kick out of that!
My wife and I are mid 50ís, 32 years married and expecting our first RV (23CB) this fall. Many things will change from 40ís to 50ís but hopefully the desire to snuggle wonít! 🤣
Gotta_Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:39 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Aloha , Oregon
Smaller bed = more cozy snuggle especially on those cold fall nights! Turn the heat down and pull the comforter up!
PeterDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
Boothbay Harbor , Maine
We have a Bambi 22'FB, and there are two of us and a dog. The driver sleeps on the bed, and I sleep on the dinette area which we keep open as a bed, on an air mattress, along with the dog. Every one has plenty of space. We spend most of our time outdoors anyway. Should I need to get up in the middle of the night, I don't disturb anyone. Agreed on the point that the smaller the unit, the less you have to pack, unpack and clean and then repack, which is my least favorite part of this whole experience.
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #14
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Next door neighbors have one. They fiddle back and forth over the bed. Last time we chatted about it, they went back to "one in the bed, other folds down the dinette". The crawl over each other process is their biggest issue.

Keeping within the AS family and reasonably towing behind a van ... there are a lot of models with the same basic issue.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Tacoma , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
I would like to see Airstream come out with a 19 foot stretched out version of the 16s floor plan that could offer a larger bath and slightly larger kitchen area.
I'm with Shiny. I'd like to see a 19 foot version of our 16 foot Sport. Wider bed, larger wet bath & kitchen area, larger dining area.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:53 AM   #16

2019 23' International
Austin , Texas
Picking the bed configuration is a personal choice and the thought for us going from a King bed to double would not make for happy camping. We were trying to decide between the 23CB and 23FB. We gave up living space to have a larger bed and something that would be easier to get into and out of. You are getting a lot of opinions/feedback. I would suggest if you can find one to look at that will help you make the decision. This is craziness buying AS unseen.
Corsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Well, I have seen plenty of models so assuming that is the case is probably just that on your part. Iím personally appreciative of the discussion and advice, along with real life experiences and thoughts the members have. I think we are all meant to have our own opinions and take on what works and what doesnít. Some of that comes with experience, which actually doesnít come from just looking at a model, in my opinion. Thanks to all of you for contributing your thoughts and suggestions.

Investing in any Airstream product is not for the faint of heart now days, and I like hearing what works and what doesnít, along with why. Might be something I didnít think of myself. I sayÖ.keep it coming!

(My vote for best advice is the snuggle factor too!). Who doesnít like a little more of that during these times?!! Thanks everyone, itís been food for thought. Always welcome more of your two cents though!
Old 09-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
We just both get up at the same time for those night trips.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2020 19' Bambi
2019 16' Sport
Worthington , Massachusetts
We have the 19 ft Sport Corner Bed and love it. I am the one who has to make more frequent trips to the bathroom at night, so I get to sleep next to the aisle. When the wife needs to get out, she does the same as OutdoorIdaho and moves to the bottom of the bed and then crawls out over my lower legs. That maneuver doesn't bother me or wake me up too much. It is much better than in the 16 ft models where the partner has to crawl out over the midsection of the person sleeping next to the aisle. Having a bigger bed would be nice but on the colder nights the snuggling works to our favor and we are in our 60's. We like having the separate shower and find that we use it. When we had a wet bath in an earlier trailer, we ended up using the campground showers because it was too much of a bother to move everything out of the bath when one used the shower. We find the amount of inside storage space in the 19 ft Sport to be fine for the 3 week trips we tend to take. A little more outside storage space would again be nice but we manage just fine.
Searching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:37 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
CHANDLER , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-ination View Post
Just checking in on the floor plan on the 19CB. In your opinion, does the corner bed configuration and size deter from the likability factor in this model?

Seems like a good size and weight for making it more able to be pulled by SUVs and such, or an Interstate. Pros and cons?
Go to at least 23ft. Two axles. Still less than 6,000 lbs, narrow body, choice of corner bed with plenty of lounge or Queen. We have the 23fb because my wife wants more room to sleep.
dgsteele is offline   Reply With Quote