Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 08:56 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
St-Laurent , Quebec
Not my favourite floor plan. Smaller bed and odd bathroom configuration with the sink outside of it and the folding door. If the bed size is no issue for you, then I’d look at the 20FB. Much better layout IMO.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:03 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Columbia , Missouri
We- 2 people & a dog live fulltime in a flying cloud 19cb. Funny story, when we looked at Airstreams the first time, I said the small bed was a deal breaker, & settled on a 25'. But we didn't buy right away. Two years later my husband retired, & we went off on an extended camping trip in our backpacking tent. Acadia National Park in early May precipitated a crisis for me & our senior dog- too cold, too wet! I spent a lot of time huddled in my mummy bag. Told my husband this was not going to work. Off to an Airstream dealership we went & suddenly that corner bed didn't seem so small. I wanted all the amenities- a dry bath, an oven, a permanent bed, heat, ac, a place to sit. The fc 19cb was the shortest model to offer all that. We knew we wanted to go places bigger campers couldn't get to, so that was our driving force, not our tow vehicle which is a 4 door F150 (helps with storage & comfort). We are quite satisfied- the bed is small, but we aren't huge people. I sleep on wall side, & do the scooting out the bottom move others have mentioned. My husband just moves his legs a little. We keep the dinette down full time so we have a couch to sit on. I do not find the dinette comfortable anyway. I found a little table at Camping World that has the "C" legs, so it slips under the dinette. It is small, like placemat size, but then flips open to double in size, so I can use it for prep & eating. It takes time to learn how to function in a small space, & sometimes I think I'd like something bigger, but when we fit into all those amazing places & see people struggle & limited with bigger campers, I tell my husband to remind me of this the next time I complain. The 19' really as a lot of storage space for its size. With the dinette down, I have storage under there too. We have been doing this 2 years this month. Not sick of it yet. There will come a time when we are not physically able to do this, but hopefully this is still a few years in the future. The FC model isn't made anymore, replaced by the bambi or caravel. No oven option, which would stop me. Gotta really love your companion though- there are no secrets in such a small place!
fossil5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Thank you to all of you for offering your advice and experience in the 19cb. We ended up purchasing the one I was looking at, and have been pleasantly surprised by how much we like it so far. I think a lot of the opinions we all have are based in our own perspectives. We began our Airstream travels in an Interstate, so having room to turn around and not have to ask for permission to go from front to back seems like a major plus!

In all seriousness, I wasnít sure Iíd like the bathroom and bed setup, but find it leaves more open floor area. No complaints so far. Pulls pretty easily with our SUV also. Appreciate your input and it helped to give us pros and cons to think about before purchase.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
High River , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluda372 View Post
We just both get up at the same time for those night trips.

Now thatís a good solution!
AlbertF is offline   Reply With Quote