Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazual6 View Post
Alternatively, try

3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener SJ3560 250 Clear

They are better than Velcro IMHO because you don't need to worry about which half you have and they hold more firmly.
I used this stuff (which is sold at Target) to hang 5 framed works in my trailer, 2 of which are behind glass. It grips better than velcro and if you place it in corners and spots (rather than strips the length of the frame) it flexes with the bouncing motion. Nothing has fallen in 6 months/10,000 miles.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_154519.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	358648Attachment 358646Attachment 358647
shucklemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
We also used command strips for awhile, but eventually things started to fall off the wall. I found some SUPER DUTY Velcro at Home Depot that has worked really well. I put the Velcro on all four corners of the piece I was hanging and everything is still up! [ATTACH]358679
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3897A898-22D3-46EC-96A9-95819D78024C.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	358679  
DBSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #23
Old dog new tricks

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Banner elk , North Carolina
Lots of wall art!

We have used command strips with great success. But I also have some small ceramic pieces held on with (industrial) double sided tape - can be removed cleanly by warming with hair dryer. As an artist I cannot live without art displayed but I have used plexi instead of glass. Also look for fabric art and small ceramic tiles. I do not want to remove for travel so it must work and work well. No clocks for us! So far all art in place for many miles. Enjoy.
Flying Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airabel View Post
How do you hang prints on the aluminum skin of an Airstream? We have several unframed but matted prints hanging in our Sport. I used Command strips and they've stayed in place quite well. Now I'm considering having the prints framed ( the'yre getting dusty and frayed ) but that will add weight and there's a little gap between the back of the matt and the frame. The gap is a little thicker the Command strips.
Any suggestions?

Bigger Command Strips
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #25
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
We have used command strips with great success. But I also have some small ceramic pieces held on with (industrial) double sided tape - can be removed cleanly by warming with hair dryer.
Excellent idea—two sided tape comes in many strengths, so watch what you get. The packages have weight ratings on them, but since trailers bounce, a higher weight rating would be required. I also think, as I posted, artists putty works fine for light things like posters. Watch for glue backings so strong they they damage the surface—do a test in an area no one can see.

I would avoid glass and the post suggested plexiglass. Anything that can fall off the wall, eventually will if you drive far enough for long enough. Trailers get very hot and heat can release some glues. I think plexiglass can chip and there are other transparent glass-like things that may be stronger, but I have forgotten the names (Lexan, Poly---?). Stronger things can also be more brittle. Some things shatter and no one wants shards on the floor and seats in a place where you sleep, shower and sit.

Would you put a vase on a shelf if you lived over the San Andreas Fault? Some things are difficult to do and hanging some art in a travel trailer may not be such a good idea.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:57 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
Surrey , British Columbia
What a great idea! thanks
GeoffyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' International
Nokomis , Florida
I found this very lightweight, but nice-looking clock and these suction cup flexible plastic vases for easy and safe decorating. I have the clock held up over the TV with Command velcro so I can take it down to change the time or the batteries easily.

https://www.amazon.com/thehaki-Decor.../dp/B06VWBPKX4

https://www.amazon.com/Geometric-Sil.../dp/B07SNV7RVK
Jenfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:40 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Merrimack , New Hampshire
Love this idea!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1 View Post
We also hang framed pictures over the two tv screens in our 25’fb using inverted Command Strip hooks that fit over the tv’s top edge. We size the frame and matting slightly larger than the screens. The pictures lie in the bed while traveling and any place handy while watching tv. The pictures are a much warmer presence than the gaping black maw of the tv screens.
Denisemdb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:00 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I use Command strips.
The are available in various strengths, I think 14# being the strongest. I put 4 pieces on frames, CLEAN THE AREA WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL, and stick it up.
Now I don't hang any gilded museum frames, and I use acrylic instead of glass, so if it falls (none have) I don't destroy anything.

OBTW. I don't have anything on the aluminum. All mine are on the wood bulkheads.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote