Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #1

Falls Church , Virginia
Need help in choosing

Hello everyone, I'm considering purchasing a Bambi trailer, I know I want the 19 foot, can someone explain to me the difference in models? my main concern is quality, here's what I want:

A bed, TV sitting, bathroom, AC, a microwave is nice to have, but I don't plan to do any serious cooking in it, maybe some reheating of cooked food.

I want the one with excellent quality, I plan on taking it on unpaved roads, so I want something rugged.

Basically, by looking at their website, I can see floor plans, but I want to know which is the best in terms of quality.

Thank you so much
Jericho2550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Good Question

Welcome to the forums. I'd advise you take your time before purchasing your first one. Many of us (moi) have ended up trading up when we find that the smaller one isn't going to be a great long term solution.

I'd say that the CCD uses heavier laminates for countertops, etc. than the Safari, and that the Classic uses premium materials such as real wood, corian countertops, etc. However I'm mot sure they even make a classic that's only 19 ft long.

Fortunately Virginia's only Airstream dealership is only about 55 miles south of you just beyond Fredericksburg on the east side of I-95. Go. Look. Try out the bath, bed, layout, etc.

Also look at the Classifieds here - you can often find almost new units and save several thousand dollars.

Paula Ford, Virginia Beach
Old 06-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho2550
Hello everyone, I'm considering purchasing a Bambi trailer, I know I want the 19 foot, can someone explain to me the difference in models? my main concern is quality, here's what I want:

A bed, TV sitting, bathroom, AC, a microwave is nice to have, but I don't plan to do any serious cooking in it, maybe some reheating of cooked food.

I want the one with excellent quality, I plan on taking it on unpaved roads, so I want something rugged.

Basically, by looking at their website, I can see floor plans, but I want to know which is the best in terms of quality.

Thank you so much
They are all basically the same trailer. Cosmetics is what seems to set them apart. The options available are different. The Safari has different windows and the CCD has an aluminum interior skin. The quality from those who have them, is about the same, check the "Quality threads" search on key words '2006 quality' and '2007 quality' on this site, that should give you some in-site. Rugged is the real question, I would not call any new Airstream particularly rugged. Wally made some of the older trailers for "rugged" use but those had dual axles and were in the 22' to 25' models. They are not made as a off road vehicle, so you pay your money and take your chances.
There weights are different due to the difference in appointments provided. I would look for the lightest one and take it easy.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #4

Falls Church , Virginia
thank you both for your replies, I do plan on visiting the dealer and checking it out, but I still don't have the experience to know what's a good quality kind, even if I see it, I want something built as solid as a Mercedes or BMW, which of the Airstream would you say is like that? Tell me which one is the flagship top of the line in terms of quality and features, I took some advice on maybe I should go a little bigger, I'm looking at the 25FB:

Right here

any comments? thank you very much for all of this
Jericho2550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think you will find different opinions on your question. I can offer up some personal observations and you can judge them for yourself. The Safaris are lightest with thinner and less expensive materials and composite fabricated overhead cabinet doors and you might like to upgrade to the LS package of options or the SE to get the full opening windows and panaramic window. The CCDs are heavier materials and overhead wood turned cabinets and designer features, and the Classics have more options combined as standard equipment with solid wood cabinets and solid counter tops weighing in as the heaviest with residential styling.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 bambi