Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 27' Globetrotter
Geographicly , Unbound
See next post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 27' Globetrotter
Geographicly , Unbound
Dexter 3" lift kit for single axle available for sale: k71-724-02-dexter-torflex-lift-kit-11-torflex-axle. PM if interested
Old 04-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
pm me if you are interested in the other half of the
k71-724-04 - with #11 dual axle kit

pictures and prices posted above
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 27' Globetrotter
Geographicly , Unbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLife View Post
Dexter 3" lift kit for single axle available for sale: k71-724-02-dexter-torflex-lift-kit-11-torflex-axle. PM if interested
Sold
Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Seattle , Washington
To all those who have installed the lift kit on a 22FB, how did you handle the gas line that runs through the OEM bracket? Did you disconnect and reroute, leave as is and just drop down, or ? How is it working out?
ChrisnPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
I had to go out and look beneath my 22' Sport to see what you were asking .... in mine ... the gas line to the refrigerator does not pass thru the axle brackets. It runs aft of the axle, and passes within a short section of PEX (to protect it from road debris cast off by the tire) and travels directly up into the coach.

The only "line" passing anywhere near the axle is an electric line for the roadside brake assembly...but it also does not pass "thru" the axle bracket....but instead thru a hole in the frame above the axle and is not a concern. No need to deal with it at all.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Seattle , Washington
Interesting. My 2012 22 Sport has a gas line as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 22FB Axel Bracket.png
Views:	197
Size:	706.6 KB
ID:	287360  
Old 06-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Wow!... they must have been trying to save a little copper to route your gas line that way. My own line passes over the middle of the axle between the axle and sheet-metal bottom. Lowering the axle had no effect whatsoever.

I'd recommend you disconnect the line, drop the axle, then re-route OVER the axle and reconnect. Bending horizontally to clear the axle, the re-straightening it over the axle one time, shouldn't pose too much stress on the line.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego and Julian , California
This is a great thread. We are about to head off on a long trip, but we are very interested in lifting the Bambi when we return. Reading through the posts it seems that the trailers of concern are 19'ers and longer. Does anyone have experience, or thoughts, about lifting a 16'. Is there anything about the 16' that is particular for a lift that has not already been addressed?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #50

2018 22' Sport
Menlo Park , California
1/2 of new Dexter Torflex Lift Kit K71-724-02 available for $90 plus shipping. PM me if interested.
Thanks
-Ken
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego and Julian , California
We did it, and before leaving for a long trip. Using a set of Dexter lift kit, we got the 16' up in a weekend. Fortunate for owners of 16ers, Dexter sells the spacer bars in a single pair.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and ideas on the matter. You all inspired us

Sandy
Old 07-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndVin View Post
We did it, and before leaving for a long trip. Using a set of Dexter lift kit, we got the 16' up in a weekend. Fortunate for owners of 16ers, Dexter sells the spacer bars in a single pair.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and ideas on the matter. You all inspired us

Sandy
The smaller Sports often have the #10 axle for which single kits are sold. The others (22', etc. and the Flying Clouds) usually have the #11 axle for which only double sets are sold. Check YOUR axle label before ordering.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
pls PM if you are interested.

i still have the 1/2 kit

someone else bailed on me at the last minutes

cost to ship from CAN -> USA for the weight of this is around $50

please advise

pics can be seen in page 4 of this posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
The order for k71-724-04 - with #11 dual axle kit arrived today

if anyone wants the other half pls PM me. the cost is half of U$177 ( ie U$88.50) plus shipping to you. serious offers only for this solid price.

Pls PM me your exact Address so that i can get a quote for shipping , plus how you can pay me. I can receive a paypal payment if that is ok for you. if not advise an alternate prepayment before i ship

here is what you will get plus a copy of the 3 page install guide
Not- you only get TWO brackets, the other photo is just from another angle

the items in the box weigh 15 lbs
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Has anyone had a lift kit such as this installed by a dealer as part of an 22’ Sport deal?

Does installing a lift kit affect the AS warranty in any way?
ijoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijoe13 View Post
Has anyone had a lift kit such as this installed by a dealer as part of an 22’ Sport deal?

Does installing a lift kit affect the AS warranty in any way?
Ijoe... I'm not picking on you at all... I promise. ... But WHY are you asking US yea-hoos (who have no responsibility to warranty your trailer) if someone ELSE will do the work and stand by it? I strongly urge you to call the folks that can give you a straight and meaningful answer.... and then report back here what was said...
Old 08-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #56
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
Ijoe... I'm not picking on you at all... I promise. ... But WHY are you asking US yea-hoos (who have no responsibility to warranty your trailer) if someone ELSE will do the work and stand by it? I strongly urge you to call the folks that can give you a straight and meaningful answer.... and then report back here what was said...

No offense meant. I’m simply curious about users’ experiences with this particular item.

I can for example have an aftermarket “whatever” installed on my truck by my dealer and have it not void my warranty.

I plan on contacting my local dealer with a list of questions and this will be one of them.

Cheers!
Old 08-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Seattle , Washington
Well, I finally installed the lift kit on my 2012 22FB. Not an easy task for an old man to squeeze into tight places and torque bolts at 150ft/lbs, but very pleased with the outcome. Wouldn't recommend this without the right tools, which I found to be an impact wrench to remove the old bolts, a good jack and stands, and a good torque wrench.

I couldn't lower the axle with the gas line running through the existing bracket, so I had to cut it (couldn't slip out through the bracket due to the size of the fittings), and replace. That turned out to be a fairly easy task, copper tubing (Type L) and a flaring tool from HD for about $50.

Overall, I like the look of the trailer. The extra clearance at both the tail and the tongue should be a great help on rough roads, off-level campsites, and gutters between the streets and gas stations. Just took a short drive and it rides nicely. Looking forward to a longer trip.

Like others, I know have a left-over 1/2 kit to lift your single axle trailer. Dexter K71-724-04 for sale - $80 + shipping (15lb) or free pick up in Seattle. PM me if interested.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnPatty View Post
Well, I finally installed the lift kit on my 2012 22FB. Not an easy task for an old man to squeeze into tight places and torque bolts at 150ft/lbs, but very pleased with the outcome. Wouldn't recommend this without the right tools, which I found to be an impact wrench to remove the old bolts, a good jack and stands, and a good torque wrench.

I couldn't lower the axle with the gas line running through the existing bracket, so I had to cut it (couldn't slip out through the bracket due to the size of the fittings), and replace. That turned out to be a fairly easy task, copper tubing (Type L) and a flaring tool from HD for about $50.

Overall, I like the look of the trailer. The extra clearance at both the tail and the tongue should be a great help on rough roads, off-level campsites, and gutters between the streets and gas stations. Just took a short drive and it rides nicely. Looking forward to a longer trip.

Like others, I know have a left-over 1/2 kit to lift your single axle trailer. Dexter K71-724-04 for sale - $80 + shipping (15lb) or free pick up in Seattle. PM me if interested.

I’m in Seattle, but don’t have a Sport 22 (yet), so if nobody else buys this off of you in the next month or two, I may take it off your hands.

Also, if you’re able to, post a photo of your newly lifted AS.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Seattle , Washington
Before and After Pics

Before (desert and mountains) and after (lot) pictures with lift kit installed. Doesn't look like much, but 3 inches should make a big difference.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Before Lift.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	292122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before Lift #2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	292123  

Name:	After Lift.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	292124  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnPatty View Post
Before (desert and mountains) and after (lot) pictures with lift kit installed. Doesn't look like much, but 3 inches should make a big difference.

Nice! The difference is noticeable. I presume the towing characteristics haven’t been affected?