Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Full Speaker System on 2013 International 19

My 2013 International Signature 19 came with a Sony Radio with Bluetooth and USB. It is hooked up to a really nice 4 speaker system.

There is also a Samsung BluRay player attached to a 19 inch Samsung HD TV.

I am amazed that AS designed an entertainment system that confined the BluRay player's audio to the crummy little TV speakers.

Has anyone tried to set the system up so that the BluRay will play through the 4 main speakers?
interstateflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

The TV inputs to the stereo through CD 2 input. So whatever is on the TV comes goes into the stereo. We have an adapter that lets us use our iPad through an HDMI cable into the TV, then the sound comes out the main speakers.

If I remember correctly, change your input to CD, which will most likely be CD 1, then push the toggle up or down to select CD 1, 2 or 3.
StokerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
s
Quote:
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
My 2013 International Signature 19 came with a Sony Radio with Bluetooth and USB. It is hooked up to a really nice 4 speaker system.

There is also a Samsung BluRay player attached to a 19 inch Samsung HD TV.o

I am amazed that AS designed an entertainment system that confined the BluRay player's audio to the crummy little TV speakers.

Has anyone tried to set the system up so that the BluRay will play through the 4 main speakers?
e
We installed a six speaker (including subwoofer) Logitech system in our Classic that is fed from the headphone speaker port on our TV. I use a HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV for DVD as well as other videos and audios. Works well for us for less than $100. All the speaker wires are hidden by valances, seams, and a cord cover near the TV. The system is hidden in the empty space below our dinette. It features a wired remote control with a headphone jack so I can listen while my wife is sleeping.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
What StokerDoc stated. You shoul have a sheet in your bag which explains how to configure the Sony Media player. It took me two days to figure out the CD 2 option and then only after I found the cheat sheet.

I have 3 old iPhones loaded with music I slip into the media player to play my tunes, nice setup. The BlueRay player will play a CD.

Now someone explain the thermostat.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Sevierville , Tennessee
I have the Sony DSX-S310BTX in my 2012 International. There are red and white RCA cables connected to the the back of the TV which I assume is audio out. It isn't marked. The tips above for getting CD2 don't seem to work with my Sony and the instructions that came with it make. No mention of CD1, 2, or 3.

I can switch to CD1 mode. It displays "no magazine" for a moment then indicates CD1. Moving the toggle button in any direction does nothing.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I think many of us with home systems probably would assume that when you see HDMI cables and a BluRay player you are going to get 5.1 sound. WRONG! You are getting good old L and R "stereo" through the A/S speakers (or the teeny tiny TV speakers). This is on my list of upgrades (soon), but I just finished installing 4 100 watt solar panels and a couple of AGM batteries. Once my cash replenishes, I'll be tackling this project. I can imagine really tremendous sound, as the Airstream operates like one huge speaker baffle!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB International
San Antonio , Texas
Instead of recreating the wheel, I will piggyback this thread with a similar situation/question. Thank you all for answering the question I wished to ask in the first place.

I have a 2013 International Signature 25FB, and half my questions are answers now that I know I have to put the stereo mode on CD2/3 to receive TV audio through the speakers. (I hope)

The second question is about this random wire combo located in the DVD area. It seems it comes from the subwoofer, but cannot be sure. What is it and where is it suppose to be plug to? What equipment requires a wire like this? Pictures of the wire in question, stereo system, and DVD player.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1C...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lm...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2p...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13rQ...ew?usp=sharing