Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 08:44 AM   #1

2020 22' Bambi
Redmond , Washington
Curt Echo Wireless Brake Controller Settings

Hi,

New to the forums and just purchased a 2020 Bambi 22FB. I am about to go pick it up and was wondering if anyone can give advice on the initial settings for the Curt Echo 51180 wireless brake controller. I know I will have to tweak it a bit once set up, but just looking for those initial settings.

I have a 2019 Toyota Highlander as my tow vehicle.

Thanks for any advice you can share!
bambi22FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
Hi, congrats on the new rig. I have a Curt Echo that I use with my 2019 Sport 22í and VW Atlas. The settings I use are 40% power and 2 on sensitivity. Remember to plug the echo into the vehicle first, let it boot up (should be a solid blue light when done), and then plug in the trailer. If you have any questions about use, just ask!
Prettygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #3

2020 22' Bambi
Redmond , Washington
Thanks you @Prettygood Much appreciated!!! I plugged those settings in and it works great! Bambi is home!

Also, thanks for the advice on the plug in order of operation....the guys are Airstream did it in the wrong order and the controller wasn't working right...it was braking when it shouldn't have. Did as you said and things worked fine....software definitely likes order of operation!

Now I am on the hunt for a good electronic tongue jack...mine has a manual and that is not going to work for me as I have an Equalizer sway control hitch. Any recommendations?
bambi22FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Malibu , California
Congrats! We use the Echo since January, it is a bit of a fiddly process sometimes but better than installing a controller on your dashboard. We use 5 in town, 10 on freeways and 15 downhill, with 8 on the sensitivity. I learned that the hotter the brakes the more you need, so always keep an eye on it and make some tests before descending a mountain.
CMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:13 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi22FB View Post
Thanks you @Prettygood Much appreciated!!! I plugged those settings in and it works great! Bambi is home!

Also, thanks for the advice on the plug in order of operation....the guys are Airstream did it in the wrong order and the controller wasn't working right...it was braking when it shouldn't have. Did as you said and things worked fine....software definitely likes order of operation!

Now I am on the hunt for a good electronic tongue jack...mine has a manual and that is not going to work for me as I have an Equalizer sway control hitch. Any recommendations?

Glad that worked out! As for recommendations on the electric Jack, etrailer.com is a great source with excellent customer service. Do some research there and find something that will fit your needs and budget. Super easy install, I converted to the trailer valet model that uses a drill vs a power jack. Sometimes I think I should have just gone with a power one to make things easier.

Good luck and enjoy the trailer
Prettygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
We just equipped our 2021 16RB with a Husky Super Brute jack. It's overkill and could lift the whole trailer (loaded) and we could have saved $100 for something less, but it's really easy to use, remote comes in handy, extremely solid, and looks great. It wasn't too difficult to install. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Husky-Tow...mote/113893711
JeffKim is offline   Reply With Quote