Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Nice find, Dan. That is the unit I was referring to, agreed it is far more efficient. There is a company that had it adapted for the US market and offers it for $1350 https://www.recpro.com/rv-air-condit...te-non-ducted/

I wish Dometic would adapt the Ibis 4 or the Harrier Plus to our voltage spec, as that would be the absolute ideal unit. It would be the same tech as a mini split (variable inverter driven compressor) but in a rooftop install package.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:26 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHouseDreams View Post
Nice find, Dan. That is the unit I was referring to, agreed it is far more efficient. There is a company that had it adapted for the US market and offers it for $1350 https://www.recpro.com/rv-air-condit...te-non-ducted/

I wish Dometic would adapt the Ibis 4 or the Harrier Plus to our voltage spec, as that would be the absolute ideal unit. It would be the same tech as a mini split (variable inverter driven compressor) but in a rooftop install package.

Thanks! That RECPRO unit is much quieter and more efficient than the typical US RV air conditioner. I would think that Airstream would seriously look into installing these units. Possibly two AC units could perform using 30 amp service.

I agree that it would make a lot of sense for Dometic to use variable inverter driven compressors. It would make it possible to realistically operate air conditioners with lithium batteries and a 2,000 watt inverter.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:40 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshumer995 View Post
Pictures please, we also have a '16 22FB and are planning a mini split HVAC install. I promise to document the process with pix.

Do you know which minisplit you are going to install and have you figured out where you are going to install the air handler and compressor?

I am installing a 12,000 btu/hr unit in our 95 34’ and also one in our son’s 78 Caravanner. I have installed two residential units and am hoping to learn a lot after installing these two units in our Airstreams.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote