Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
22FB fresh water check valve

I know there are threads out there about this but they are old. So I'll post this here for the 22FB and 16 crowd:

Sometimes when we hook up to city water, our fresh tank begins a slow backfill. As I understand from threads past, the back flow can completely fill up the fresh tank and even come out the vent on top.

What I do is watch for back fill to happen (SeeLevel II will show an incremental change over time) and then shut off city water and use the pump to empty the fresh tank. Not a big issue unless I forget to check the tank level while camping.

Some say this is a sand particle stuck in the check valve. I don't have it happen every trip, but if it's going to happen, it does so early in the trip.

Recent trips have been much better. Not sure if it was a 'self-fixing' issue. Last 2 week trip to multiple parks and I had no issues with back fill. I use a blue filter on city water line. I drained the freshwater tank while at home and will refill it with fresh before the October trip.

Anyone else have this happen? Other than replacing the check valve, any other fixes? Any cause for alarm?
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
The Check valve is in the water pump. Ours wouldn’t stop filling the water tank no matter what we tried. The check valve cannot be serviced. So we replaced the water pump. All is well now.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #3

2018 22' Sport
Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWhite View Post
The Check valve is in the water pump. Ours wouldn’t stop filling the water tank no matter what we tried. The check valve cannot be serviced. So we replaced the water pump. All is well now.
I have a 2019 with same issue. Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? I have inline filter and have read numerous threads as well as tried the pump dry method.

Thanks,

d
vbdave26 is offline   Reply With Quote