Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
Oxford , North Carolina
2020 Bambi 22FB AC Humidity Problem?

I have a brand new 2020 Bambi 22fb with the Dometic roof AC unit. It seems to cool well, I have a small temp/humidity gauge and it gets down the 63-64 degrees but the humidity stays high, sometimes up to 75%.

Am I doing something wrong. I have kept it at max cool and fan to see if it brings it down but no luck.

Also, when do you use the sliding vents on the bottom of the unit? Documentation does not say just that there are vents.........

Anyone else with a new Bambi seeing the same?
Wake Forest, NC
boldie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #2

1 , 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldie24 View Post
I have a brand new 2020 Bambi 22fb with the Dometic roof AC unit. It seems to cool well, I have a small temp/humidity gauge and it gets down the 63-64 degrees but the humidity stays high, sometimes up to 75%.

Am I doing something wrong. I have kept it at max cool and fan to see if it brings it down but no luck.
I have a 16 and notice the same issue. From what I can tell the problem is that the fan runs constantly and when the compressor is off it picks up moisture from the system and blows it back into the trailer. My “solution” is to turn on the AC, listen for the compressor to stop and then turn the whole thing off. Repeat the process when the temperature rises enough to need more cooling. Of course this doesn’t work when I’m asleep or away from the Airstream, so then I just live with the humidity. I am looking into getting a small dehumidifier though to see if that helps.
cr1ms0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
Oxford , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1ms0n View Post
I have a 16 and notice the same issue. From what I can tell the problem is that the fan runs constantly and when the compressor is off it picks up moisture from the system and blows it back into the trailer. My “solution” is to turn on the AC, listen for the compressor to stop and then turn the whole thing off. Repeat the process when the temperature rises enough to need more cooling. Of course this doesn’t work when I’m asleep or away from the Airstream, so then I just live with the humidity. I am looking into getting a small dehumidifier though to see if that helps.
I went with a small dehumidifier as well. Will be traveling next week through Labor Day weekend. Will let you know how that goes.

Thanks for your experience
Wake Forest, NC
boldie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:08 AM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldie24 View Post

Also, when do you use the sliding vents on the bottom of the unit? Documentation does not say just that there are vents.........

Anyone else with a new Bambi seeing the same?
The problem is generally that the A/C is too large for the volume being cooled. The unit cycles instead of running continuously and doesn’t run long enough to dehumidify. With the cooler air in the trailer the relative humidity goes up.

We use an EcoSeb desiccant dehumidifier and it will bring our relative humidity down below 50%.