Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
I love all the hacks and improvements in this thread! I've done or seriously considered many of these here, and really appreciate the sharing. In the spirit of 'giving back, I wanted to share our take on a kid-sized bunk in our 19' Bambi (I posted similarly in "what did you get for your trailer today" forum).
Wow, that's a great idea for maximizing the space. Thanks for sharing the photos. Very inspiring idea!
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Question about the Ikea shades. I notice the length of the shades are 76". You didn't trim off the excess did you? Just pull them down to the desired location and not worry about the extra length? Did you have to cut any of the shades width down?

How do you secure the shades against the wall when pulled down?

Thanks for sharing.

Kelvin
Correct, the length is more than what is needed. But they roll up very neatly so I didn't alter the length ... in fact, I don't think you can alter the length. Now you can alter the width, even though I didn't have to alter the width on any of the shades. From the instructions provided, it seems very easy to alter the width.

I haven't decided on what path I want to pursue on securing the shades against the wall. I am leaning toward the following though:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...FQkwaQodKV8O8Q
Old 03-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
I might even have my aluminum fabricator whip me up some valances for three of the blinds - as the other two sit under the curb side upper cabinets.

So cool all your upgrades and innovative ideas Frank and Mike - I will keep watching to see of any other ideas you may have.....Thanks!!!
I would really enjoy seeing what you come up with in the way of aluminum valances. I bet those would like very sharp! Thank you for the kind feedback.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
The blinds look better than white ones look. The grey perfectly blends with the aluminum walls. I also have a little boler trailer that needs new window coverings. These blinds might be the solution. Wonderful thread! I always enjoy seeing what you and others are doing to improve Airstream living.
Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
The blinds look better than white ones look. The grey perfectly blends with the aluminum walls. I also have a little boler trailer that needs new window coverings. These blinds might be the solution. Wonderful thread! I always enjoy seeing what you and others are doing to improve Airstream living.
Lisa
Thank you for the kind feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the thread and find the topic interesting.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #86
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
I like the look of the ottoman and I am sure the dogs love using it. Is it a storage piece? Some ottomans have a removable top and so storage is a nice bonus. Though it certainly looks as though you are maximizing every square in of space!
Happy camping!
annie
TCA and GPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #87
2 Rivet Member

Cazenovia , New York
We have lived with the narrow space between counter and table since we got the Sport five years ago and we spend almost 6 months a year camping in Key West.
Fortunately my husband is skinny but I do not always enjoy body contact and am about ready to do him in...so your modifications to the table may save his life, once he moves the table. Someone commented on the multiple holes drilled in the table underside..we have the same and suspect that tables messed up in other instillations were put in the Sports..or maybe Airstream was just practicing with these tables.
Anyway...a very necessary alteration. Thanks for the directions.
rlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCA and GPO View Post
I like the look of the ottoman and I am sure the dogs love using it. Is it a storage piece? Some ottomans have a removable top and so storage is a nice bonus. Though it certainly looks as though you are maximizing every square in of space!
Happy camping!
annie
Thank you Annie. We tried to find another ottoman with the storage space ... unfortunately couldn't find any we liked this time. So opted for one without storage. We're sure trying to gain efficiencies with the footprint of the 22 foot Sport. It's now at a point where we're comfortable in it and can walk around without scooting each other out of the way.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewis View Post
We have lived with the narrow space between counter and table since we got the Sport five years ago and we spend almost 6 months a year camping in Key West.
Fortunately my husband is skinny but I do not always enjoy body contact and am about ready to do him in...so your modifications to the table may save his life, once he moves the table. Someone commented on the multiple holes drilled in the table underside..we have the same and suspect that tables messed up in other instillations were put in the Sports..or maybe Airstream was just practicing with these tables.
Anyway...a very necessary alteration. Thanks for the directions.
We have been so much happier with the interior space since moving the table base right up next to the base of the dinette. It's surprising what a positive impact it had on that important path of the interior. I can understand your feeling about the body contact ... it can get annoying trying to the simplest of things. I'm sure you will be very pleased once you move that table over. And don't forget the table rotates ... so you can still have that sitting area next to the window simply by sliding the table out of its locked position.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Under the Cabinet Vornado

This is the next change coming soon. We found this "under the cabinet" Vornado. The photo below is just an attempt to show how it mounts (using the utility room cabinet). Once I install it in the Airstream I'll post photos ... but I think this is going to be a great space saving solution (it allows us to eliminate our clip on fan and free up more counter space).

Also attached is a photo of the EZ Coil water hose. I've been wanting one of these for a while and I'm anxious to try it out. Anyone have any experience with the EZ Coil water hose and wish to offer up some reviews?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vornado.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	258505   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ Coil.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	258506  

Old 03-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
[QUOTE=Frank&Mike;1760179]This is the next change coming soon. We found this "under the cabinet" Vornado. The photo below is just an attempt to show how it mounts (using the utility room cabinet). Once I install it in the Airstream I'll post photos ... but I think this is going to be a great space saving solution (it allows us to eliminate our clip on fan and free up more counter space).

Also attached is a photo of the EZ Coil water hose. I've been wanting one of these for a while and I'm anxious to try it out. Anyone have any experience with the EZ Coil water hose and wish to offer up some reviews?[/QUOTE]

Hi, I have had, and still have, one of those hoses. They are great, but they can kink and this will cause them to leak. They can also get tangled and a real pain to get them un-tangled. Also if you run hot water through them, or leave them in the Sun with water pressure, they will swell up. You need to turn the faucet off and release the pressure from the hose. I always keep a pistol grip nozzle on mine.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #92
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Bob - Thank you for your suggestions on the EZ Coil.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #93
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
I am intrigued by the table move as illustrated but can't get my mind around what the results looks like when you need to convert to a bed. We have a two week old 2016 Sport FB22 and when traveling with our "grandkids" during our "maiden voyage" this past weekend the lack of space opposite the galley became very apparent. I do understand the rotational aspect of the table and the slide however, when moving back the pedestal to the back wall what happens next? Do you simply rotate the table and slide it back towards the galley to provide the area necessary to prepare the bed? A picture with this in mind could make the difference in getting my drill out to modify this before the week is out. Thanks for all your input.
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:19 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Closet Mod Pics Please

[SIZE="4"]This is a great thread and really just what I needed. Our 22FB is only a matter of couple of weeks old to us (2016).
Using it the first time with two very young "grandkids" was a challenge indeed....had it been videoed I am sure it would make a great cartoon.
I see the closet area as a "great blank canvas". We really don't need all that hanging space but sure could utilize more "optional" storage solutions...the kind that don't require everything to be moved to get to that one needed item.
If anyone has any pics of mods in this area they would be great appreciated.
Thanks to all that have contributed so far. /SIZE]
Old 04-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpatrick16 View Post
I am intrigued by the table move as illustrated but can't get my mind around what the results looks like when you need to convert to a bed. ..... I do understand the rotational aspect of the table and the slide however, when moving back the pedestal to the back wall what happens next? Do you simply rotate the table and slide it back towards the galley to provide the area necessary to prepare the bed? A picture with this in mind could make the difference in getting my drill out to modify this before the week is out. Thanks for all your input.
I haven't taken any photos with the table converted to the bed position ... but you describe it accurately as "simply rotate the table and slide it back towards the galley to provide the area necessary to prepare the bed."
Old 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #96
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
I haven't taken any photos with the table converted to the bed position ... but you describe it accurately as "simply rotate the table and slide it back towards the galley to provide the area necessary to prepare the bed."
I really appreciate this idea of yours. Actually, I didn't wait for your reply I just "jumped right in" and figured it out today. After removing the pedestal I rotated the table in several configurations. I did take note that the "slide portion" needs to be at the "stop position" at the back or it will mar the cabinetry. I left about an 1" to 1 1/2" between the pedestal base and the cabinet wall.

It took me awhile to figure out how best to configure the cushions as I noted there is a small gap of about 4" between the back of the "table cushion" and the back. I figured a couple of options. Use the end pcs and stand them on end or just leave the gap and use the "throw pillows" to cover it. I guess it would depend on who is sitting on the new "couch' at the time. The results turned out great and really enhances the interior giving it a 'new look".

I would hope the AS"designers" would notice this thread and "build this into their design". We looked at an RPOD with an end dinette before we chose the AS. The table in that unit is completely removable leaving a circular lounge area. We liked that a lot. Your "suggested mod" gives us something very close to that look.

Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #97
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California
Not sure if the photo will post, but if it does, this is the route we went. The table folds up & stores at the end of the couch.
lindaebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
[QUOTE=lindaebrewer;1773331]Not sure if the photo will post, but if it does, this is the route we went. The table folds up & stores at the end of the couch.QUOTE]

I don't think the photo posted. I would be very interested in seeing what you did and I'm sure others would as well.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California
Maybe? photo download?
Attached Images

lindaebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #100
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California