Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #61
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
AS Dealer

I agree with siver surfer,

Go see Bo at SW but they are now located right off the 91 fwy in Corona, CA.

One thing they do is at night they have all the AS's exterior lights on so it looks like Christmas all year long.

The're in an old Toyota dealership so they have plenty of room for sales and service and when you bring you're AS in. They even offer storage for your AS if you need it.

We purchased our 2013 16' Bambi from them and they are top notch in sales and service.

Jack Dog
in So Cal
JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Hols and Lols,

I had the AS dealer install a second battery prior to picking up our 2013 16' Bambi. Also, I installed a manual on/off switch for the frig fan since ours ran almost all the time. You only need the fan in high temps otherwise it just drains the battery.

I also changed out all the interior lights to LED and we will also use battery lanterns to assist in stretching out the battery power.

Next step will some type of solar set up.

Jack Dog
in So Cal
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
QS and Bambi folks... It's amazing what we can do in 16-feet that takes 75-feet for this very nice couple from Canada we net on the road. Our QS actually would fit in their toyhauler!

Rapa Nui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Hi Folks...

Is there any way to decipher the serial number to determine the sequence of QuikSilvers produced? I was told (not verified) ours was the 52nd built.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #65
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Big Things in Small Packages

Rapa Nui,

We just returned from an Easter week in Tombstone, AZ and surrounding area.

We we're in Bisbee taking the tour of the old Queen Copper mine. They have a small RV park located on a shelf just above the parking lot. As I had finished my tour and waiting for my family to finish their tour I was sitting in the Jeep as a huge 40 foot motor home pulled up into the parking lot.

Since the access driveway ramp from the parking lot to the RV park had a very tight turn and steep incline I and other folks watched for twenty minutes while the wife outside the coach "assisted" her husband in getting the coach up the ramp.

In many ways I'm envious of the owners of larger AS's and would love to move up to a nice twenty five footer I do love the compact size of our 2013 16' Sport and the ability to fit into almost any space.

Also, talking about the attraction factor of owning an AS. We stopped in Quartzsite to get gas and it took us almost half an hour to get out of the gas station due to people who wanted a "peek" inside our little tin can.

My girlfriend gets a real kick out of showing off the trailer which is funny coming from someone who had never camped or RV'ed before and was a big believer in five star resort vacations. She absolutely loves the AS. Now if I could just get her to make the monthly payment! ummmmmm.

Jack Dog
in So Cal
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Jack Dog...

My wife, like your girlfriend, loves showing off the interior of the Airstream. I just walk away and let her do her tour-guide thing. One guy was over 6-foot-5 and had to hunch over. He even went into the bathroom!

His last words to us: "I gotta get me one of those."
Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #67
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Showering in a Bambi

Rapa Nui,

On our last trip out I finally decided to try showering in the bathroom. I'm not a little guy so it was a challenge to find room to move around, even our Casita's wet shower was bigger.

My girlfriend sat on the dinette laughing and making rude remarks. When I finished I told her she can stay home and I'll take the Collies camping instead! Of course I think if they could talk they would do the same thing.

In the future unless the showers at the places we stay are really nasty I'll leave the shower for her use. This experience doesn't diminish my love for our AS but now that 25' International Serenity is looking really good.

Jack Dog
in So Cal
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Jack Dog...

Well, that's an image I'd rather not have. Much too information!

My wife is one of those 5-star hotel types. So even though we have a shower in the QS, as you do with the Sport, it has never been used. The places we stay tend to have first-rate showers (or she wouldn't go).

When I do camping with the AS alone, I use the outside shower with a pop up shower stall. That would never fly with my wife.

Art
Oregon Coast
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #69
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Showering in a Bambi

Rapa Nui,

You're right, its a guy thing.

Thanks for the idea to use the access door in the AS and shower outside; I'll start looking for a portable shower. What do you use as the floor or do you just wear flip flops while showering?

Jack Dog,
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Jack Dog...

Flip flops or old tennies if the ground is dirt or gravel. Barefoot when concrete.

Art
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #71
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bellingham , Washington
Well, I went and brought it home. Somehow I just got it in my blood and could no longer live without it. Quicksilver! It may have been the drawer pull, or perhaps the floor. But now I have one, let the goodtimes roll!
langillemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by langillemc View Post
Well, I went and brought it home. Somehow I just got it in my blood and could no longer live without it. Quicksilver! It may have been the drawer pull, or perhaps the floor. But now I have one, let the goodtimes roll!
I think it might be the lamp shades!

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Congrats! You'll love it. We started a registry of QuikSilvers so if you don't mind sending the last five digits of the VIN number, we'll add it to the list. Have fun. It's a great Airstream.

Art
Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #74
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bellingham , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapa Nui View Post
Congrats! You'll love it. We started a registry of QuikSilvers so if you don't mind sending the last five digits of the VIN number, we'll add it to the list. Have fun. It's a great Airstream.

Art
Production date january 2006

last five 19451

How many do you have listed now?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #75
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bellingham , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenfolder View Post
I think it might be the lamp shades!

Stan
Salt Lake City
Man, so many cool features and so tricked out. It's like having a hotrod at 16!!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #76
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Man, so many cool features and so tricked out. It's like having a hotrod at 16!!
We're at six and counting. Only 94 to go. I've put the word out to the Airstream dealers so hopefully we'll have more by the end of the summer. If you run across another QuikSilver let 'em know. When we get to a tipping point, we'll have a rally.

Art
Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #77
4 Rivet Member

Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapa Nui View Post
We're at six and counting. Only 94 to go. I've put the word out to the Airstream dealers so hopefully we'll have more by the end of the summer. If you run across another QuikSilver let 'em know. When we get to a tipping point, we'll have a rally.

Art

A rally of just QuikSilvers would be way cool!

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International
crescent city , California
Smile Quiksilver

Hi,
We have a QuikSilver . A rally would be fun. We live in crescent city, ca
Paul & Catherine::
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Hi guys... It seems most of the Airstream QuikSilver owners I've heard from live out west. I'll put you on the list of folks to notify when the rally looks like it'll happen.

By the way, do I have you on the register? Please forward the last five digits of your QS's vin number and I'll add it to the list.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #80

Ivins , Utah
Add mine to your list. My last 5 VIN numbers are 19229. We live in southern Utah outside St. George!
Rob Anglin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 bambi