Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Question 12V Schematic Sport 22FB

Pardon me if this has been answered already. I searched and did not find it.

The sport owners manual has a 120 volt schematic, a solar schematic, and a 12 volt schematic (see attached) that shows the trailer harness and that references a "12 volt trailer schematic for the model", but that is not in the owners manual. Where do I find it?

I am looking to understand how the USB outlets and the TV antenna amplifier outlet are wired.

Thanks

Pat
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018-Sport-Owners-Manual 78.pdf (136.0 KB, 182 views)
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
in the diagram , where is the battery is it M2?
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post

Yes, M2. Look further and see it references a 12 v trailer schematic, that's what I am looking for
Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Here ya' go! (Acquired from the Airstream website) See Sheet 2 of 2.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electrical2008Sport22ft.pdf (8.52 MB, 252 views)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
Here ya' go! (Acquired from the Airstream website) See Sheet 2 of 2.

Thank you
Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
2017 AS 22FB electrical schmatic

this is the schematic for the 2017 as22FB model
the last post for a much older model
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 – 22 FB Sport - Electrical.pdf (2.26 MB, 205 views)
Old 08-30-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Great, thank you. Can you tel me how you found that on the web site? I have looked and looked and can't figure it out. I may need others as I have not made a final decision yet and I don't want to bother the forum by asking over and over for other models.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
I called AS support and asked them for detailed schematics and floor plans. the ones in the manual were less than useless. they said, send us your serial number to ensure we send you the correct set. They eventually sent me over a dozen files to cover all items including body, electrical, plumping, windows etc. I now have all the details I need to do any mtce or upgrade work be sure to print them on 11x17 or large paper so that you can see the details. we keep them all in a bound folder in the trailer
Old 08-31-2017, 01:29 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Quote:
I called AS support and asked them for detailed schematics and floor plans. the ones in the manual were less than useless. they said, send us your serial number to ensure we send you the correct set. They eventually sent me over a dozen files to cover all items including body, electrical, plumping, windows etc. I now have all the details I need to do any mtce or upgrade work be sure to print them on 11x17 or large paper so that you can see the details. we keep them all in a bound folder in the trailer

Thanks. That makes sense as to why I couldn't find anything more than the base drawings in the owners manual.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:55 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
this is the schematic for the 2017 as22FB model
the last post for a much older model
Thanks Waninae. Only thing I don't see on those schematics is that CAT5 prewire from the tank monitor wall to the front battery bus bar, is it included with our factory solar prewire?
keweenawbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
i don't know where the left end of the cat5 is. i want to reuse it
the right end is under the foot of the bed, road side.

it can be seen in the schematics.

can anyone advise where the left end of the cat5 is buried
Old 05-26-2018, 12:14 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
i don't know where the left end of the cat5 is. i want to reuse it
the right end is under the foot of the bed, road side.

it can be seen in the schematics.

can anyone advise where the left end of the cat5 is buried

I think it is hanging inside the wall behind the tank monitor panel in the bathroom since that is where the solar control/display panel gets cut-in and mounted. I did read somewhere here that one owner found his in the space behind the fridge but I think it was an older trailer.

I think I would like to use it for a WIFI extender or something like that. Not sure how wifi from outside penetrates the aluminum trailer shell, but I'll find out soon enough. Glad I could help LOL!
Old 04-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #14
The Joymobile

2011 22' Sport
MERIDEN , CT
22 Sport FB 2011

I'm trying to locate the end of the solar pre-wire (yellow and green wires) that is reported to be accessible near the roof fan. (I have found the other end in the front under bed compartment).

I've removed the fan's cowling but there is almost no clearance between the fan box and the aluminum ceiling panels. I've tried fishing around using a screw driver and coat hanger and have only managed to remove some insulation. I see no evidence of any green/yellow wiring. Can anyone tell me which side of the box I should expect to see the wiring?
JeffofCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
My guess is that the wires run to the drivers side of the trailer parallel with that cowling and down into the rats nest under the closet (accessible from the little removable cover). Then they would head towards the front. I haven't tried to access mine as I plan to do portable solar panels.

They could be on the other side of a structural rib which would make the wires very hard to reach from the fan cut out.

Can you achieve a similar goal by locating the wires under the closet? Perhaps the wires are not anchored to the structure and you can use them to pull new wires. We would hope that the wiring runs all the way and does not go into a junction box where the wires change size and color before getting to the roof ports!

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #16
Trilla the Traveling Tube

2018 22' Sport
Dayton , Wyoming
This might be handy for you as well - 2018 Sport Parts book
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sport-parts-book.pdf (3.86 MB, 43 views)
kpfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:10 AM   #17
The Joymobile

2011 22' Sport
MERIDEN , CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_NB View Post
My guess is that the wires run to the drivers side of the trailer parallel with that cowling and down into the rats nest under the closet (accessible from the little removable cover). Then they would head towards the front. I haven't tried to access mine as I plan to do portable solar panels.

They could be on the other side of a structural rib which would make the wires very hard to reach from the fan cut out.

Can you achieve a similar goal by locating the wires under the closet? Perhaps the wires are not anchored to the structure and you can use them to pull new wires. We would hope that the wiring runs all the way and does not go into a junction box where the wires change size and color before getting to the roof ports!
I have a tiny snake/cable for my phone, I spent about 1/2 hour fishing around all four sides of the fan assembly. While I did find wiring for the vent and ceiling lights, I never found the yellow and green solar wires. I'll just run my own by drilling a hole and running the wire down the cavity between the bathroom and closet wall. I've had that open already to install the Victron monitor and it's accessible.
JeffofCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:33 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffofCT View Post
I'm trying to locate the end of the solar pre-wire (yellow and green wires) that is reported to be accessible near the roof fan. (I have found the other end in the front under bed compartment).

I've removed the fan's cowling but there is almost no clearance between the fan box and the aluminum ceiling panels. I've tried fishing around using a screw driver and coat hanger and have only managed to remove some insulation. I see no evidence of any green/yellow wiring. Can anyone tell me which side of the box I should expect to see the wiring?
I had to remove the fan speed control because it burned out. While it was all apart I cleaned up there, I did not see anything else, but aren't those wires running up to the plugs/jacks on the roof? I did see them and the CAT5 inside that wall where the charge controller would mount by the tank indicator. If you pick up one of those Milwaukee M12 snake cameras you can see what's up in that wall just by removing the indicator panel.

I did like what Roamaroo (YouTube and Instagram) did with his 22fb - (3) Battlebourne 100a/h (two out front, one under the bed with a Victron charge controller) If I did that I would probably populate the roof of my Transit van with solar panels, it really seems out of balance with just (2) 100 watt panels.

I haven't been here in awhile (but still alive) so this may all be old news.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:49 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
It would make sense to be able to reach the OEM wiring at the roof port or under it. I am pretty sure the wires appear in the mess of wires under the storage closet. I did some work in there to connect my shore switch to my breaker panel and then ran wires up to the front under the bed where my inverter and battery are. I installed my Victron monitor into the bed frame next to the battery shut off switch. I do seem to recall seeing the solar prewire wires at many places while working on my upgrades.

The good part is that it is not too difficult to run wires from the closet floor to the area under the bed, by routing the wires under the cabinets so you don't see them at all.

I hope that those wires aren't in a rib? Removing the roof port would be a better way to see where the wires run but that would mean cutting into a perfectly good seal and creating a possible leak!

Let us know how it works out.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v