Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

What goodies come with the 25ft SE/LS package?

Just brought her home, our 25ft 2006 Safari FB/SE and what a beauty. With solar and satellite radio we should be set for life! This purchase went like a dream thanks to Troy at Southwest Coaches in Irvine, Ca. who also gave us a 1:18th scale metal AS as a gift, which I will treasure!

I know there are a few goodies coming with this trailer like hats and jackets but I also read a sales pamphlet online that zip dee chairs are included with the SE/LS package...is this correct?

Also we have the twin beds with the midnight sun interior, and am wondering if a standard twin mattress covers will fit or did you order special from somewhere? We're making life easy in this AS and will hunt for lightweight sleeping bags with washable sheet liners instead of making 2 beds up every day, and am hoping for some leads regarding these as I know they are out there somewhere!

Thanks for any info here, am happy for this area in the forum as questions arise, this is one great AS

Barbara
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
The chairs come with the 28 foot or longer models. You will get a thing in the mail where you choose color (Blue or Tan) Ball caps and windbreakers. We filled out the form and have been waiting since July for our hats and jackets.

Are you going to the Norcal rally in Paso Robles?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Standard matress pads will fit although they will be deeper pocketed and the width a tad wider. I just folded over the inside corner and snugged up with those elastic suspenders. We used traditional linens on the twins, but used a Hack Sack by Leisure sleeping system for the 3/4 bed placed over a fitted sheet over a mattress pad. Someday I will custom fit the sheets on the short curved foot of the queen...someday...yeah...right now I still use the suspenders.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
The chairs come with the 28 foot or longer models. You will get a thing in the mail where you choose color (Blue or Tan) Ball caps and windbreakers. We filled out the form and have been waiting since July for our hats and jackets.

Are you going to the Norcal rally in Paso Robles?
Thanks for info, am happy enough with caps & jackets! Won't be going to Norcal rally this year, our daughter is due with her second son right about then.... but have fun and send some pics if you're there!

Barbara
Old 08-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Standard matress pads will fit although they will be deeper pocketed and the width a tad wider. I just folded over the inside corner and snugged up with those elastic suspenders. We used traditional linens on the twins, but used a Hack Sack by Leisure sleeping system for the 3/4 bed placed over a fitted sheet over a mattress pad. Someday I will custom fit the sheets on the short curved foot of the queen...someday...yeah...right now I still use the suspenders.
Carol, the Hacksack thing looks great...I've never seen anything like that. They have a pretty brown (Bordeaux) which would look great with our interior
and am hoping it will fit there ok...thanks!

Barbara
Old 08-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Good luck on the ZipDee chairs...

We finally got the order form for the hats and jackets about two weeks ago (picked up the trailer in late May). Of course I had just purchased an AS ball cap at the dealers that morning. Haven't seen any chairs and I got a complete run around when I called AS about them. Our dealer (who has been around for a while) knew nothing about them. I'd love to hear from anybody who actually received them.
K & L
Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaStreamin
Carol, the Hacksack thing looks great...I've never seen anything like that. They have a pretty brown (Bordeaux) which would look great with our interior
and am hoping it will fit there ok...thanks!

Barbara
Hi Barbara, the Hacksack sizes run a little differently than the Travasak sizes. When I needed it for the 3/4 it was a better fit since it was enclosed on 3 sides in the side sleeper. You can also check out Travasak. Those cost more and seem loftier. I don't know how the fabrics compare. I have seen others post about them if you want to do a search here to see how they liked the Travasak brand.
http://www.travasak.com/

Congratulations too, and enjoy!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Jackets & hats took almost 2 months

We mailed the order on August 15 and received them today. They are pretty nice but it's still too hot for jackts in AZ. Maybe next month.
-KL