Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #721
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintoman View Post
Winestream ,
2 eyebolts attached thru the cabinet for the coffee table and a good nylon bungee cord, ours never move while traveling.

Dave
In the end, this option worked the best for us. We tried the no - slip stuff on the floor, but that didn't help at all. We installed the hooks like in yours, Dave. Now, with a few hundred miles on them and a few stops, the chairs have always been in place when we open the door. Actually, we usually don't even un - hook them when in use!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #722
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greensburg , Pennsylvania
Jason,
Glad it worked out.
Later
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
pintoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #723
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Anyone had to locate the fresh water tank sensor? I tried to calibrate the micro pulse system for the fresh tank and it faulted out. The prevalent solution from the separate thread about this problem was that the sensor connector is probably corroded and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Anyone know where this sensor is (and don't say "on the fresh tank! :-)) and how to access it on our bunkhouses?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #724
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via Skype™ to alumawife
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Anyone had to locate the fresh water tank sensor? I tried to calibrate the micro pulse system for the fresh tank and it faulted out. The prevalent solution from the separate thread about this problem was that the sensor connector is probably corroded and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Anyone know where this sensor is (and don't say "on the fresh tank! :-)) and how to access it on our bunkhouses?

Send an email to swallace@airstream.com (parts department) with the make and model of your bunkhouse and they will provide you with a drawing of your fresh water tank and the location of your sensor. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I own the same trailer and have replaced sensors in the past. Troy(314)749-9579
alumawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #725
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via Skype™ to alumawife
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintoman View Post
Jason,
Glad it worked out.
Later
Dave

Send an email to swallace@airstream.com (parts department) with the make and model of your bunkhouse and they will provide you with a drawing of your fresh water tank and the location of your sensor. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I own the same trailer and have replaced sensors in the past. Troy(314)749-9579
alumawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #726
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Safari 30' bunkhouse owners club!

I was not sure what section to put this post in, since it covers hitches, tires and the Bunkhouse.... But all the work was done on a Bunkhouse, so I think it belongs in the Bunkhouse thread!

I was putting off moving up to LT tires... No real excuse and I paid the price..... We live internationally for my job, but I maintain a reserve commission with the USCG, so we visit family and I drill in Miami every 6-8 weeks. The bunkhouse is our home when we come back to 'Merica!!!!. Last trip it was exceptionally hot in FL, and we had the dreaded tread separation... The damage was not as bad as it looked, and North Trail RV in Ft. Myers did a good job replacing the right rear side of the banana wrap. While the old Bunkhouse was down for the count, I thought it was time for some upgrades to get us ready for a month long trip we are leaving for this Friday.

So I started spending money.... New LT tires, Bridgestone Duravis R250 tires mounted on new Sendel S20 aluminum rims (I have a pair on my truck at 75,000 miles still going strong), New Anderson weight distribution hitch, and new Bulldog coupler since the old Atwood coupler was not comparable with the Anderson Hitch.

I had the tires drop shipped to North Trail RV, which they put on with the other repairs. The hitch and new coupler were sent to my in-laws house in Ft. Myers. We arrived into town last week and found a local welder who cut the old Atwood coupler off and installed the new Bulldog, we then added the new Anderson hitch and adjusted her all up. After about 100 miles of towing, the hitch really improved the harsh ride of our Dodge 3500 Cab and Chassis tow vehicle. The tires are a little tight but clear with room to spare. They are clearly more robust (less twisting during turns) and seems to be the perfect match. I will be adding new Axels from Andy at inland RV next year, which should give us some more clearance. The truck had some AC compressor issues (fan clutch failed and killed the AC) but this is to be expected on well loved vehicles (I buy new and keep my stuff forever).

We are all set for our adventure, which like I said we depart for this Friday!!! My wife will be keeping our Blog updated if you care to follow, Leaving The Rut (shameless plug for the Blog).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-04 at 12-41-32.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	218409   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-04 at 12-52-00.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	218410  

Name:	2014-08-04 at 12-52-32.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	218411   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-04 at 13-07-12.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	218412  

Name:	2014-08-06 at 13-08-26.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	218413   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-06 at 13-09-32.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	218414  

Name:	2014-08-06 at 13-09-36.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	218415   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-06 at 13-10-08.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	218416  

Name:	2014-08-06 at 13-10-40.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	218417   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	218418  

Old 08-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #727
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Wow !

Glad you got it all fixed up - I'll need to keep up with your blog for sure

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #728
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TavnAsh View Post
I was not sure what section to put this post in, since it covers hitches, tires and the Bunkhouse.... But all the work was done on a Bunkhouse, so I think it belongs in the Bunkhouse thread!

I was putting off moving up to LT tires... No real excuse and I paid the price..... We live internationally for my job, but I maintain a reserve commission with the USCG, so we visit family and I drill in Miami every 6-8 weeks. The bunkhouse is our home when we come back to 'Merica!!!!. Last trip it was exceptionally hot in FL, and we had the dreaded tread separation... The damage was not as bad as it looked, and North Trail RV in Ft. Myers did a good job replacing the right rear side of the banana wrap. While the old Bunkhouse was down for the count, I thought it was time for some upgrades to get us ready for a month long trip we are leaving for this Friday.

So I started spending money.... New LT tires, Bridgestone Duravis R250 tires mounted on new Sendel S20 aluminum rims (I have a pair on my truck at 75,000 miles still going strong), New Anderson weight distribution hitch, and new Bulldog coupler since the old Atwood coupler was not comparable with the Anderson Hitch.

I had the tires drop shipped to North Trail RV, which they put on with the other repairs. The hitch and new coupler were sent to my in-laws house in Ft. Myers. We arrived into town last week and found a local welder who cut the old Atwood coupler off and installed the new Bulldog, we then added the new Anderson hitch and adjusted her all up. After about 100 miles of towing, the hitch really improved the harsh ride of our Dodge 3500 Cab and Chassis tow vehicle. The tires are a little tight but clear with room to spare. They are clearly more robust (less twisting during turns) and seems to be the perfect match. I will be adding new Axels from Andy at inland RV next year, which should give us some more clearance. The truck had some AC compressor issues (fan clutch failed and killed the AC) but this is to be expected on well loved vehicles (I buy new and keep my stuff forever).

We are all set for our adventure, which like I said we depart for this Friday!!! My wife will be keeping our Blog updated if you care to follow, Leaving The Rut (shameless plug for the Blog).
When I was a kid my dad had the tongue on his Avion replaced with a bulldog. All trailers should come with these, super safe and there is no way they are coming off.

Also wanted to second your experience with the Bridgestone Duravits. I have not had them on a trailer but have had two sets on a 3/4 ton suburban and they wore fantastic. 75k miles easy and wore very consistent.
SafariSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #729
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSS View Post
When I was a kid my dad had the tongue on his Avion replaced with a bulldog. All trailers should come with these, super safe and there is no way they are coming off.

Also wanted to second your experience with the Bridgestone Duravits. I have not had them on a trailer but have had two sets on a 3/4 ton suburban and they wore fantastic. 75k miles easy and wore very consistent.

Funny, I did not realize the bulldog hitch was such an old design until the welder told me he had been putting these on trailers for over 30 years. I guess there is no need to improve something that works so well.... The nice thing is that there is no in between with the thing, it is on an never coming off, or if it won't close... Period... I agree, they should come with all trailers!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #730
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
We are 1 hour out from Disney's Ft. Wilderness. Anyone going to be here this week? We would love to meet up!
-Ashley
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #731
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TavnAsh View Post
We are 1 hour out from Disney's Ft. Wilderness. Anyone going to be here this week? We would love to meet up!
-Ashley

I won't - but wish it were so! Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #732
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I won't - but wish it were so! Have fun!!

We will!! The "bunkhouse with young kids" owners club needs to schedule a rally!
-Ashley
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #733
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Hey I'm all about that! We would need really good notice though -

Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #734
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Hey I'm all about that! We would need really good notice though -

Ditto, we have to fly from Puerto Rico these days...
Late spring 2015ish?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #735
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Sounds good! We live up north, but like to travel south. Disney isn't our favorite, although fort wilderness is great. I'm planning to do a rally at cedar point next year when the kids are out of school.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #736
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Well - early spring like March or April for a 3 or 4 day weekend is a maybe - I'll need to look at my leave and other plans - that time of year is nice for the panhandle I know

Or if later summer go to the mountains - Georgia - NC - TN or VA

If late summer mountains type trip in say August or September I would swing maybe a week and call it a vacation rally combo - I have 1 week at tybee island planned for late June (20th-27th) already with my family and sister - so leave gets complicated

Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #737
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
By he way last weekend we slept 3 adults and 4 kids comfy - my sister and her two daughters (8 and 11) stayed with us for a 3 day weekend in VA

Lovin the bunkhouse

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1409621903.077785.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	672.4 KB
ID:	220547

Old 09-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #738
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
We are officially the proud owners of a new 2015 FC 30' bunkhouse! Took delivery on Friday and spent the whole weekend making it ours...

Old 09-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #739
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
We are officially the proud owners of a new 2015 FC 30' bunkhouse! Took delivery on Friday and spent the whole weekend making it ours...

Great! Hope you enjoy to the fullest!!

Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #740
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Joplin , Missouri
Safari 30' bunkhouse owners club!

How was everyone Labor Day weekend? We camped Fri,Sat,Sun, And stayed till 5pm on Monday at Roaring River State Park near Cassville, Mo. Set a new record for people in our 2005 Bunkhouse. Had 14 people in it. Lol good times. Had a little water coming down the wall. Thinking it was from the vent hood exhaust. Had pretty heavy rain and wind. Anyone else ever has issues with that area? Had our roof re-sealed 2-3 years ago.