RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Draper , Utah
Questions for 2005/2006 Bunkhouse owners RE: Purchase

CONSIDERING 2006 BUNKHOUSE
Purchased by owner of a RV dealership. He fixed it up inside with new ultra leather, satelite dome, etc. Went through thorough inspection at AS dealer and all issues, if any were addressed. I was told that he wanted to be able to stay that he had owned an Airstream and had traveled in one as well.

Are there any issues that you guys/gals have found in relation to this model year? Most of the models that I have seen from this year have had some leaking issues, etc.
Anything I should be asking?
BTW only 1 A/C unit in this 30 ft.

Thanks!
ShullsinUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I recall some folks with 30 footers that made it with one AC (btw 15k btu?) but they always had awnings all the way around

Assuming hot summer camping anyway will be something that will happen

Most will discuss the necessity (or at least big benefit) of 2 AC units - perk of 1 AC unit is that you keep another skylight I believe which is cool

What seemed likely in hotter camping conditions is that with 1 AC unit you can cool one part of the trailer and the other end suffers a bit per my discussion with folks on here and with Ron from foley who camped at the gulf this summer in a 28' FC with one AC and it did "ok" but with this caveat of being a bit too warm in bedroom and he could not close the shade

Can add another AC for something around 2k as I recall as I discussed that question in here - so worst case add it if it doesn't work out

If camping in hot sun summer conditions in a 30 with only one awning and one AC I would doubt that it would cool well enough

Not sure of your climate and needs/wants - could just avoid the scorching heat anyway as many do not enjoy such camping conditions anyway...

Good luck - hopefully experienced AS folks will give you some more direction

Hope that unit works out for you! Pics or a link?

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
We have a 2005 Bunkhouse with a single awning and single AC unit. Our first trip in 2007 was to South Padre Island, no shade tree sites. Since that time, we have spent many Southern summer days enjoying our Airstream. We have found that the single AC unit did adequately cool our space with some added assistance of area fans in the sleeping areas. We also strive to keep humidity down by exhausting when cooking or showering.

2017 25' Safari FB - “Fly Fish Inn
2010 F250 Lariat
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Draper , Utah
Here is the one I am looking at.
Don't hold back. Let me hear it.
Current Inventory - Desert Autoplex | Pre-owned Dealer | Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona
ShullsinUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Spring , Texas
Hello all, I've been lurking a long time and just joined to ask a question about an '05 31' Safari bunk model with just one A/C.

Does this trailer typically have a 30A main, or 50A service, as is common in later years?

If it currently has 50A, adding the extra A/C Is much simpler, and makes me less hesitant to consider an older trailer.

The other possibility is a '69 vintage, but I'm a bit shy of the water intrusion issues likely in this age of a trailer.

Thanks for your responses,

-Matt
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Matt, Our 2005 Bunkhouse with a single AC has a 30A electrical service.

FishByFly
because I catch fish on a fly...

2005 30' Safari Bunkhouse
2010 F250 Lariat

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

2017 25' Safari FB - “Fly Fish Inn
2010 F250 Lariat
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama