Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Just upgraded to a 2005 Safari 25 ss !!

We purchased our 2003 Bambi (our first travel trailer) last December and have really had a great time with it. It was a little cramped for us so we decided to take a look at the 25' Safari's at our local dealership. We were very pleased to see that the dealership had just received a 2005 Safari ss and it was just what we were looking for. So in a moment of weakness (or was it inspiration?) we decided to go for it!! We pick it up Thursday and I am really excited! I can't say enough how useful these forums have been in answering my questions often times before I ask them. I hope to see you all on the road soon...
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEO
We purchased our 2003 Bambi (our first travel trailer) last December and have really had a great time with it. It was a little cramped for us so we decided to take a look at the 25' Safari's at our local dealership. We were very pleased to see that the dealership had just received a 2005 Safari ss and it was just what we were looking for. So in a moment of weakness (or was it inspiration?) we decided to go for it!! We pick it up Thursday and I am really excited! I can't say enough how useful these forums have been in answering my questions often times before I ask them. I hope to see you all on the road soon...
We purchased our 2003 Bambi last August and have been throwing the idea around of upgrading also!! I'm going to make sure my husband reads this thread and maybe we can get moving on this idea!!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Upgrading

I upgraded last fall from a 22' International to a 25' Classic. Best move I have ever made. The Classic is comfortable for long periods on the road (I'm off for a month on the road tomorrow) where the 22' quickly became cramped with 2 adults and 2 cats.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Seacoast , New England
Congratulations!

You just purchased my dream trailer-

Was over at "gagetat"'s a couple of weeks ago, he had just got his 2004 Safari SS and I just plain fell in love! (with the traler that is....) Unfortunately, because of a shortage of $$ and the fact that we already have 2 Airstreams , I don't think my dreams will come true for awhile.....

I know you will enjoy your new trailer for many years to come...

Barb
Barbara Peerenboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You're gonna love it! We did the same thing with our 2003 Bambi to our 2004 Safari that was built to order in December of 2003.

Please post your findings on the overall quality of the unit here when you get it.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...highlight=2005

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEO
So in a moment of weakness (or was it inspiration?) we decided to go for it!! We pick it up Thursday and I am really excited!
I too gave in to a "moment of weakness". My moment came at the RV show. I sat down in the 30' Classic SO and never wanted to say "goodbye". Actually took me about 3 hours to leave it. But was back the next day to buy it.

Well now it's all "Hello, Baby, hello!"

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Ditto for us also. We had an 02 Bambi & took it for an extended trip to the "hills & hollars" of WV last Fall. It was kind of a trial trip for hopefully, things to come. We found that it was just a bit to tight for extended travel, however we really liked the towing & parking part. This Spring we went to the RV show & we found the "Titan One". Just couldn't leave it alone. It's a 25 Twin, with the upgrade package. We went for the folding table, rather than the table & booths, as we like the extra room with the table folded down. We have found a few things, however the overall fit & finish appears to be a lot better than the 02. You may want to watch your dead bolt lock. Ours is not working, as it also wasn't on the 02. It is possible to get locked in & not be able to unlock to get out. Something like that " Help, I've fallen & can't get up".
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:04 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Congradulations DEO!!!

Welcome to the 25ft club. We made our purchase this year in April with the 25ft SS and just love the floor plan. Made our maiden voyage to Washington, DC (800 miles round trip) and had a great time. Did you purchase your TT at Marty's USRV in Ma? That's where we purchased ours, after going to the RV show in Boston this year?

Good luck and congrats again. Hope to see you and (Barbara Peerenboom/NH) this year at the Region 1 Rally.

Cheers,
Gail

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Our first RV and our first Airstream, was and is our '85 25' Sovereign. We have never been tempted to change. As John noted, it is large enough to use on extended trips, yet easy to handle. Of course, there are only the two of us, which is always a factor.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
just out of curiosity ....

... what the heck kind of depreciation are you guys eating when you trade from a 2003 anything to a 2004 anything?

and i'm not trying to pry into your financial statements, just wondering. and blanching at the thought.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Depreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
... what the heck kind of depreciation are you guys eating when you trade from a 2003 anything to a 2004 anything?

and i'm not trying to pry into your financial statements, just wondering. and blanching at the thought.
It's called "Don't Ask Depreciation"!
yocomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
let"s just say ---you're not hungry for quite awhile, either that or you're to sick to eat, or no money for food.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
That's why it's called "a moment of weakness" !!!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:10 PM   #14
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
We actually got what we paid for our Bambi...almost to the penny! We owned it for almost 11 months. It was almost like using it for a year for darn near free. Outside of the 2003 misc QC issues, I went to great lengths to keep it in above average shape. Whomever bought it, once the QC issues were fixed got a very nice coach.

The only real hit we took were the int payments, then again, I wrote them off on our taxes as a second home since the Bambi qualified via the financing and fit the criteria for a second home and got a nice fat refund check in the mail last week!

To me it was a win/win. Not always the case though...had we waited another year or two, we might have taken $2k or $3k hit. The iron is hot right now, so even the vintage units are keeping some good value lately, let alone used newer units.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:43 AM   #15
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Wow! I didn't look at the forum since yesterday afternoon. Great to see that someone set up a 2005 Safari group, thank you. To answer some of the questions I saw above...

- Depriciation was not that bad on the trade-in, yes it cost me some, but it was an amount I can live with.

- It looks like there are a few others on the forum who are in the New England area! I live in Norwood and have thought about trying out the local WBCI local It would be fun to meet some people who are active in the forum.

- I will be sure to keep you posted after we pick up our unit Thursday as to quality / features etc. So far we were very impressed with the quality of the unit. It's amazing how fast you learn what you want/need such as, larger black and grey water tanks etc....
Old 05-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Wow! I didn't look at the forum since yesterday afternoon. Great to see that someone set up a 2005 Safari group, thank you.
Your Welcome!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:31 AM   #17
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Picked Up our 2005' Safari ss yesteday!!

Well we traded in the Bambi and picked up the Safari yesterday. It's fantastic! I don't know if it is a change in quality between the units or the model years but this new unit's cabinets seem much more solid than the Bambi. I also like the new spring loaded hinges on the overhead cabinets. For the most part the unit was delivered in perfect condition, there was just a missing towel bar in the bath which they are going to send to us. Other than that I will have to get it out on a trip to get a full shake down. (I will post to the quality thread once I have more) It's interesting how quickly you come up to speed as to what is important. When we purchased the Bambi in December we were just trying to understand all that goes into using the trailer. In this review we truly knew what to check out to assure everything was in working order. All in all, It was easy to tow, even without having put my Reese anti sway hitch on it which I will do very soon. I guess my biggest problem now is getting a reservation at a campground in Mass/RI or Vermont this weekend. Any suggestions ??
Old 05-28-2004, 08:33 AM   #18
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Where in MA are you?

planning on checking out the wally club?
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #19
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
I live about 15 mi west of Boston. We joined the WBCI (not tied to a local) and hope to get to the homecomming rally next year. Unfortunately we just couldn't fit it into our personal schedule this year. It looks like it would be fun. I have been receiving info from the local group and may switch to local for next year or even try to get to a local rally. But that little annoyance called "work" keeps getting in the way of all the fun out there.......
Old 05-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Stop please Stop - I'm drooling!!!!

We have not spent long enough in our little 21 footer but I know when it comes time for us to travel more extensively my dream unit is also the 25 - something or other.

For those reading this thread thinking about it and are willing to travel to get your dream - just found the Safari - Island Queen up for grabs - I think it was the one that was in that lottery I posted a while back. 2004 - 25 $55K Canadian - a real bargain for you guys south of the border - if you can swallow your gas prices for the pick up.

I know this should be in the for sale thread but I thought it was fitting for here to.

Anyone want to lend me the cash - or how about a straight trade for our 69 GT in imaculate condition - how many can say that about a 69

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details....gory=504&CAT=5

You will also see a few long ones up for sale too. Note these are located in various areas of Ontario

Congrats to all who got new ones on this thread! Still a long time yet for us - but this is about the range we just dropped on our gorgeous waterfront property - pretty hard toss up and comparison
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Spare Tire »