RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Cool Feed Bambi too much....

Feed the Bambi too much and what do you get? A new 28' 06 Safari LS!!!

The AS dealer in Arkansas is AWSOME!!!! I cannot say enough, but that will be in a different post...

AWSOME Dealer experience, madien trip to Memphis over the 4th (Graceland and Beale Street) and back home today!!!

Must say that thus far, it does seem to be a better build quality thus far. The only issues that I have found are as follows:
  1. loose fitting on supply line to toilet, caused a minor puddle (Fixed myself at dealer the first night)
  2. loose fitting on drain pipe from sing, cause small puddle in cabnet (Fixed myself)
  3. Fridge (on gas or electric both) does not get "cold" as I would like. I have moved the sensor on the metal fin "up" and set the setting to "6", being coldest, and my thermometer only reads to 45ish the coldest it gets. (Not fixed yet, need to take to dealer or have someone chime in on what to look for or adjust)
Otherwise, I great rig thus far!! Only difficult part was learning to back this thing into my storage spot!!

Pics to follow shortly....
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
How much did your dealer give you for your Bambi?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
_

. , .
bambi grows up into a safari......can you say dak tari?

congrats on the new tube....

i agree airstream of arkansas is a fantasitic dealership. honest, friendly and great prices....with lots of trailers on the lot or on order, to choose from.

these folks know how to take care of their customers too.

did gene give you a copy of his first country western recording....now playing on the local radio stations?

can't wait to see the pics.

as for trade it price.....keep in mind when buying a new one with a trade, it's the net difference that matters more than the price of either.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit
Fridge (on gas or electric both) does not get "cold" as I would like. I have moved the sensor on the metal fin "up" and set the setting to "6", being coldest, and my thermometer only reads to 45ish the coldest it gets. (Not fixed yet, need to take to dealer or have someone chime in on what to look for or adjust)...
Make sure the fridge door is fully closed, and the gasket makes good contact all the way around. If you never had to do this before, take a sheet of newspaper, and place it between the door and the frame of the fridge. Close the door, and try to pull out the newspaper. If it comes out easily, you need to adjust your door, if not, the gasket is doing its job.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
How much did your dealer give you for your Bambi?
Westfalia,

As 2airishuman has stated, it is isn't how much you get for the trade, but what the net difference is between the "old" vs "new" unit.

As far as what I got, using the latest NADA book as reference (latest version has 2005 model pricing) I recieved more that wholesale for my Bambi, against a significanly less than list price for the 06 Safari.

Also to keep in mind is what I orginally paid for the Bambi too, but I did also pay signifiacatly less than List. Target at least 15% off list. more if it is a new 05 that they are trying to get rid of since 06 models are here and on the way.

It was a great deal, too good to pass up. I wan't even planning to get this unit that weekend, I actually came in to look at their '94 360 classic DP....
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote