Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
G&H is in Bellflower, Ca.

On the A/S website they list dealers and Service only centers. I can't help but think a service only place would be eager to do your warranty work. It's how they make their living after all.
Actually it is C & G Trailer Service and their phone number is 800-662-3790 or 562-634-6286 at 9241 Sonrisa St, Bellflower ask for Rod or Darlene email cgtrailer@aol.com.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Actually it is C & G Trailer Service and their phone number is 800-662-3790 or 562-634-6286 at 9241 Sonrisa St, Bellflower ask for Rod or Darlene email cgtrailer@aol.com.

Bill
OOOPS!
Thanks Bill for catching my brain fade and correcting it.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 AM   #43
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stop's

At 9pm 9 Oct 06 while traveling east on I-10 just out side of Los Cruces, NM. I got cought in a HAIL storm. Damage unknown at this time since it is still dark.
I have seen 4 Airstreams since leaving OR. on 18 Sept 06. Only one winked and one was in a RV park in Yucca Valley, CA. She was a Bambi owned by a nice young lady from WA.

I have talked too the ins co and will meet with them when I get home in about two weeks.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #44
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Don - that rots! You've had more than your fair share of trouble.
Whats next.....locusts?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Hey!

I'll buy a salvage trailer cheap from you! Just kidding (actually, IF I had the money.....)

Seriously, take care! You must be having some fun, right?
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Exorcism!

Call a priest, have an exorcism done on your unit! I sent you Karma, I call on all forum members to send you GOOD Karma. You deserve it.

May your luck change, may you win a lottery, may you find a great mechanic to support you!

You are one tough Marine.

Paula
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #47
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stop's

At midnight I arrived at my dealers. At 7 AM the repairs begain, first a new water pump, which Airstream won't warrenty because one of there dealers S-----d it up and cetified too them that I was aware that they put a nickle & dime water pump in my $60,000 Airstream ( Sutton wouldn't LIE) but customers do. Airstream assured me that George Sutton would call be, (My phone still hasn't rang, just like the last 6 weeks, so will call Airstream tomorrow and ask again who's LIEING, not george.
New Paralux installed under warrenty. Paralux even sent it too my dealer without my serial # since I was on the road and my dealer couldn't get it untill I arrived. That does't sound like a company that is hard too deal with as I was told by other Airstream dealers.
The hail damage look's miner, but my dealer will wash trailer and do written estimate in the morning.
Truck has no visible damage but will take it too the car wash in the morning.
I will head home late tommorow and switch trailer.
As for one tough Marine, I have no choose and since they have give me a short time too live, somethings just don't matter. Thanks for the Karma.
Yes as my dealer will tell you I have been laughing all day and enjoyed rattling Airstream's gage.
The only thing that gets under my skin is I paid $2200.00 for the extended warrenty on this trailer.

Don
Old 10-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #48
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stops

Monday morning I head for Jackson Center for hail damage estimate and "hopefully repair".
Formost says $7,000.00 and Airstream says $16,000.00 - 24,000.00.
Chris at Airstream say's he thinks that he can get Formost rep in his area too close the gap.

Anyone else going too be at the factor in the next two too three weeks?

Don
Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's quite a large repair bill. Any chance you could post a picture that shows what that extent of damage looks like? Sounds like quite the gap between insurance and AS, did they break it down to materials and labor costs? The neighborhood of $24,000 would be close to 1/3-1/2 the total cost of the AS! Will they give you a concrete estimate and come in within a certain percentage of that one number, or can they charge anywhere from one estimate to the other?

I think thecatsandi (Michelle) will be getting there in November to have her 2006 31' fixed after her accident outside of Yellowstone last week.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Dog named Lucky or Bad luck kid

Hi, Don. Sorry to hear about all of your miss fortunes. My mom always said all bad things happen for a good reason. When the good things start happening, let us know. I bought my trailer from George Sutton and have done very well. A part on my trailer failed and George sent to my house a new part so I could install it myself as requested. This year while on vacation, I had a few problems appear while in Oregon. George had his men on it right now. I personally only have nice things to say about Sutton RV. I work at a Ford dealer and sometimes a mechanic will do less than parr job; Do we like it? No, but should we close the dealership because one mechanic made a stupid mistake? No. Life goes on. And so will you. I also live very close to C&G Trailer repair. They don't sell Airstreams, but do a great job repairing them. Looks like mother nature attacked you too. Could this be payback for something you did in your past?

Bob
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #51
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
and the fun never stops

The estimate at Airstream came out at $22,000.00 and Formost came up too $13,000.00 and the ball is back in Formost court. As for now, I am not involved.
I never ask for George Sutton too close his door's, just talk too me and pay for repairs!!!!!!! My phone still hasn't rang!
As for bad things I have done in my life, I have no regreats.
Other defects being repaired while I am doing laundry. (hole in floor, floor bolts with the heads ground off?, water leak in front window, trim that was never installed, dead bolt, water fill cap not tight).

Don

PS: 22 degree's last night, time too go south.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #52
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stops

Formost came up and the repairs start tomorrow!
Today they did the repairs (in previous post) and returned the trailer too my spot in the camp ground. Fast and neat!!
Tommorow I check into the Days End for the two week repair period. It will be my first night out of an Airstream since 25 May 2005. Not sure I will be comfortible but no way to get it repaired while I'm in it.

Don
Old 11-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
We got the 7 yr parts and labor warranty with our new A/S. And our Dealer is only 4 miles away. Hopefully we won't have to use it much. But in the past 10 yrs of trailering I've replaced one water pump and it was pretty simple. It's hard to figure how a dealership service dept could mess that up, unless it was done by a rookie. However, that's exactly why I change my own oil in the truck instead of taking to Jiffy Lube type places...rookies. Sometimes it's the simplest things that get botched by the most unskilled people. JMHO
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #54
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stop's

Well I'm on my second week at the factory. The new skin is on, but we are on day three of water leaks!! Not one of the leaks are from the new skin! We have found two that I didn't even know about. At $80.00 per hour, I will be broke when I leave hear.
I will be going from here too Elkhart IN. too buy high back recliners too replace the dinet. The chairs are $350.00 in Elkhart and $1300.00 at Airstream.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #55
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stops

Well they got the last leak stopped today.
Now the interior is going back in and if no hitch's I will be able too movein friday and they will just pull it in too work on it.
Should be out of here by Wed of next week.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #56
_

. , .
hi gunny...

hows the weather?

did the leaks all stop or is it frozen?

did they buck rivet everything, and how did the insulation look...any mold?

are you changing the interior at all?

regards
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #57
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc
Well they got the last leak stopped today.
Now the interior is going back in and if no hitch's I will be able too movein friday and they will just pull it in too work on it.
Should be out of here by Wed of next week.
Hey Don,
Take pictures of the Dinet mod. Hiback recliners sound interesting.

Safe drive,
Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #58
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stops

Hi 2air

Buck rivet's all the way.
Insulation looked good, what little I got too see. They did not open the side's and only part of the ends. They just cut back the inner skin enough too buck the rivets and then put a new inner skin over the old inner skin.
I am pulling the dinet and replacing it with two recliners and a smaller table.
I will post pictures when it is done. I will be going too Elkhart, IN. too buy the recliners when I leave here. Flexsteel $1300.00 here and $900.00 in Elkhart!!!
Tried too get the table built here, but they wanted $739.00. They built the table for another FB that was here from scratch and charged him $600.00, so I thought they would charge me less since they now had the paterns, but NO. Will build at Ken's Cabinets.
I am also having the 2007 shower front and door installed Monday, since the old front is buckling from water. ($500.00) Also replaced bathroom lights with the same lights in the rest of the unit. Also replacing the flooring with vinyl plank.
When I pulled the old flooring, I found that some of the bolt holding the sub floor too the frame had been ground off? so I had them add extra bolts. They couldn't figure why they were ground off but thought they would hold.
I also added two 110 outlets, one next too the TV and one under the cough for the satilite box.
I will be cutting the front wall in the bathroom so I can upgrade the toilet.
I have corion counters being made for the bathroom and kitchen, just have too make up my mind on color.
Busy winter!!!!!!!
The weather is COLD with off and on rain. NOT my kind of weather.

Don

If anyone want's my Argosy, I will deal, need money.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #59
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
And the fun never stops

I just got back from Louisville, KY. Went up too the Machine Gun Shoot!! Should have given them my FB for a target.
First the cooling fin's in the frig dropped off, and then the front and back window's leaked ( it was raining when I left Austin and rained all the way too Louisville) then the thermastate desided that it would only come up too temp once and then you have too turn it off and back on!!!!!!! Damn bad at night when it drop's too 30.
So I'm back in Austin for a week and then too my dealer on the 20th, which is when the parts are due!
If all goes well then I will be hauling a_ _ too Portland, OR for my doctor's appointment on 10May........
I am sorry that I didn't post photo's of the recliners for those that ask, so I will switch computers and try too post recliners and new counter tops.
Oh I forgot that the counter under the kitchen sink is buckling from unknown source, I would say one of my water leaks, but Airstream says water can't damage wood!!
Other than that, I sold the Argosy and the owner is a nice guy and will take good care of her.

Don
PS If I can't post the photo's, I will send them Jant and ask her too post them. I'm not a computer wize!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Take that trailer to Mexico for a vacation. After the "theft" let your insurance Co. get you a different one.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote