RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #61
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You can also see the tour here :

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...r/tour_01.html

Factory tours start at 2pm eastern time.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #62

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
We are only about 100 miles from Jackson Center, and we are thinking about going through the plant tour prior to buying or ordering a new trailer. Is it possible to view various models of finished units during or after this tour?
That's a good question. While we could look at the various models under construction, we were only afforded the ability to walk through one finished trailer which was parked outside the plant. If that is a make or break decision regarding your visit, I would call the Service Center and see what will be available for you to look at in the finished trailer line.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
There was only one finished trailer around when we visited. I imagine they get them on the road to the dealers ASAP.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #64
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
We caught a few at the end of the line that were mostly complete, I'd say about 99% if not 100%.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 02-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Pros of Walk-Thru Bath

1. The room! Close the two doors and you have a large amount of room to change, take a shower, use sink, etc. in private.

2. It is great having two solid doors to close between bedroom and living area. This really isolates the bedroom from noise from kitchen and living area if someone goest to sleep earlier then others. Also nice for sleeping when someone is using sofabed.

3. More room and "open feeling" in front of sofa.

4. Credenza is perfect for holding my 22" LCD TV and surround sound system plus has a bar. Roof cabinet is nice too.

Cons

I agree with Twink:

1. Ordors are less confined but fantastic fans take care of it pretty qiuck.

2. Less circulation of AC if doors have to be closed. This is my biggest gripe but doors aren't closed much.

3. Larger wardrobe closet.

Overall, I would choose the walk-thru bath again. I love all the space and room and it is bright due to sunroof.
My wife and I both prefer the split bath on our 30' as well, and the lesser wardrobe space was not an issue for us at all last summer -- we easily packed 4 months of clothes for summer and fall for the 2 of us, with our grandson for 2 weeks also.

However, I have a question on the 30' versus 31' shower. I just saw a 2005 31' Classic at the Tampa show and noticed that the outside of the shower beneath the shower door was fiberglass all the way to the floor, compared to the shower in our 2004 30' Classic that has a wood veneer beneath the shower door.

Does anyone know if the 2005 30' shower is fiberglass like the 31'?

Since there is almost no way to get in and out of the shower without getting some water on the floor, having fiberglass vs wood on the outside beneath the door is a BIG advantage in my opinion.

John
Old 02-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Hey, just thought I'd point out that while the Safari Special Edition is not mentioned on Airstream.com, if your click on "Virtual Tour" for a 25' Safari, they do show the interior of the Special Edition model. That is one fine looking trailer! I think if we were going to get a new one, this one would be at the top of the list.

As an interesting side note, Airstream.com lists another new 25' Safari model, the "Safari 25' FB" or "Front Bedroom" model. They have a floor plan, specs, and pricing posted for this model. It looks interesting, door near the rear, rear dinette, front queen bed (or twins), split bath, even manage to get a goucho in there. Looks like a little more counter space then either the 25W or the 25SS. Is this the first "rear door" Airstream ever (other than the two door models)? I do know there were a few rear door Argosy's in the 70's, however.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Return of the Gaucho

Something new is goin' on. Yes, I just saw that 25' today. I'm wondering about the Safari with front and rear Gauchos & no conventional beds.... maybe it's NOT a mistake. Guess we'll all have to keep our eyes on airstream.com for the next few days.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #68
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Newbie's wife here, with a question...what is a gaucho? Other than knowing it is a cowboy, I don't have a clue how it would pertain to an Airstream.
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #69
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It actually is a couch. I never understood why they call it a "goucho"...maybe because it turns into a bed, I don't know, but it's basically a couch and in an RV, more times than not they also convert into beds.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #70
1 Rivet Member

New Safari Floorplans

If you are looking for the new Safari Special Edition and the new Front Bedroom plan, the dealer in San Antonio has both in stock. www.alamocityrvcenter.com.
These are terrific new plans..check them out.
John1 is offline   Reply With Quote