Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

There are two things that I like about the one I saw over the International CCD. Instead of the L-shaped couch, there is a fold out table. The other is the very nice aluminum venetian blinds that allows a lot more flexibility than the window shades in the International. Also, with the light interior it looks more open. As a dog owner, I DO like the dinette on the International better. My only gripe is the upholstered dinette.
ricksre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #22
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Neat model

I was at the dealer yesterday and they had just received a Safari Special. This is the first non/Classic, non-International Airstream that I could fall in love with. I could never accept the standard Safari windows and I would sure miss the wraparound front window if I couldn't have it.

The Safari styled cabinets and the less avant-garde upholstry make it a comfortable feeling trailer. IMHO, the Safari cabinets are a lot more practical than the CCD cabinets.

The one they had had the black.orange upholstry. Doesn't sound nearly as good as it looks. The office ladies were so impressed that they led me to it to make sure I saw it.

This is an indication that Airstream is listening to their customers. I'll bet that this will be a big seller. Only downside is the price which is a lot more than I paid for my 2003 Classic.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #23
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by khollister
When/where is the Florida rally? I'm new to this "traveling beer can" stuff, so I'm not up on the community yet.

Keith

Keith,

The Florida State Rally is an annual rally held in Sarasota in Feb..

FLORIDA STATE RALLY
SARASOTA, FLORIDA
Remembering the Fifties - That’s what you will find at this year’s Sarasota Rally. That was the time when we were finally recovering from World War 2, had families to raise, houses to buy, a career path to choose, and, for the most part, a time of happiness. Happiness now is a computer class in E-Bay, relaxation with Tai Chi, and sewing projects for fun - not necessity. Don’t miss out, come join the fun.
START: 02/23/2005 END: 02/27/200

If you need a really sign up sheet, let me know, I can get you one.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:19 AM   #24

Cunundrum= A new tow vehicle or an upgrade to a Safari Special Edition. Really nice.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:01 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2003 33' Land Yacht 33
Fort Myers , Florida
What was the list price of the Safari Special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
I was at the dealer yesterday and they had just received a Safari Special.

This is an indication that Airstream is listening to their customers. I'll bet that this will be a big seller. Only downside is the price which is a lot more than I paid for my 2003 Classic.
Just wondering what was the list price of the Safari Special that you were lucky enough to see in person?
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #26
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I've got a few emails out to see if the Safari Special Edition also comes in other sizes, say...28'.

Anyone know for sure. If not, I'll post what I find.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
The list price on my 25 SS was just under $52K. However that included the $3000 full A/V package, a Sirius radio (~$200), spare tire, skylight & few other things I've forgotten. As I recall the "Safari with International upgrade" was about $6000, so that leaves about $1000 of misc options relative to the base price on a reg Safari 25 SS of $42K. Not clear if there are any constraints on bundling of options (i.e. do you have to get the full A/V option?).

Based on the option list, the windows (minus skylight), interior metal, mini-blinds, accent lighting, cast tailights & dual fabric awnings are all bundled in the "International upgrade". Everything else are existing Safari options.

I should note that every single Safari I saw on the lot did not have carpet except in the Queen or Twin bedroom. Whether the dealer orders them without the carpet by the sofa or whether Airstream has changed the default I can't say. I prefer no carpet anywhere for maintenance reasons myself.
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Nice unit!!! Really beautiful.

As far as fearing scratches on the alu, fear not! Nearly forty nights out last year with three dogs (including a Jack Russell) and not a scratch to be seen anywhere on our 22' CCD's interior (except a couple tiny ones from the factory - on the ceiling above the bed of all places). Everything looks as good as new - we are meticulous about such things.

Enjoy! Hope to see you out our way!

X
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well, I just got the info back....

The only coach that is a Special Edition is currently the 25' unit. Dealer just told me thats about it for 2005 model year.

Bummer.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

I received a very nice reply from the factory with a MSRP order list. They said new models will be introduced depending on response to this one.
By adding the International package, and the upgrade the MSRP is about $2000 less than the CCD model.
ricksre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksre
I received a very nice reply from the factory with a MSRP order list. They said new models will be introduced depending on response to this one.
By adding the International package, and the upgrade the MSRP is about $2000 less than the CCD model.
I think they'll sell a good number of these, so I suppose I'll sit tight and see what happens....
Old 01-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #32
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Damn you, Airstream...

Anyone wanna buy my Eurovan and 19' CCD?

That Safari is a beauty.....so many ????? So little time....

Jonathan
Old 01-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #33
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Hello,

I was able to take some additional photos today. Hope you all enjoy.

2005 Airstream Safari 25' Special Edition Photos
Colonial Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Jonathan!!!

How the heck are you??? Glad to see your alive.

I'm almost in the same boat. I would love to see the SE in a 28 foot model.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
You are to be commended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream
Hello,

I was able to take some additional photos today. Hope you all enjoy.

2005 Airstream Safari 25' Special Edition Photos
Thanks for so many nice photos. I like my 22' CCD, but this ain't bad! Colonial is to be commended for promoting the new model immediately.

And a hearty bi-labial fricative (raspberry) to Thor Airstream. You can't sell what you don't advertise fellas. Let's all send an e-mail to Airstream and tell them to update their website and feature this new model option!

You can't sell
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM   #36
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
Thanks for so many nice photos. I like my 22' CCD, but this ain't bad! Colonial is to be commended for promoting the new model immediately.

And a hearty bi-labial fricative (raspberry) to Thor Airstream. You can't sell what you don't advertise fellas. Let's all send an e-mail to Airstream and tell them to update their website and feature this new model option!

You can't sell
You know, though that's a fine idea, we all know that the factory folks read this site. It's been posted before that they read this forum.......

They know. They also know I'm hangin on for 28' version.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #37
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Hi Tedd.

It's been a while. I was fine until I saw this Safari thing.

Eric:

Can I borrow your Caprice to tow this thing????

I can tell this will be a Thor....n in my bottom for a while.

Hope you are all well.

Jonathan
Old 01-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sure..if you don't mind sliding all over....those pesky "Z" rated tires don't get too much traction in the snow, even though they have a M+S rating....damn thing gets stuck in the driveway sometimes this time of year.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Angry

KHollister,

Your list was 52k, would you mind sharing what discount you were able to negotiate on this model? My DW has fallen in love with the Safari 25SS, and I need to figure out what that may cost....
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:20 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
I thought I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I purchased it for $44.2K (inc tag of $100 + $200 admin fees) plus tax. The dealer was Bates RV in the Tampa area. Their initial offer was 10% off list, I offered 17%, they came back with 15% and I said OK :-). Since I wasn't sure how "limited" this edition was at the time, I wasn't willing to walk on it over $1K. They obtained very competative financing also. I also didn't have a lot of other options locally for Airstream other than a several hour drive to south FL or the panhandle. Bates was very nice to deal with in spite of a few comments I ran across during research. Low pressure, no games, seemed to do what they said they would. No experience yet with the service dept other than prep. Given that they uncovered a problem with the toilet and replaced it prior to me getting there, they seem ahead of some of the dealers I hear horror stories about.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

We are planning on being at the FL state rally this month (will not arrive until Fri AM), so if anyone is going to be there come on by. Don't have a space number yet (registered late), but look for the trailer, a silver Dodge 3500 DRW TV and a red Golden Retriever :-)

Keith
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote