Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Looking forward to seeing some pictures!!!!

Steve
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Rally pics

Hope this does not burn too much space
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rally 1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	54109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rally 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	54110  

Name:	Rally 3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	54111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rally 4.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	54112  

Name:	Rally 6.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	54113  
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
a few more

Nice weather too
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rally 7.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	54114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rally 8.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	54115  

Name:	Rally 9.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	54116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rally 10.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	54117  

Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Me too!

Forgot mine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rally 5.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	54119  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Wow,

You Texans must have plenty of time for polishing! What a sight to see. Just beautiful.

Steve
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #26
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
What a great time! There were vintage trailers from nine states and the provence of Alberta, Canada in attendance. 84 total units signed up for the rally, but a few were unable to attend for various reasons at the last minute. I never knew exactly what the final count was. The oldest trailer was a wonderfully restored '52 Flying Cloud.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Keller , Texas
Wow ... sorry I missed it! We had previous plans to tow the trailer up to Beaver's Bend in OK for some trout fishing with a few other families, or else we would have been there to take it all in.

We'll make the next one, for sure ... looks like I'd better get out the buffer beforehand, though.
phoenix491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1963 19' Globetrotter
Graham , Texas
Love the pics

Hated that we could not make the trip. Missed seeing our friends. I know that it was a wonderful time. Love seeing the pictures.
hantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Just to reinforce what others have already said, this 2008 rally was more fun than a barrel of rivets. Just walking around all the newer trailers was fun - seeing what others had done to personalize them. Quite a few very informative seminars. And last - but by no means least - all the beautifully restored vintage trailers. Sure gets your Aluminitus going!!

To top it all off - GStephens & his beautiful wife Ella Faye organized some friends and put on a surprise birthday party for me!! We were all having a great time when somebody noticed that our ring of chairs was centered by a cast iron sewer line cap!! And no, I'm NOT sharing the buffalo burgers or fancy chocolates (that are almost gone by now anyway). Thanks to all.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #30
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I attended a rally evaluation meeting on Sunday morning before leaving the rally for home. I'd had so much fun I really hated to leave. At the meeting, Pat McDowell, the Region 9 representative to the VAC agreed to spearhead the rally for next year. To this point, the Texas State Vintage Rally has been a joint effort of the Texas Highland Lakes and North Texas Units. For this rally to be truly a State Rally, Pat is hopeful of gaining at least cursory participation from a few more of the other Texas units and is wanting greater participation from the vintage exhibitors, whether WBCCI members or not, at next year's rally both in the planning and execution of the rally. I am certain that he will be looking to this year's attendees for both ideas and help in making next year's rally even bigger and better, if that is possible. He will need our input.

Pat wants to set up a small group of rally directors with whom he can bounce off ideas and he will need help in chairing such things as setting up next year's seminars, tracking registrations and special needs of attendees, getting rooms ready for seminars, selection of next year's rally site, someone to handle media and publicity, someone to select judges and all the other things that go into holding a successful Vintage Rally. He is hoping to get more input before making those decisions. His most pressing need is that he wants to nail down a rally site and date by March 1st, if I remember correctly.

This rally has so many positive things going for it. It is one of the only times each year that established WBCCI units and non-members, those with newer trailers and those with vintage trailers come together harmoniously to hold and enjoy an event such as this. The sponsoring units have done a great job and will continue to support this rally in every way possible, but now that it is on its feet and running well, it is probably time to offer leadership opportunities to others outside of those two units in order to make this rally truly all that it can become. At least that was the general feeling that permeated the evaluation meeting I attended.

I've told Pat that I'll serve in most any capacity that he deems necessary. If anyone else reading this would like to help out in whatever capacity, either post to this thread or send a private message to me and I will forward your information, ideas or interest to Pat.

GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #31
Burton Blakey's

1962 24' Tradewind
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Burton , Texas
This was a great rally and we also didn't want to go home. It was great to visit with so many people with similar (vintage) interests and also to see so much public interest shown. We have both also indicated to Pat that we will help wherever necessary to insure that we have another great rally next year. Thanks for the great pics -- we haven't even downloaded ours yet.
Tx Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #32
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Thanks for the Photos and Positive Feedback

We are just emerging from the fog of the dreaded flu that got several of us at the end of the Vintage Rally. Unfortunately it caused several folks to cancel coming to the rally at all. It was indeed our best rally so far and we do appreciate your positive comments and creative suggestions to improve the program for future vintage events. Any future rallies will definitely need the combined efforts of many people and talents to continue in our success.
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote