Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #601
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Pictures!

Of course if you have pictures, we would love to see them!!
We are looking forward to meeting you! See you on Saturday!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #602
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
We won't be coming to Findley SP this weekend; Frank wanted to go to the auto swap meet in Canfield, OH this weekend. We're hoping to join up with all of you another weekend soon.

Since we couldn't go camping this weekend, we went Tuesday thru Thursday to Shawnee SP down by Portsmouth, which is, of course, on the Ohio River. The campground was only about 1/4 filled, so we had a very enjoyable, quiet camping experience. The park itself is very lovely, quiet, picturesque, and there were quite a few people fishing. We checked the campground out for site preference for another weekend trip, however, I think the next time out we'll probably visit another SP just to check them out.

Hoping you all are enjoying the weekend, and pleased to see that the weather forecast has improved!

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #603
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
weather

Sorry you will miss this camp. The weather is beautiful and the campfire is wonderful. Had a great panini dinner round the fire. As always too much food.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #604
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Just got back from Findlay SP--Thank you all for sharing the campfire and stories! We enjoyed ourselves immensely and, of course, I am finding it even MORE difficult to wait for the trailer to finally get HOME from its "tweaks."

Soon--we'll be able to set up nearby y'all! Happy camping for the rest of the weekend; you sure have a beautiful site and all the A/S were a beautiful sight!
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #605
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
great get-together

We had a great weekend. Weather was gorgeous. Camping friends were wonderful. Relaxing time was super. And we made some new friends and we will be excited to see the "new" Airstream when Airseneca gets it back! Looking forward to doing this again soon!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #606
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
If the weather stays clear, we are thinking about another weekend out this weekend to either Findley s.p., Portage Lakes s.p., or Punderson S.p. Anyone interested in joining us?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #607
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We're booked up this weekend with putting the boat in a the lake, so no camping this weekend for us.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #608
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
If the weather stays clear, we are thinking about another weekend out this weekend to either Findley s.p., Portage Lakes s.p., or Punderson S.p. Anyone interested in joining us?
Punderson is a bit far for us, but either of the other two would prompt a campfire visit from us again.....assuming we're still cool with y'all. I could use a little help from the group A/S mind on refining a worksheet I'm doing for the first visits to the scale. I've got all the figures (I think) but I'd love to have other eyes go over it.
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #609
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley SP

Larry and I decided that Findley SP was nice and quiet last weekend, so we are going again this weekend. We will be camped in 175, which is where we were last time.
Airseneca, you are welcome to join us whenever you can. I think Larry is pretty good with the scale info. Maybe he can help with your questions.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #610
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Yep, we have settled on Findley as well so long as allergies stay at bay!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #611
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We are all set for this weekend on site 200 at Findley State Park!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #612
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
menu

We are on 175 again. Larry has the firewood packed up and the hotdog forks. We are thinking a simple roast beef crockpot style for Fri. and a "picnic" for Sat. Larry will crank up the campfire and we can roast hotdogs etc. I have potato salad. Grab your hotdog forks and join us.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #613
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Since this is Mother's Day weekend, we won't be able to join in. Also, we became Grandparents this week, sort of, so, we'll definitely be doing family things this weekend. (Daughter/sil fostering-to-adopt was placed with a baby this week! Yeah!!)

Happy camping and please think of us!

Deb
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #614
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
settled in

Just in time for the rain to come. Nothing like raindrops on the rooftop. Din er in the crockpot all done. Waiting for Mikey to be off work.
Picnic tomorrow!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #615
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Thinking about camping somewhere near lake farm park the weekend of June 8 & 9. Punderson maybe an option. Need to be fairly close to lake farm park since we will be participating in their working dogs weekend and helping with the demonstration of dock diving. Anyone be interested in joining us for the camping part?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #616
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
We had a relaxing weekend at Buck Creek SP, even with a few misty days it was a fun trip to the Springfield Extravaganza, and the park was much nicer than expected. To Deb , who had asked about the camping spots; they were very nice. Most spots were not crammed in , the trees seemed much larger after getting their foliage , so it had some nice shady spots, the shower house was nice and clean, there was water available and a dump station. The park was a real gem! Fantastic for biking, fishing , swimming, hiking, birding etc. We will be going back again!!!!!!!!!! Besides the Extravaganza we never made it up town to the other sites. Hope to next time.
ceebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #617
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Buck Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeth View Post
We had a relaxing weekend at Buck Creek SP, even with a few misty days it was a fun trip to the Springfield Extravaganza, and the park was much nicer than expected. To Deb , who had asked about the camping spots; they were very nice. Most spots were not crammed in , the trees seemed much larger after getting their foliage , so it had some nice shady spots, the shower house was nice and clean, there was water available and a dump station. The park was a real gem! Fantastic for biking, fishing , swimming, hiking, birding etc. We will be going back again!!!!!!!!!! Besides the Extravaganza we never made it up town to the other sites. Hope to next time.
They had upgraded this park a few years ago and we haven't been there in awhile. Sounds like you had a great time. We want to go back there too. Thanks for the info.
We had a great time with our Canadian visitors who were driveway camping. Jean and Al were here so that Jean could do the CLE Marathon Half Walk. She did a wonderful job! We had a potluck at our backyard on Sat. and saw Al, Shinim, Mike, Loren, Dan and Dawn. We had great weather and a nice campfire in the backyard. Good times! Now I am off to get ready for Alumapalooza 4! Hope to see lots of you there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #618
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Ceebeth, thanks for the update on Buck Creek; we're trying to go around to different state parks to see what they're like. We also had planned last winter to drive to as many as we could to check them out to see if we wanted to go camping there, that is, the ones that would allow us in to drive through. We only made it to a couple, but I guess that's a couple more than we knew about before.

I don't really know what's in store for us with regard to camping this summer. My Dad's health -- I don't really want to say it, but it seems to be getting a little worse (didn't want to say "deteriorating", that sounds too harsh). He fell last Friday, wouldn't allow me to take him anywhere to get checked out, so by Monday he was in pain; I took him to Urgent Care and they said no broken bones but bone contusions. I see other changes in him as well.

I think our camping this year will be really last minute planning/decision making and will need to have someone stay here with him in our absense -- Dad's 96yrs. now.

Deb
Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #619
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
A few of us are heading to Indiana June 20-23 and staying at the KOA South Bend/ Elkhart North in Granger, IN. Anyone who would like to join us, you are more than welcome!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #620
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
Thanks for the invite. We're in the Hudson River Valley at the moment, then heading to THE RALLY at Syracuse, New York. We did stay at the Penn Woods RV Park near Clarion for an overnight - $20/full hook-ups and really nice "homey" feel to the campground. Would recommend if you are traveling along I-80.....Have fun in IN!
NeverInn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, rally