Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Lou and Larry - got a new one eh? That must be so exciting - it was only a year ago that we were going through it - not only new, but the first one! We've just returned home from our first week end out! We thought we'd found a really nice place according to the review on the internet. We made a reservation and headed for the Chillicothe area looking forward to this new, not yet discovered campground. What we found was a campground that all the guide books had kicked out! Poor folks had purchased it, in terribe run-down condition, sight unseen. They came from Wyoming and are trying to build it up. In ten years, with a mighty infusion of cash, they might reach up to the category of PRIMITIVE. It was not what we were looking for. Fortunately we found a Good Sam campground within five miles and they had space - so relaxing, so quiet and so nice to be back on the road.

I think the idea of this thread is great! The weekend coming up is not good for us as we have commitments each day of the weekend.

We do plan to be at Dillon on May 15-16 on lot #16. Then we're going to Delaware State Park for the holiday - 21 May thru 25 May on lot #133.

We have the weekend of June 18 - 21 available for 'streaming but we don't yet have a plan or a place in mind.

July 9 - 12 we plan to be in Lebanon - we're trying to decide which CG - the one right in town or the one out towards Wilmington. Any suggestions from anyone? That's also the weekend we'll celebrate Becky's brithday.

July 31 - Aug 2, or so, we were thinking about Maumee Bay and then Aug. 13 - 16 we're looking at Amish Country - wondering which CG to visit.

Sept. 17 we'll leave for our vacation - visiting northern Indiana -Shipshewana, Elkhart, etc...and then across Illinois to SW Wisconsin, visiting Galena, IL and many sites in Wisconsin. Then we plan to go south through Iowa ending in Springfield, IL and visiting the many Lincoln shrines before returning to SE Ohio. We expect it to take us ten to twelve days.

And finally, October 9 to Oct. 16 we'll visit Cherry Hill CG just north of Washington DC. We'll try to get caught up with the sites in DC. Not many other free weekends-between Becky's work at the museum, which often takes weekend days.

We'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see what's going on during those free week
ends and we'll be happy to join you. Looking forward to it - and so anxious to see Lou and Larry's new toy.

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER 'STREAMING!!
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #22
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Smile may8,9,10

Julie and I have reserved site b74 at Indian Lake State Park for Mothers Day weekend. If anyone would like to join us...feel free....we don't bite!
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Pokagon State Park May 15-17

We would invite any one who wants to come and hang out at this GREAT state park in Angola Indiana (north east corner of the state). We are going to roll in on Friday the 15 of may before dinner and stay through checkout Sunday. This will be our Shakedown run for the year and will expect NO surmises! We camp with a group of great SOB's that are very aware of our Alumititus.(some of them have it too!) I checked the State park reservation system today and there are still spots available so come on lets get together and have a great time, I am sure that my girls would love to play/Meet new friends as they are 8 & 2 and know no strangers when it comes to the campgrounds! Mike
PS: I almost forgot we will be on sites #350 with friends on #348 & #346 and If I can get away with it I will have the Flamingo Flying! (Erin doesent always agree)
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Well, I guess I am different - I have my Airstream parked at Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne Florida - really like the place. I spend the winter there, as well as 3 or 4 trips down there during the year. I drive my car back and forth. Works for me. Thanks.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
This is just a bit over a month away....might be worth considering. It is open to anyone, even SOBs.

This will be the 7th year we've done it.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-48113.html
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
I'm in. We didn't camp at all last summer

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx View Post
I'm in. We didn't camp at all last summer

Steve
Hi Steve, We hope to see you this summer. And which campground are you in on?? And which state will you be in? LOL!!!
This thread has drastically gone off task....LOL!!!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
2 Airstreams will be at Mohican this weekend

We booked the sites at Mohican State Park for this weekend. We'll be checking in on May 1st and checking out on May 3rd. We are on site 84 and loudruff is on site 83.

Yeah, we get to see their new camper

I know that the next site over, which is 85, is still available. Anyone else want to join us?
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Site 85 is now taken...it will be an SOB, but the owner is an ex-coworker of mine so it was an intentional site choice.

Looks to be a bit cool, but that just makes the fire all the more inviting.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
In reviewing the latest forecast from the weather Liars. We have decided to PASS on the weekend at Mohican . Trailer is not ready,I have not had time to get it ready. This is my busy time of the yr . Shop is still full and more comming everyday.
Im sure someone will come up with another date in a couple of weeks.
Sorry we have to PASS. I have looked at the park online and it looked very nice.
Hope we will see you all down the road.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
sorry

We are sorry that you and MaryLou are not going to be joining us. So much for retired, eh??? We sympathize. See you down the road.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hi Lou
It don't look promising weather wise. The rain will give me a chance to catch up. Seems its human nature to wait till the lawnmower either breaks or will not run and the grass needed to be cut last week. If its raining I usually see no one.
I think this was the week last yr that we came out for the first time. If you remember it was cold and windy and rainy. But then when we went to Springfield two weeks later is was really nice. So maybe in two weeks the weather will change so we can be comfortable around a campfire.
Really miss you guy's and sorry we will have to miss meeting new friends also.
Thanks for the invite.Be safe and most of all Have fun.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
We Can Tow It

If I remember right, we were at the Women's "We Can Tow It" about this time last year, down at Grand Lake St. Mary's. That was a good rally but it was a bit nippy outside. Hope you get caught up, Roger.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

Well , We visited the Rally at Mohican last night and despite the rain a good time was had around the campfire for supper before the rains came again.
The weather does not look promising for the weekend coming up we have decide to do Fri, Sat, Sun. at Findley state park. That's the 8-9-10 of May.
Will arrive Friday and have the fire going , have not picked sites yet will post that soon.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

just reserved site 180 for Fri.and Sat. Night it looks like the best chance for leaving the truck hooked up so Shinim can tow home Sunday
S/OS #010
Old 05-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Al
Depending on the forecast. We will make an effort to be with you on that weekend. All work and no play is beginning to get on my last nerve.
Let's see how it goes.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley SP May 8,9,10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdair View Post
just reserved site 180 for Fri.and Sat. Night it looks like the best chance for leaving the truck hooked up so Shinim can tow home Sunday
OK!!!! Sounds like a plan for us to join you too. We have signed up for site#179 for Fri. and Sat. too. We hope that some more of you can make it. Findley is a nice park and it is close to home for us. Our daughter, Loren, graduates on Sat. morning, so we will be gone Sat. a.m. but will be back to join the fun in the afternoon.
Al, why don't you post this on the rally calendar? Quick!
Roger and Mary Lou, Hope you can get that AS out of town now too.
We had a wet campout on Fri. at Mohican, but Sat. and Sun were both beautiful days. Jason and Andrea and kids, plus their friends were there. We had a really great campfire on Sat. night!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Well Lou
Looks like the weather liars were wrong again.Although it was a wet start look's like it turned out great. We got the lawn here( dandilion Crop) mowed on Saturday afternoon after the showers or should I say between Showers.Got both property's that I cut finished also today. I pulled the roller over ours on Saturday, so maybe the next time over I will be able to sit in the seat of the Old JD.
I will look at the weather prognosticators long range forecast and hope we get a good one. The shop is lookin better also I'm down to 1 or 2 units, of course I haven't gotten a look at what got broken over the weekend yet.
Stay tuned will try and juggle things so we can attend.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

Chocolate cheese cake with strawberries will be served Sat. night
S/OS #010
Old 05-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
potluck?

So are we doing a potluck? Looks like there will be two units so far.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally