Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #281
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
I'll look into that...thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #282
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I'm feeling a void. I have no camping trips on calendar until the TAC Birthday Bash at the end of June. I'm considering a TAC / Scotty rally is PA in mid May, but I'd really like to do an Ohio thing.

We're still booked this coming weekend with non-camping stuff (anniversary, yeah!) but after that I'm open until June 4-6. We're not going to Alumapalooza :-( but instead to a wedding in IN. Then nothing until the BB.

So, fellow Ohioans and anyone else interested in venturing into the Buckeye state...what works for you? We can call it TAC, and AirForum rally, NOVA, whatever. Let's just get some aluminum together and camp.

I'm not attached to it, but I'll throw it out there: Cardinal Campground (just north of Columbus along I-71) weekend of May 14-16. I think they have some full hookup sites, but I really like the elec & water only sites back in the "800 loop". It's very secluded, no highway noise, in the trees, and if we could all get on the cultisac at the end then we could all be in a circle (there's about 10 sites back there if they are available). I haven't called the CG about anything...maybe they are already booked. Don't know.

What everyone else's thoughts? Later? Different place? Let's hear it.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #283
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
camping OH

Larry and I are booked this weekend. And the weekend after is the Cleveland Marathon. Big Al and Jean will be down from Canada so that Jean can do the marathon.They will be driveway camping with us.
Alumapalooza the first weekend of June is the next campout we have planned. Anything in the middle would be good.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #284
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
May 20-23 is the Tin Can Tourist Rally at Camp Dearborn, north of Detriot. I have never been before, but it sounds like a hoot!
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:59 AM   #285
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
May 20-23 is the Tin Can Tourist Rally at Camp Dearborn, north of Detriot. I have never been before, but it sounds like a hoot!
Yeah, I was looking at that one. But I decided against it since I'm already going to be camping in the Detroit area twice already this year.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #286
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We are booked for the Tin Can Tourist Rally in Michigan. Have tried to sched. at least one campout for each month. Would like to do Cardinal Campground (never been there) but need to do some work around home before we take off to the great north.

Kathy
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #287
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
wandering (formerly Texans) in Ohio

we are headed to friends in Barnesville, Ohio...Belmont county...they raise Texas Longhorn cattle on 5000 acres there...we are going to sort of home base there for a while before we head out again and wander in Ohio, Mich, Wisc and Minn...we would love to meet some streamers in Ohio and camp somewhere in your beautiful state.....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #288
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
what dates?

We live about 25 mi. sw of Cleveland and offer courtesy parking w. full hookups. We are within easy driving distance from Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the Art, Science, History museums of Cleveland, also the Women's Space Museum. And we are about 14 mi. from Lake Erie. We are close to interstate 71, 480 and the OH turnpike. You are welcome to come. If we aren't here you can still stay as our daughter (Airbiscuit) is just across the street and will be pleased to see you too.When someone comes to driveway camp we can usually throw a backyard cookout and pull in a few of our AS friends from OH too. There are several from this neck of the woods that lurk here on the forums.

Our next big rally in OH is the Alumapalooza during the first week of June. (It is on the calendar here at airforums.) We will be in JC for that.
We look forward to meeting you.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #289
Islander

great offer

As our plans are set in Jello, we are not sure of any date...we will stay in Barnesville , i feel thru the first week of June...and then????

I think I want to see the R&R Hall of Fame....I really enjoyed the recent concert that was on HBO...it was a great fest of music....

thanks...we will head that way sometime and will stay in touch...thanks

Omaha, Ark...looking south
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	101834  
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #290
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
camping OH

I have sent you a PM with all of our particulars in it. Let us know when you head out in our direction and we can plan a little driveway rally and some things to do in the area. We look forward to getting to meet you.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #291
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
we are headed to friends in Barnesville, Ohio...Belmont county...they raise Texas Longhorn cattle on 5000 acres there...we are going to sort of home base there for a while before we head out again and wander in Ohio, Mich, Wisc and Minn...we would love to meet some streamers in Ohio and camp somewhere in your beautiful state.....

sounds like you need to set up a mini Ohio boondocking rally there! I think we'd only occupy 1/2 an acre of those 5000. But, keep us out of the active longhorn pasture. Last thing I need a horn coming through the side of my AS!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #292
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We live about 25 mi. sw of Cleveland and offer courtesy parking w. full hookups. We are within easy driving distance from Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the Art, Science, History museums of Cleveland, also the Women's Space Museum. And we are about 14 mi. from Lake Erie. We are close to interstate 71, 480 and the OH turnpike. You are welcome to come. If we aren't here you can still stay as our daughter (Airbiscuit) is just across the street and will be pleased to see you too.When someone comes to driveway camp we can usually throw a backyard cookout and pull in a few of our AS friends from OH too. There are several from this neck of the woods that lurk here on the forums.
You know, maybe that's a decent idea, too. If there's only a couple of us that can get together, then perhaps we all just come to your place and park for the weekend. I've never been to the rock & roll hall of fame, but I'm not sure that's the best thing to do with the kids. I hear there's a kids' museum in Cleveland, though.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #293
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
You know, maybe that's a decent idea, too. If there's only a couple of us that can get together, then perhaps we all just come to your place and park for the weekend. I've never been to the rock & roll hall of fame, but I'm not sure that's the best thing to do with the kids. I hear there's a kids' museum in Cleveland, though.
Jason and Andrea,
As soon as we have dates for kingfisher24 we can let everyone know. It would be fun to have some backyard camping!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #294
Islander

sounds like fun!!!!!

we will be in Barnsville , most likely, thru the end of the first week in June....we plan some sort of great feast for memorial day...I'm the chef and we burn some meat in the great american tradition...once the plans are final i will let you guys know and possibly you would want to come tour the longhorn cattle operation.......

after that we will resume our travels and head toward cleveland...
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #295
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Lots of things to see here in OHIO, such as the Airstream Factory,with its almost daily tours,Muesum of the United States AirForce, John Glen's muesum at Wapaconeta ,R&R Muesum ,Lots and Lots of things here .We have great State Parks.Please enjoy your stay here in our State.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #296
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
barnesville, OH

Barnesville, OH is close to a beautiful state park called Salt Fork. The park is beautiful but last year they were over run with skunk population. So it was into the trailer by dusk when the little buggers come out. We spent a week there last summer and used that spot as home base. We spent our days sight seeing in that area. Great glassworks are at Cambridge where we visited and toured 3 of the factories. We saw several museums including the Hop Along Cassidy museum.The Zane Grey Museum/National Road Museum is in the area. Flint Ridge and the Indian flint outcropping where they made arrow heads etc. is nearby. The Warther carving museum is at Dover and close to where you are. We had fun seeing the beautiful things that the family has carved. You are in the heart of cheese country and the Amish farms too. If you get at chance be sure to go and see Lehman's Hardware at Kidron (further north and on your way toward our little town). It is awesome! Has lots of items that are old fashioned and that you can't find anywhere else. That area of OH is rich in Ohio historical sights.Have fun!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #297
Islander

Longhorn Hideway

We have been to Barnesville twice for short visits and have only scratched the surface of the area...but are growing to love it...so much we are considering buying some property there...Our dear friends, lifelong Texas Longhorn cattle raisers have been there since 1992 and prior in the foothills of the rockies..have a beautiful spread of some 5000 acres where they raise these beautiful animals and ship them worldwide. they are developing an area of their ranch and sell 5 to 10 acre tracts and we are considering purchasing for a summer home base...

we can't wait to get there.....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Cleveland Marathon/driveway camping

Many of you know that Big Al and Jean come down from Canada for a visit during the Marathon weekend...this weekend! Jean does an awesome job of the walk which will be Sunday morning. We are thinking of a Sunday evening potluck in the backyard. All are welcome to come and join us this weekend for a driveway camp....or come for the potluck on Sunday if you are so inclined. We will be glad to see you!!!! Let us know if you are planning to join us. Larry is planning burgers and hotdogs for the grill.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #299
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
bump

This weekend is the Marathon. We are driveway camping and having a backyard potluck. Hope you can come.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #300
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
anyone??

Is anyone camping this weekend?? It is going to be a rainy week here. Turns out that we have this coming weekend..May 21-23 free..no obligations at home. What is everyone doing???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally