Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #261
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Fall Colors Rally

We are going to try and work the Fall Colors Rally at Penn Wood into our schedule. It is the beginning weekend of Oct. I believe. Congratulations to Tim! That is an awesome GPA. Way to go!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #262
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
I just wanted to pop in and say "hello" and let you all know that I am still subscribed to this thread. I started working three weeks ago and am stressed out to the max and already dreamin of streamin. I can't wait until the weather is good enough for me to head out! I am not able to commit to rallies too far in the distance as I do work occasional weekends and need to wait to see my schedule.

Here's hoping that we have seen the last of the snow and that Spring is right around the corner.
wannaroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #263
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hi Loreen

We are glad you popped in! Hope you will get to join us at one of the rallies.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #264
4 Rivet Member

Still watching this thread. Trying to do NovaFest , Dogwoods and Blue Grass , and Metro Detroit. don't know what else I could try to squeeze in but we will always try.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #265
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Fall Colors Rally

You and Shinim should try to make the Oct. Penn Wood Rally. Beautiful park and nice folks.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #266
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdair View Post
Still watching this thread. Trying to do NovaFest , Dogwoods and Blue Grass , and Metro Detroit. don't know what else I could try to squeeze in but we will always try.
I see from your signature that you've found time to visit your local Dodge dealer and pick up a new tow vehicle. Good choice. Although your old tow vehicle was still newer than my tow vehicle!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #267
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
pretty

Yes! They did! It is a beauty and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #268
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I still look at this thread from time to time to see what changes have occurred or who has visited it and posted.
We are hoping to attend the Dogwoods and Bluegrass Rally,which I am told Terry has nuffin to do with either of those two things. We are all paid up so all I need now is some decent weather. We will not be going to JC the end of the month.
Hope to see you all there.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #269
2 Rivet Member

Hey-we are doing the Cardinal rally also. As a matter of fact, I think our spot is right beside yours Terry. How did that happen? LOL Yea, we are the small silver fish in an ocean of whales.
And we're going to PennWood too? What the hell? Are you following us or are we following you?
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #270
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Hey-we are doing the Cardinal rally also. As a matter of fact, I think our spot is right beside yours Terry. How did that happen? LOL Yea, we are the small silver fish in an ocean of whales.
And we're going to PennWood too? What the hell? Are you following us or are we following you?
Gee folks I'd rather avoid the politics of who is following who because it would turn into an insufferable discussion of Ford vs GM, and THEN the Dodge folks would jump in. Nope not going there. Even though Fords are better.

We are Sooo looking forward to getting out. Things at home are getting down right expensive. My car is in the shop (Not the Ford!) , Annie's car needed 4 tires, the vacuum burned up when Annie was using it, and the Dishwasher quit when Annie was using it. Hummm..... Pattern?? And to think I once thought kids would be less expensive as they got older.

Are you up to a shake down trip to Mohican in April? I'd like to get out before the 30th. - Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #271
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight View Post
Are you up to a shake down trip to Mohican in April? I'd like to get out before the 30th. - Terry
Mohican in April? I'd love to since it's just around the corner from us; but we've already got camping planned for 3 of the 5 weekends in April. I think I'm going to need the other two for work around the house. Nevertheless, keep us posted here. Never know...might be able to haul the AS down there.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #272
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
Mohican in April? I'd love to since it's just around the corner from us; but we've already got camping planned for 3 of the 5 weekends in April. I think I'm going to need the other two for work around the house. Nevertheless, keep us posted here. Never know...might be able to haul the AS down there.
If we make it to Mohican it will be a very low key outing.

Quiet nights around a camp fire with no planned agenda and no conversations concerning work. I for one am tired of endless meetings and overwhelming e-mail. Conversations about restoring Airstreams, old motorcycles, old tractors and testing eyelids for holes are welcome.

I'll keep you posted.
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 03-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #273
2 Rivet Member

Shake out

Like when dude. Maybe more towards the beginning of April. If we are going make some reservations. Full hook-up if possible-just to really shake out. Don't know if they are up and running like all that just yet.
BB
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #274
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Like when dude. Maybe more towards the beginning of April. If we are going make some reservations. Full hook-up if possible-just to really shake out. Don't know if they are up and running like all that just yet.
BB
Like I'm thinking... Smell the smoke? I've been dealing with low IQ consultants for the past two months and my brain is about to explode. They know less and want to charge more.

I agree with going for the early part of April. When would be best for you?
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 03-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #275
2 Rivet Member

Mohican

You choose, just let us know when. Either weekend should work for us.
BB
Old 03-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #276
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
So we decided to do a practice camp in the back yard this weekend...

Similar to last year's first hook-up, we found water coming from somewhere that we didn't expect. So, we stayed in the camper until the kids' bedtime and then went back into the house. Turns out, we have (had) a cracked housing on the pressure regulator. It was one of the older adjustable types. After a quick 'net search, it seems like the thing to do is to use one of the in-line non-adjustable ones. No problem...I already have one. So I headed to Home Depot on Saturday and got a bunch of fittings. Of course, the shark bite fitting that was to connect it all to the internal system didn't fit the freeze-expanded 1/2" copper. So, I am now at the position that I must remove a large portion of the plumbing in the rear of the AS and replace things once I get to pipe that I can get a shark-bite on to. After that, it's sharkbites and PEX. I did some other things to beautiful the AS and I see now that my newly built cabinetry needs safety latches (I had hoped that the friction alone would keep the drawer closed). But, the drawer slid open just in the trip from the back yard to the driveway.

Gotta be ready to go in less than 2 weeks...looks like I will be visiting Lowe's, Home Depot, and the local plumbing supply store many times in the coming days.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #277
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
fixed??

Jason, did you get all of that fixed? We were glad to see that you signed up for the Metro-Detroit rally. We hope to see some more of the Ohioans joining us up there. Tecumseh is just across the Ohio/Michigan line and not that far away.

This weekend (April 29th) Larry and I are headed to PA to camp with Patti and Marty who are "new" to the Airstream community. If anyone is interested in joining us we will be in the Grand Canyon of the East part of PA, almost in the middle of PA, I think. Haven't been there before so that should be fun.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Yeah, all is fixed. I'm already making a list of further renovations for next winter. We just got back on Wed. night from being on a 2 week camping / work trip to DC, Richmond VA, and Williamsburg VA. There's a couple minor issues to take care of with the AS, but nothing to prevent us from camping anytime soon. You guys had quite the round trip here recently too. I trust all went well.

We were planning on camping with weekend at the RV.net rally at Cardinal, but with being away for 2 weeks and not having seen family in quite some time, I think we're heading to the lake for next weekend. We celebrated Mason's 2nd birthday on the road and now everyone else wants their chance, too.

As of now, the next planned camping trip is the end of June. A family wedding in IN is on the same weekend as Alumapalooza. I'm sure we get away for a weekend somewhere between now and then though.

We met up with tlavergne at WDCU's CBR rally. He mentioned that us Ohioans / NOVA people should get together somewhere soon. Perhaps we can something loosely put together for that.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #279
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
J and A (and kids),
Glad you all got back safe and sound. Yep, we all (NOVA) ought to get together and camp some weekend and talk about future plans, etc.
Tom
Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #280
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Metro Detroit

Hey Tom,
You should join the rest of us at the MetroDetroit in Aug. if you can. There will be a bunch of Ohioans joining up with all the Michigan folks to have a great time!!!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally