Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Let us know

DanB and all of y'all! Let us know when and where you are headed and maybe we will be able to join you. I cleaned the AS and have it all sorted out from the last trip and re-packed and ready to go again.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #222
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Becky was so sad when we left Dillon that she continues to insist we go out again. This Friday was leave for New York to join a cruise up the Hudson River Valley for the next week. But, upon our return, we hope to get out at least one more time. No idea as to where that might be, however. We do plan to take the AS to JC yet this fall - I've talked with them about getting some warranty work done so we're on record of needing some minor repairs. As soon as we return from the Hudson River trip, we'll schedule that trip also.

With the cold wet weather we've been having, I'm hoping we'll have some decent fall weather for camping. It seems to be warming up nicely....hope it lasts. Happy 'streaming to all - perhaps we'll run into some of you yet this fall - if not, next summer we'll start all over again.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #223
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
We are considering visiting the University of Findlay on November 14. So, we might make a camping trip out of it.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #224
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
If

If anyone makes a plan to go somewhere, please post here if you want company. We are itching to get out and go some more before winterizing time.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #225
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Just noticed all you guys talking about winterizing. I'm worried. I have an appointment at Jackson Center on 2 November. What's the weather like? Will I be able to make it through two weeks of November in Ohio before we get back to tropical Texas?
TankerIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
unpredictable

While OH weather is unpredictable...especially this year, we usually don't get freezing weather until just before Thanksgiving. But we have already had a couple of freezes up here by Cleveland. I think you should be fine at JC. You can always empty it out and "dry" camp if you have to do so. We are hoping that we can stretch the season into November too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #227
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I wandered outside last night to "use the little bit of daylight left". After removing lug bolts from the front axle and running the AS up on ramps (back axle), I started planning for the work ahead by assessing bolts, attachments, etc. About 20 minutes later, I had the front axle laying on the ground. Man, that was easy. Given the rust on things, I never figured that things would come loose, I figured I'd be twisting off bolts. So tonight I checked the condition of the brakes (all is really good), removed the backing plates from the old axle, took some measurements and I'll be ordering two new axles from Axis on Monday. I sold the motorcycle last Tuesday, so I got money to burn on the AS now! The AS should be quite the camper next season...new axles, new (sorta) fridge, some new cabinets. If all goes well there will be a bunk bed mid-ship and an improved shower area in the bathroom.

I love my aluminum problem.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
(snip) I started planning for the work ahead by assessing bolts, attachments, etc. About 20 minutes later, I had the front axle laying on the ground. (snip)
You have to love it when things work easily - since they so infrequently do....

Good luck with all the projects....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #229
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Jason, it sounds like you are having good luck! Hope that lucky streak will continue. Keep up the good work. I am sure that your wife is looking forward to the major upgrades!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Jason
This is one up grade you will not be sorry you did. IT will be a little higher and trust me it will pull and handle better.Hope the weather holds for you to be able to finish this project before it get to cold.
Everyone thinks this a monumental task, I really don't know where that idea came from. Soak those bolts alittle with some PB Blaster,It will be a piece of cake. Can't wait to see the improvements.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #231
2 Rivet Member

Hi Lou and everyone
Hi Gary
We finally got our new computer today after 2 0r 3 months of not having one. YEAH. Lou-I have to thank you for occupying Katie at Dillon. I haven't been that sick forever. Thank God Bob was up to entertaining. What's really funny is Katie's perception of the weekend. She just saw it as her and I having movie days. A 9 year olds point of view. She is still talking about it. She just looks at it as her and I spending time together-just us.
Gary thanks for delivering sweets to the door. Sorry I wasn't at my best, but I was there-kind of. Hopefully we run into each other next year and we can meet your wife.
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #232
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Yay!!!

Bob and Jayne, Congratulations on the new computer and being back in the "new world". I have been waiting to hear that you were back online. I am glad that Katie had a great weekend. She is a cute kid. I hope that you are back to normal after being so sick. Our daughter, Loren, has the 'creeping crud' that is going around. Don't know if it is flu but she sounds horrible. Larry and I are trying to steer clear of it. We got the seasonal flu shots. Hope that works.
btw, I saw a great number of ASs on the Classifieds that looked like they fit your needs for a trailer with full time beds. Get shopping!!!! They are a few pages back by now. Been thinking of you!
We have not winterized yet. We are hoping for a little bout of Indian Summer. Ya' think??
ttyl
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Hi Lou and everyone
Hi Gary
We finally got our new computer today after 2 0r 3 months of not having one. YEAH. Lou-I have to thank you for occupying Katie at Dillon. I haven't been that sick forever. Thank God Bob was up to entertaining. What's really funny is Katie's perception of the weekend. She just saw it as her and I having movie days. A 9 year olds point of view. She is still talking about it. She just looks at it as her and I spending time together-just us.
Gary thanks for delivering sweets to the door. Sorry I wasn't at my best, but I was there-kind of. Hopefully we run into each other next year and we can meet your wife.

Glad to see you all back online. It was good to meet you both. We'll catch up next year. Dillon is a nice park - not sure how we've missed it all these years.

Thanks for keeping the campfire going and the coffee pot perking....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #234
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Who would'a thought that we'd have a weekend in Nov. that offers better camping weather than in August? Anyone go camping this weekend? We spent the majority of the weekend in our AS, but that was WORKING on the AS. The new cabinetry around the new fridge is started (partially stained), the bathroom mods have begun, the front rock protector is off for rebuild / repair. The new axles are made (from Axis) and should arrive in Mansfield sometime this week. I will have to pick them up at the terminal (saves over $100).

Anyone see the new headline on all airforums pages about the new groups / clubs capability / dedicated forum? We aren't an official club and we don't have a webpage but what does everyone think about creating a dedicated Ohio Airforums area here on the forums? We just put our AIR stickers on the AS and TV today!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #235
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
recovering

Larry and Loren and I are recovering from some kind of nasty virus or "bug" of some sort. We have been spending this last few days trying to catch up on chores like yardwork and winterizing. Wish we had felt like going camping. Maybe we will have some more nice weather and go dry camping or something.
I went to that part of the forums that is for groups and clubs. Looks like it is pretty much an archive of threads from the forums...at least the Midwest Air one. Do you think most people would think to look there? I think we reach quite a few folks right here on this part.
Sounds like you are making great progress on the AS. Can't wait to see the mods.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
campfire

Hey All,
Larry and I are going to go out and DRY camp at Findley State Park for this Fri. night. That would be Nov. 20th. Pit toilets are open, but don't know about showers.
We will arrive there and stake out a campsite on Fri. afternoon. Do you want to join us? We will have a big campfire. We are thinking dinner and then a campfire. Keeping it simple. Maybe a few of you will drive out and join us for a campfire???

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #237
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Don't think we can do the overnight thing, but we will be there for the campfire! I'll bring some wine to toast the great Airstreaming year we had!

www.campnova.com

Old 11-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #238
2 Rivet Member

Lou
Bob called and said Larry had called him about it. I think it all hinges on what time Bob finishes up on Friday. If he gets done early, we may be up for the fire also. Let you know more on Friday. Are you having a pot luck?
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #239
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
potluck

There will be at least 4-5 of us for a potluck, so far. Al and Shinim will be out. Loren is coming, I think. We are playing it by ear, as usual. We hope you can come, Jayne! Let us know how things are going. I think Bob has our cell phone number.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Dawn & I will be there for potluck. Probably bringing corn. (scalloped) and wine and wine

www.campnova.com

Tags
ohio, rally