Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #321
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedfred View Post
We recently reserved a serviced site at Guelph Lake Conservation Area for the weekend of the annual Hillside Festival held in July.
We're eagerly awaiting the opening of reservations for Kelso Beach Campground for the weekend of the Summerfolk Music and Crafts Festival held in August.
If we can squeeze them in, we'd love to attend the Mariposa Festival and Kingsville Music Festival.
I highly recommend all of them!

Mattedfred

Thanks for listing these festivals. I was not aware of any of them. It looks like they are all in southern Ontario, a very good place to attend a music festival in the summer.

Is there camping available onsite for all these festivals?

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:29 AM   #322
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Mattedfred

Thanks for listing these festivals. I was not aware of any of them. It looks like they are all in southern Ontario, a very good place to attend a music festival in the summer.

Is there camping available onsite for all these festivals?

Dan
Hillside has onsite camping. It's held in a Conservation Area.
Summerfolk camping is across the street and there's another Municipal Campground 5-10 minutes away.
Mariposa is onsite or there is a Provincial Park 10 minutes away.
Kingsville, there is a private RV park 10 minutes away.
Home County, in London, Ontario Canada is another great festival. There is a conservation area 20 minutes away.
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:15 AM   #323
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Schaumburg , Illinois
We are considering a trip to the GreyFox festival late July in oak hill ny, wondering if any fellow streamers can share first hand experience camping on-site at the festival ? Covid wiped out last couple years, so my internet searching isn’t producing much, have a few questions and my inquiry with festival folks has not produced a response yet. I am sure they are very busy with prep work since it is approaching 30 days out. Thanks in advance for any experiences that can be shared.
1). Can on site campers leave during the festival or are you “blocked in” once you enter the festival grounds ?
2). How loud/boisterous is the evening crowd ? Worried a little about quality sleep, we don’t mind late night social activity, and we really enjoy the impromptu jam sessions, but loud parties are a concern. Thinking I might want the QUIET zone ?
3). Many of the highlights I find show muddy grounds, and mostly tents. Our silver palaces are heavy, should I be worried about my 6500lbs on wet grounds (mainly thinking of exit day, when main paths are all fully abused)
4). We would be totally self-sufficient (no 30A, so no A/C), and I don’t want to run my genny all night, or be in a section where others will. How miserable can it get? Do evenings (in July) cool down nicely in that region?
1StreamDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 02:44 AM   #324
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Music Festivals and Airstreams

Saratoga Performing Arts Center ( SPAC, Ticket Master website ) in Saratoga NY, there is a NYS Campground 30 minutes away, many concerts through the summer. I recently attended one there. It’s very organized with expensive in door seating and moderate priced outdoor on the grass. Very Important to read the rules as what you can bring in with you, no backpacks, liquids, food is limited to a see through gallon bag of food but they were more liberal with the size. Plenty of food and drinks through vendors inside. These are my one night venues as far as I know. Lake George, Saratoga Race Track are nearby, Lake George about an hour north.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:59 AM   #325
Luminous

1983 27' Excella
Vesuvius , Virginia
For those of you who love Floydfest and Highland Haven Airstream Park: Floydfest is moving next year to a new and improved site near Check, VA, which is about a 15 minute drive from Highland Haven.
LY007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:49 PM   #326
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1StreamDream View Post
We are considering a trip to the GreyFox festival late July in oak hill ny, wondering if any fellow streamers can share first hand experience camping on-site at the festival ? Covid wiped out last couple years, so my internet searching isn’t producing much, have a few questions and my inquiry with festival folks has not produced a response yet. I am sure they are very busy with prep work since it is approaching 30 days out. Thanks in advance for any experiences that can be shared.
1). Can on site campers leave during the festival or are you “blocked in” once you enter the festival grounds ?
2). How loud/boisterous is the evening crowd ? Worried a little about quality sleep, we don’t mind late night social activity, and we really enjoy the impromptu jam sessions, but loud parties are a concern. Thinking I might want the QUIET zone ?
3). Many of the highlights I find show muddy grounds, and mostly tents. Our silver palaces are heavy, should I be worried about my 6500lbs on wet grounds (mainly thinking of exit day, when main paths are all fully abused)
4). We would be totally self-sufficient (no 30A, so no A/C), and I don’t want to run my genny all night, or be in a section where others will. How miserable can it get? Do evenings (in July) cool down nicely in that region?

I went to GreyFox festival about 5 years ago and tent camped as I was by myself. It is basically in a farmers field.

You are not blocked in so you can come and go during the day.

Noise from campers wasn’t a problem. Noise from generators may be a problem depending on how far you happen to be from a clueless owner with a loud construction generator. Keep your fingers crossed and look around for that construction generator.

Hope for good weather and maybe park so you are going downhill if it gets wet.

It was warm and dry when I went. I don’t remember much cooling off in the evening. However, sleeping wasn’t a problem.

Good luck and enjoy the festival.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:14 PM   #327
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I went to Merlefest this year (end of April) and it was a great festival. I camped at Bandits Roost COE park and this is a great place to camp as it is only about a 5 minute drive to the parking lot for the shuttle ride to the festival. Here are some photos.

DanClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9537.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	671.3 KB
ID:	417423Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9551.jpg
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	417424Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9557.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	548.0 KB
ID:	417425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9561.jpg
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	417426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9562.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	417427
Old 06-12-2022, 09:15 AM   #328
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
There is a write up from Bluegrass Today on the Grey Fox Music Festival.

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	417446
Old 06-12-2022, 09:25 AM   #329
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
We went to the Graves Mountain Music Festival last weekend in Virginia. It was a terrific festival with a wide variety of music.
We camped in a cow pasture which really worked well as we were pointed north to manage the sun, we were level with no neighbors initially. After a couple of days we had neighbors in the cow pasture. We will definitely attend next year.

Name:	IMG_9733.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	417447Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9753.jpg
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	417448Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9745.jpg
Size:	612.0 KB