Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Florida Airstreamers weekday camping vs. weekends

Would like to see a place for Florida Airstreamers to be able to post, similar to the Ohio Airstreamers, but for weekdays rather than weekends as cg are usually booked Friday and Sat. Posting camping destinations on shorter notice without planning a formal rally and its requirements. Reserveamerica makes it easy to see availability up to a couple days before deciding to go. Here in Central Florida many state, county, private parks to choose from and if you like boondocking we even have many places that are free but the first come basis might be a problem once snowbirds arrive.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Really - booked on weekends? Thankfully I didn't encounter that last year - but then again, I didn't stray too far from home. I'd like to consider camping ANY-DAY. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to get away during the week very often. But I'll check out any future posts to see what's up!
Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Really - booked on weekends? Thankfully I didn't encounter that last year - but then again, I didn't stray too far from home. I'd like to consider camping ANY-DAY. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to get away during the week very often. But I'll check out any future posts to see what's up!
Laura
Does everybody do long term planning or with the ease of hooking up can they just decide to go?
What percent of those camping are retired? We do have a higher percent of retirees than most of the north.
I do know our road congestion shows when the snowbirds are back.
My trip north showed cg's filled on weekends while empty on weekdays, verifying Reserveamerica's calendar.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
I love Airstreams...
Commercial Member

1989 29' Land Yacht
Haines City , Florida
Talking Sometimes.....

my wife will come home and say lets go camping...we can usually be onsite at the Orlando Thousand Trails in 2 hours...just in time for dinner on highway 192....one day...two days...just packup and go...we keep our essentials in a couple of rubbermaid tubs in the laundry room...throw in some skivvies and get going...

Ram 3500 DRW LB SuperCrew
PCS Professional Coach
AIR# 6366
leefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Does everybody do long term planning or with the ease of hooking up can they just decide to go?
What percent of those camping are retired? We do have a higher percent of retirees than most of the north.
I do know our road congestion shows when the snowbirds are back.
My trip north showed cg's filled on weekends while empty on weekdays, verifying Reserveamerica's calendar.
Both!!! We've been planning our Thanksgiving campout for a couple months now - but mostly because it includes coordinating several families who are not necessarily "campers". But if my weekend calendar is still open in a couple weeks, I'll take off for a local campground. It'll be a working weekend (i.e. fixing some stuff on the trailer) but I'd rather do it while at a river-side campground than in my driveway!!!

I haven't noticed any particular types of campers at the parks around here - seems like a good mix of age groups.

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote