Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Jax Beach , Florida
First timer Alumapalooza questions

We've had our 28 FC for about a year now, and are looking forward to going to Alumapalooza in September. We have a few questions:

Any thoughts on the factory sites vs. the Holloway sites?

Does the tank pumping service do grey tanks also, or do I need to either buy a blue boy or plan dump station visits during the festival to handle the grey water?

Our plans would likely be to show up on Tuesday, unless there are strong reasons to do Monday. Any thoughts?

Thanks for helping the noob on this!
gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
We did factory parking and early arrival. I was under the impression that the other lot was more of a overflow? Figured we would deal with the pump out when it happens and adjust grey tank usage as needed once we know pump out dates and plan.

It’s our first one as well. Looking forward to it!

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Given that we now are in the "new era" ( post this and post that ....) you might want to call and ask how it will be done this time around.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzvette61 View Post
We've had our 28 FC for about a year now, and are looking forward to going to Alumapalooza in September. We have a few questions:

Any thoughts on the factory sites vs. the Holloway sites?

Does the tank pumping service do grey tanks also, or do I need to either buy a blue boy or plan dump station visits during the festival to handle the grey water?

Our plans would likely be to show up on Tuesday, unless there are strong reasons to do Monday. Any thoughts?

We've stayed at both and you will not miss out if you're at Holloway. In fact, Holliway is the quieter of the two as the factory noises are all night long. They have shuttles running all the time so you will actually walk less if you are at Holloway!

I would not hook up to the electricity until you have tested the line with your surge protector. USE YOUR SURGE PROTECTOR! We plugged in and our aluminum shell was live! Fried a few components in my trailer (Airstream made it right) and fried 4 other trailers to the tune of thousands of dollars. My trailer only had $350 in damages. In fact, I would not hook up until you've talked to the neighbors! Each row is a circuit so knowing that someone in front or behind you is not an indication to the quality of the circuit. The electricity is run by volunteer factor workers. The guy that ran our circuit almost got it right. He also must have got into trouble.

The generator section is loud and you cannot run your generator all night long. It being September I don't think you will need air conditioning. Come a few days early and miss the staging and the lines to park. It will save you hours of waiting in line.

Do come! It is a lot of fun. Make sure you sign up for the chicken dinner (for charity)! We've forgotten to do this in the past and it is always sold out.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Jax Beach , Florida
Thanks for the responses. We went ahead and reserved a site at the factory with early arrival and the chicken dinner. Did the bourbon tasting as well! Looking forward to learning more about AS specific care and maintenance, and meeting fellow Airstreamers.
gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzvette61 View Post

The service includes both tanks. You get two pump-outs while you are there. They always seem to have two boys running the rig and they are very efficient and quick! Involves a vacuum truck that holds a lot of S--- and some very long hoses! We always tip the kids for doing such a remarkable job with such an objectionable task.

Notice the saying on the boy's teeshirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pumpout_res (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	398186  

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Los Angeles , California
Wow, I'm just signing up now and trying to figure out how I'm going to survive without 110 power #needhairdryer! LoL! The story about the power is daunting, any suggestions for a surge protector for 30 Amp? I have no idea how I am going to get from LA to Ohio but I am signing up! I am from Cleveland originally so looking forward to spending some quality time in my home state of Ohio. Hope to see you all there!
cinesilver is offline   Reply With Quote