Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #181
4 Rivet Member

Great Job done again by Ace and Frank. Planning for next year already.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #182
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
It only took 7 hours but I made it home. Thank you everyone for an incredible time.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #183
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
1964 26' Overlander
1954 29' Liner
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Thank you Frank and Ace for a GREAT time and what a fantastic time Sean and I had with both old and new friends! A special thank you to everyone for your hardy welcome to my friends Sara and Steven...they couldn't thank me enough for getting them to the Bash...wonderful time

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
57BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
We also made it home safely, and with all of the parts and pieces of our Airstream. A very special thanks to Ellie for spotting our rear hatch cover. Thanks so much for retrieving it and tracking us down through Frank and Ace and delaying your trip home while you waited for us to drive back and meet you.

I think it’s pretty amazing that we have developed such good friendships we even recognize the parts that fall off each other’s trailers. Thank you Ellie.

We also want to thank Frank and Ace and especially Beth and Lisa for making this pinnacle event happen for the fifth time. I heard them say that after 4 years, the planning is almost like “auto-pilot”. I think this is simply humble modesty. Planning started within a month of Bash 4 and continued all year with contracts and discussions and details. A simple post to the Bash 4 thread indicating the beginning of the Bash 5 thread started each of our planning and scheduling which pales by comparison to what these four have done for 12 months.

Thanks to everyone that did so many things that it’s hard for an old memory to mention them all.

Special thanks to AirstreamDad for “Jimmer’s Tiki Bar and Drive In Movies for Camp Chairs.” That took a lot of extra planning and effort and was greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim, well done.

The food was excellent. Unbelievable breakfasts of bacon, sausage, fruit, pancakes with Mark’s homemade maple syrup, eggs to order, and the list goes on and on. Doug’s pancake “plopper” and dedication to the griddle makes for excellent flapjacks, complete with fresh blueberries, if you please. Barbeque or burgers with potluck, where everyone brings out their best offerings. It almost feels like there should be a Bash Cookbook. The Happy Hour appetizers were out of this world, as well.

There were special gifts, to enjoy. Waking each morning to the sun rising over Cooper’s Lake, as the mist rolled and danced, stirring emotions and blending perfectly with the smell of bacon cooking. Many fish were caught and released, and a few frogs, too (mostly with the blue frog nets)… A short walk or quick bike ride to the swimming hole in the inappropriately named Muddy Creek was refreshing and took us back to a simpler time. The kids had fun playing kickball croquet and riding bikes and making bubbles skim the still lake surface. Not a video game in sight, yet these kids had a great time. Seems to me, these are true gifts in this age.

Obie, we’re sorry you were “stuck” in Yellowstone. We do look forward to “clowning around” in the future. Margaret and Mike, we missed you, but we truly appreciate your secret coffee donation. It’s so nice to have a great first cup of coffee each morning. (That belongs in the “special gift” category.)

A polishing demonstration or two and the ever-present dialog of Airstream adventures and restorations made for great learning. The sharing of Airstream successes (mostly successes, anyway) led to deeper discussions and I’m sure more than a few thoughts about future trips and future modifications to our rigs.

So, the food was great, the activities were great, the demonstrations were great, the games were great, the location was great, the company was great, even the weather was great. But, I think the greatest thing about the Bash is that the friendships are great. Each friendship growing and developing at its own appropriate pace. I can’t think of a better way to spend a few July days. We look forward to next year as this expands even more.

Ace and Frank, thank you, again, for programming the “auto-pilot” for this journey. We all recognize and appreciate that takes vision to see the route, desire to make it real, hard work to wind up the rubber band (or whatever it is that makes an airplane fly), support to make the flight safe, comfortable and fun, constant vigilance to keep us out of the trees, and a steady hand to make the perfect landing.

In deepest appreciation for a couple of seats on the plane,

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Check Is In The Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
We also made it home safely, and with all of the parts and pieces of our Airstream. A very special thanks to Ellie for spotting our rear hatch cover. Thanks so much for retrieving it and tracking us down through Frank and Ace and delaying your trip home while you waited for us to drive back and meet you.

I think it’s pretty amazing that we have developed such good friendships we even recognize the parts that fall off each other’s trailers. Thank you Ellie.

We also want to thank Frank and Ace and especially Beth and Lisa for making this pinnacle event happen for the fifth time. I heard them say that after 4 years, the planning is almost like “auto-pilot”. I think this is simply humble modesty. Planning started within a month of Bash 4 and continued all year with contracts and discussions and details. A simple post to the Bash 4 thread indicating the beginning of the Bash 5 thread started each of our planning and scheduling which pales by comparison to what these four have done for 12 months.

Thanks to everyone that did so many things that it’s hard for an old memory to mention them all.

Special thanks to AirstreamDad for “Jimmer’s Tiki Bar and Drive In Movies for Camp Chairs.” That took a lot of extra planning and effort and was greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim, well done.

The food was excellent. Unbelievable breakfasts of bacon, sausage, fruit, pancakes with Mark’s homemade maple syrup, eggs to order, and the list goes on and on. Doug’s pancake “plopper” and dedication to the griddle makes for excellent flapjacks, complete with fresh blueberries, if you please. Barbeque or burgers with potluck, where everyone brings out their best offerings. It almost feels like there should be a Bash Cookbook. The Happy Hour appetizers were out of this world, as well.

There were special gifts, to enjoy. Waking each morning to the sun rising over Cooper’s Lake, as the mist rolled and danced, stirring emotions and blending perfectly with the smell of bacon cooking. Many fish were caught and released, and a few frogs, too (mostly with the blue frog nets)… A short walk or quick bike ride to the swimming hole in the inappropriately named Muddy Creek was refreshing and took us back to a simpler time. The kids had fun playing kickball croquet and riding bikes and making bubbles skim the still lake surface. Not a video game in sight, yet these kids had a great time. Seems to me, these are true gifts in this age.

Obie, we’re sorry you were “stuck” in Yellowstone. We do look forward to “clowning around” in the future. Margaret and Mike, we missed you, but we truly appreciate your secret coffee donation. It’s so nice to have a great first cup of coffee each morning. (That belongs in the “special gift” category.)

A polishing demonstration or two and the ever-present dialog of Airstream adventures and restorations made for great learning. The sharing of Airstream successes (mostly successes, anyway) led to deeper discussions and I’m sure more than a few thoughts about future trips and future modifications to our rigs.

So, the food was great, the activities were great, the demonstrations were great, the games were great, the location was great, the company was great, even the weather was great. But, I think the greatest thing about the Bash is that the friendships are great. Each friendship growing and developing at its own appropriate pace. I can’t think of a better way to spend a few July days. We look forward to next year as this expands even more.

Ace and Frank, thank you, again, for programming the “auto-pilot” for this journey. We all recognize and appreciate that takes vision to see the route, desire to make it real, hard work to wind up the rubber band (or whatever it is that makes an airplane fly), support to make the flight safe, comfortable and fun, constant vigilance to keep us out of the trees, and a steady hand to make the perfect landing.

In deepest appreciation for a couple of seats on the plane,

Roy and Marie
Roy the check is in the mail for this paid testimony. Just kidding Roy The Bash budget could never afford this kind of promo. Your words humble me and make all the work worth it. But you know what makes The Bash what a great event it is all the Airstreamers that attend. We have talked about making some changes to the event. But we have now decided don't fix something that is not broken. So Bash will be the same Airstreams great people and yes plenty of bacon. Roy the only correction to what you have stated is that Bash 6 planning had already started before we arrived at Bash 5. To me the best part of this Bash was when my wife Lisa told me what a great time she had and that she is looking forward to next year.

Ace in PA.
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #186
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
1964 26' Overlander
1954 29' Liner
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Bash VI Airstreams

57BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #187
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Airstream Documentary Short

Hi All!

For those interested in the Airstream documentary short we showed on movie night #2, here are some links:

https://archive.org/details/0142Airstream

https://archive.org/details/0824_Air...er_03_39_12_00

Best,

Jim
Airstream Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #188
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
And from this thread….
Old 07-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #189
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Guelph , Ontario
We had a wonderful time meeting up with past rally friends & new friends!
We seem to be going through Bash withdrawal today! Looking forward to Bash VI !
Thank you Frank, Ace, Beth, Lisa & everyone involved. You are all amazing!!!!!😊
Shar & Gord

Sharleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #190
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Ithaca , New York
Send a message via AIM to SilverSky Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSky
It was GREAT! Thanks to Frank and Ace for making it happen and thanks to the cleanup crew for making it fun to help out! As always, I enjoyed the kids tremendously. Such a great group of friends who I always enjoy spending time with.

Roy and Marie, I was very happy to see your parts reconnected! Sorry you had to drive farther, but so glad it worked out.
WBCCI 8185
TAC NY-123
SilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSky View Post
It was GREAT! Thanks to Frank and Ace for making it happen and thanks to the cleanup crew for making it fun to help out! As always, I enjoyed the kids tremendously. Such a great group of friends who I always enjoy spending time with.

Roy and Marie, I was very happy to see your parts reconnected! Sorry you had to drive farther, but so glad it worked out.
I'm sure Roy would have driven to NY if had too. He doesn't need anymore leaks

WBCCI 2169
TAC PA-1

Proud Owner of a
1966 Caravel
2015 Shasta Retro
Old 07-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #192
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140705_163517.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	215922

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140705_183539.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	215923
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
I'm sure Roy would have driven to NY if had too. He doesn't need anymore leaks
Ace,

You're right about that, but the good news is when I replaced the three front crown running lights, I found a mis-drilled extra hole from the factory. (It may be too late for warranty work.) The original sealing material was pretty dry, so I think I found the leak and fixed it. It withstood the short hydro-test from the rainfall on Thursday. All the same, hatch covers are often difficult to replace, certainly tougher to get than a drive to NY. But, again thanks to Ellie's keen eye for roadside Aluminum, I'm leak free, for now.

We're watching for the Bash 6 thread to start.

Our best to all,

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #194
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
Ace,

We're watching for the Bash 6 thread to start.

Our best to all,

Roy and Marie
It already has Roy. We also started a FaceBook page.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #195
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
It seems we may have converted another one... The SoB friends that came with us had a great time and called me today to ask if there are other Airstream events nearby that they could participate in if they bought an Airstream. He was already looking at Airstreams on the classifieds.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
It seems we may have converted another one... The SoB friends that came with us had a great time and called me today to ask if there are other Airstream events nearby that they could participate in if they bought an Airstream. He was already looking at Airstreams on the classifieds.
My brother is ready to dump his SOB also. He wants a newer 28 foot Airstream with a rear bedroom.

WBCCI 2169
TAC PA-1

Proud Owner of a
1966 Caravel
2015 Shasta Retro
Old 07-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #197
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
My brother is ready to dump his SOB also. He wants a newer 28 foot Airstream with a rear bedroom.
He got a tour of our bunkhouse while we were waiting at the dump station.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #198
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
He got a tour of our bunkhouse while we were waiting at the dump station.
I have a Scotty owner friend looking for a smaller vintage Airstream. He want a trailer that is in good shape. He doesn't want a project.

WBCCI 2169
TAC PA-1

Proud Owner of a
1966 Caravel
2015 Shasta Retro
Old 07-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #199
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
merrick , New York
A huge thank you to Frank, Ace, Lisa, Beth, and all the others who worked so hard to make Bash 5 a huge success, and made it look like fun doing it. So much goes into planning an event like this, and we just want you to know that we truly appreciate all you've done to make it happen.

We would like to send out a special thanks to the young person who found my husband's wallet on Saturday night. We didn't get a chance to thank you in person, but please know that we are so glad that there are nice people like you in the world. If anyone knows the identity of our eagle-eyed camper, please let us know so that we can thank him or her (?) personally.
babs4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #200
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
BASH 5 Photo Album

Heather at last has had a chance to upload some choice photos. While I little heavy on our kids, there's good ones of others and some scenes, I hope you'll enjoy them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/heathe...7646035378302/

Good ones include Frank polishing, Beth in the hat on the vintage motorcycle and Kate and Gaby in the swimming hole. Haley, as always, is the most photogenic kid in the world, see the one at the door, I almost want to submit that one to an Airstream photo contest.

Cheers,

Jim
Airstream Dad
Airstream Dad is offline   Reply With Quote