Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: How interested are you in a July 17-19 rally?
very interested 5 55.56%
might consider but decide later 3 33.33%
I live in the region ... I don't know 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #101
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Talking

HOW LONG FOR THE RALLY??!?!?!?!?!?!?! LOL
Humvee2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #102
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Just to let everyone know..I got the 68 forester today...Can't wait to dive in....
Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #103
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
91 Days Until the Fun Begins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humvee2900 View Post
Just to let everyone know..I got the 68 forester today...Can't wait to dive in....
How exciting!! - bet that is one cute trailer!
May we see photos please?

And only 91 days until the rally!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #104
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byams55FlyCl View Post
How exciting!! - bet that is one cute trailer!
May we see photos please?

And only 91 days until the rally!
Go to the
Vintage_Trailers_Network_Iowa

And then go to photos...And my new trailer is under 1968 Forester...Those are the only pictures i have of it for now...I will try in the next few days to get better ones...
I'm so excited...I can't wait to trim my tin in july...LOL..
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #105
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
77 Days Until the Chistmas Caroling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintent View Post
Well, if it's Christmas time then we must go caroling! And........never heard of a campfire without a sing along, so get your vocal chords in tune.
Only 77 Days left until Christmas caroling begins!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #106
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Iowa Rally

Hey here is a new blog maybe like to see

http://iowavtr.blogspot.com/
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #107
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxcitygro View Post
Hey here is a new blog maybe like to see

Fantastic!!!
Can't wait to meet you in person.
We won't be in our vintage AS yet, but look forward to the rally.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #108
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
The closer it gets the more excited I get! It should be so much fun meeting everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #109
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Rally update

It looks like things are going to be hoping at the Iowa Vintage Camper Rally July 23rd -25th!
I have decided to let people know that Sioux City will be coming alive during the rally!! Thank goodness we are the only ones in the area with sites reserved, and we still have a few. Those thinking of coming should reserve as soon as possible, as we have only a few left!

It wasn’t planned this way, but the rally is the same time as Ragbrai, and The Siouxland Rivercade!
What this means for our group is, so much to do and so little time.
Rivercade is a celebration of the river. There are many activities on the river at this time! Those that attended last year know the campground is across the river from Sioux City, and is right on the river. There will be many boats on the river, so it will be a little loud at times. There will be a lot of things going on including a very large parade, Cruise the Loop Show N Shine Car Show, and fireworks. There is a Carnival also going on.
Ragbrai, is a bike ride across Iowa, this year starts in Sioux City, and is attended by several thousand people from all over the country. They are also having entertainment in the Old Historical part of downtown Sioux City, with live bands, etc.
This is not going to be like our usual rally, do to all the other things going on in town. People from both events have tried to rent our spots, as they are extremely handy to all the events and right on the river. So, along with what we have planned you have a lot of free time to explore other options! Or you can stay in the rally area and avoid the entire goings on, it is your choice!!
For information on signing up please see our blog at
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #110
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
All this excitement and Christmas too!

Quote:
It looks like things are going to be hoping at the Iowa Vintage Camper Rally July 23rd -25th!
I have decided to let people know that Sioux City will be coming alive during the rally!! Thank goodness we are the only ones in the area with sites reserved, and we still have a few. Those thinking of coming should reserve as soon as possible, as we have only a few left!

It wasn’t planned this way, but the rally is the same time as Ragbrai, and The Siouxland Rivercade!
Rivercade is a celebration of the river. There are many activities on the river at this time! Those that attended last year know the campground is across the river from Sioux City, and is right on the river. There will be many boats on the river, so it will be a little loud at times. There will be a lot of things going on including a very large parade, Cruise the Loop Show N Shine Car Show, and fireworks. There is a Carnival also going on.
Ragbrai, is a bike ride across Iowa, this year starts in Sioux City, and is attended by several thousand people from all over the country. They are also having entertainment in the Old Historical part of downtown Sioux City, with live bands, etc.
This is not going to be like our usual rally, do to all the other things going on in town. People from both events have tried to rent our spots, as they are extremely handy to all the events and right on the river. So, along with what we have planned you have a lot of free time to explore other options! Or you can stay in the rally area and avoid the entire goings on, it is your choice!!
Wowee! Lots going on - enough to fill more than one weekend!
We are looking forward to your planned Christmas at the campsite!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #111
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
I can't wait for the rally..Have been doing a little preperation on my camper for it..I put in a new roof vent yesterday...Mom and I are gonna take our trailers out this weekend...Can't wait..Should be a blast!!! COME ON RALLY!!!! Hey kathy,how long til the rally???
Old 05-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #112
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
61 Days until Christmas

Quote:
I can't wait for the rally..Have been doing a little preperation on my camper for it..I put in a new roof vent yesterday...Mom and I are gonna take our trailers out this weekend...Can't wait..Should be a blast!!! COME ON RALLY!!!! Hey kathy,how long til the rally???
Hope that your weekend was wonderful! Please do show a photo of the new vent. I'm having restoration withdrawl this week....
We are looking forward to the Vintage Rally - to meet you all!! We will try to remember to bring photos of our not-yet-moving Vintage Airstream.

Do you and TinTent have the Christmas carols ready?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #113
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byams55FlyCl View Post
Hope that your weekend was wonderful! Please do show a photo of the new vent. I'm having restoration withdrawl this week....
We are looking forward to the Vintage Rally - to meet you all!! We will try to remember to bring photos of our not-yet-moving Vintage Airstream.

Do you and TinTent have the Christmas carols ready?
I thought that tintent was gonna print them out and give everyone a copy?? (Thats the rumor going around..LOL) ..I do know the words to Livin at walmart..LOL..And wonder if anyone has the cookie dunking song???
I will get a picture of the vent on as soon as the weather turns to sun and not rainy...LOL..And my work schedule allows..This week is pretty busy for me..But will try my darndest to get one up for you...
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Don't know about the cookie dunking song, but we've got the chocolate chip cookie song ready to go.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #115
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
That was my bad..LOL..sorry...Chocolate chip cookie song...Yum..Makes me want to get a package and a tall glass of milk..LOL..
And kathy,I went out to moms today to work on my camper and I totally forgot to take pictures of my roof vent..I'm sorry...I took mean green to the whole outside of my camper,and WOW what a difference...She looks brand new..LOL..I got all the road grime and the yuckies off of her and she shines right up like new..I was impressed...lol..
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #116
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
And Kathy..how long til the rally...LOL..
Old 05-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #117
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Quote:
That was my bad..LOL..sorry...Chocolate chip cookie song...Yum..Makes me want to get a package and a tall glass of milk..LOL..
And kathy,I went out to moms today to work on my camper and I totally forgot to take pictures of my roof vent..I'm sorry...I took mean green to the whole outside of my camper,and WOW what a difference...She looks brand new..LOL..I got all the road grime and the yuckies off of her and she shines right up like new..I was impressed...lol..
I mentioned she could move over 10 feet and do mine, but nooooooo, she just did hers, how rude LOL ( PS Mandie you left the hose out LOL)
Old 05-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
56 Days Unit Iowa Nebraska Minnesota South Dakota and Others Rally

Quote:

Love the !!!
Sue how many trailers are coming?
And are there any open spots left?
I'm so excited that summer is here!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #119
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
We have 16 signed up and some on the edge. As of now we have 6 sites left, slow to fill them, hope we end up filling them!!
I was just surfing for camping stuff on E-bay, haven't found anything that grabs me yet lol.
There will be a special gift for Mrs. Tintent at the rally, not many have this item, so should be interesting LOL.
Everyone from last year is coming except two I think, Dennis and Darlene can't make it this year and Ernie won't be here. But we have some new folks I am looking forward to meeting, love meeting new folks .
I was going to try and get my camper painted before the rally, but don't think that is going to happen.
I have heard by the grapevine that Santa has wrapped some prizes for under the tree, nobody knows what they will be getting, just have to grab a present and take your chance, kind of like the old show "Lets' Make A deal, could be a Booby prize, or something nice, who knows .
Getting nervous here lol, it is so close, good Lord, lots to do.
Then I must go to Saylorville and have more fun, what a week !!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Hi all, we have 17 signed up now and and have 5 sites left. that need to be taken before July 1st, or they are opening the up for Ragbrai, or Rivercade people, would like for us to use all of them, so tell your friends !!!!!!!!!!!

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!