Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: How interested are you in a July 17-19 rally?
very interested 5 55.56%
might consider but decide later 3 33.33%
I live in the region ... I don't know 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Just an update. I am glad that winter is almost over, I can't wait to get going! I signed up for the rally in Kentucky in April, can't wait!! Anyone want to just get together in May,2 and 3rd?
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:23 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
I was checking out things to do here in town, we have what some of you know ,is a festival called the River-cade during July. I am checking to see just what the dates are this year. Since the campground is on the river, this would be a very active time for the camp-out. Depending on what people like, this draws quit a few people to town. This makes it a bit crowded and I am sure the campground would be full. Depending on the activties planned by the City, fireworks, boat races etc. this may not be the calmest time to have the rally. I am getting input for what people think. The rally can be anytime in July,or August . Like I said, depending on how much activity people want.
I think the Tri-State Rally, is a good Idea, that is what we shall be, good idea tintent!
The minute the campground opens I am going to reserve all the reservable camp spaces at Scenic Park, for the dates we decide on. there are 13 reservable sites. I am going to talk to them about other sites, when I know how many will be attending.
I know it is early to plan this, I am the kind of person that likes to have things set-up before hand so I don't need to worry about it, and fewer surprises down the road. That way everyone has a good time! Yahoo lol
I don't know if anyone is good at making us a Logo, if you are please feel free and let me know. I want to get some t-shirts for our rally, if folks want them. ( we can all match one day, (isn't that cute?) LOL
My name is Sue, and I appreciate the offers of help, I will be asking for help in the future, so thank you for offering!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Pilgrim, I think July will be it, not sure of the exact dates yet, have to check on a few things. The reason is, I was looking at rallies going on, and I don't want to overlap any, and hope this doesn't. Another reason is pure selfishness. I was looking for rallies, and because, I still work (unfortunatley) I was having a hard time finding a rally close enough to go to with my time-line. By the time I travel 4 to five states over (travel time + rally) I would have used my whole years vacation. By starting one in this area, the Tri-State Rally, I would only have to go two states, leaving enough vacation to take in a few other rallies. I am a widow, 60 years old, I know my kids would feel better if I was in range of them, that way they can come rescue mom if I need it lol. If your in the area, sure hope you can fit us in !!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Dwight, Ponca is a really great place! I want to go there in april or May, for a weekend. Does your group have a rally planned this year? If anyone in your group is interested in coming to the Tri-State rally, they are welcome!!! I am not sure what we are going to do for activities yet, maybe an old fashioned corn feed, (if we can get some good corn) for one thing LOL I was thinking a movie night, maybe RV with Robin Williams would be appropriate, with lots of popcorn.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
We are still on board with you. However, we will not be available until the second weekend of July. And, in August we will not be available until the 13th. We know Dwight and have attended rallies with him. Yes, Ponca Park is another nice location.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
OK information,
Tri-State Rally
July 24th-26th 2009
Scenic Park, South Sioux City, Nebraska
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Ok. It's a go for us; we will be there. I have an idea for a logo, but I don't know how to send it to you. I need an email address or a postal address. Not sure how that can be done through airstreamforums. Any ideas? Also, we would be willing to drive to Sioux City and meet you to discuss the rally. We are both retired, but I do have a committment on Sundays (through mid-March). Since you work, we would probably have to arrange to meet somewhere on a Saturday. We could meet at the mall--my husband loves to eat at Chic Filet whenever we are in Sioux City.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Gretna , Nebraska
Nebraska rallies

SIOUXCITYGRO:

Our rallies are set for April 23-26 (Beatrice NE), June 18-20 (Oakland), Sept 17-20 (Raymond), and Oct 8-11 (Grand Island).

So your plans for July should fit many of us. I will spread the word as the details develop.
16595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
How about we, free form, have no planned activities, just relaxing and unstructured. We can throw togeather a pot-luck, campfire, whatever we want, and plan next years. What do you think? I made a start on a blog that has my instant message on it if you can get to it IM me and we can exchange e-mails or phone numbers.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
A Question, is there an Iowa group?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Free form sounds great. We have another couple who would like to join us, but they don't have internet ability. So, please save us two sites and we will see you in July. I'm not sure about our ability with IM message, but we will check it out.

What do you mean by Iowa group? We own an Airstream trailer, but we came close to buying a Silver Streak about 15 years ago.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
I have a Silver Streak, I was wondering if there was an Iowa club for airstreams, just checking! I just like to camp and would welcome anyone that wanted to come! I am not an Airstream, but this group has sure made me feel welcome! That is great I will get you two spaces. If you want go to the rally calendar check July for our rally and sign up. Leave your names, and when you will be arriving. I wish there was a way to set up a meeting at the mall, I would love to hear your ideas for the logo etc. Maybe we are allowed to put a time and day to meet on here. If you could meet sometime the week-end of the 7th-8th of March that would be great.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Yes, there are two Airstream groups in Iowa--the North Iowa Unit and the Iowa Unit. You live in the North Iowa Unit area. However, to be a member you must have an Airstream and belong to WBCCI. We are having a "buddy" rally August 6-9. A buddy rally is open for any brand of trailer. We would love to have you join us. The location has not been determined, but it will be in your area as the hosts for the rally live in Cherokee. If you would like to meet, we could arrange to be in Sioux City on Saturday, March 7th (weather permitting). We could meet at the Chic Filet in the mall about noon. Does that sound ok with you? My husband will wear his Airstream cap. I'm still trying the IM thing for exchanging email addresses. We are looking forward to getting the trailer out and on the road. It will be nice to get rid of this Iowa winter.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintent View Post
Yes, there are two Airstream groups in Iowa--the North Iowa Unit and the Iowa Unit. You live in the North Iowa Unit area. However, to be a member you must have an Airstream and belong to WBCCI. We are having a "buddy" rally August 6-9. A buddy rally is open for any brand of trailer. We would love to have you join us. The location has not been determined, but it will be in your area as the hosts for the rally live in Cherokee. If you would like to meet, we could arrange to be in Sioux City on Saturday, March 7th (weather permitting). We could meet at the Chic Filet in the mall about noon. Does that sound ok with you? My husband will wear his Airstream cap. I'm still trying the IM thing for exchanging email addresses. We are looking forward to getting the trailer out and on the road. It will be nice to get rid of this Iowa winter.
March 7th sounds great!! I have it on my calendar! The rally in August also sounds like fun. Checked my calendar, have to work 6th and 7th, but depending on where it is I should be able to at least take the 7th off and come for the rest of the rally, thank you for asking!!! Can I ask you guys what your names are? Not sure if that is allowed? Mine is Sue
Old 01-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Tri-State Rally

July 24th,25th and 26th,2009

This rally is in the dicussion stages, as I have never been to a

rally, let alone been the wagon master. I was looking at different

rallies, and at the moment didn't see any that close to me.

There is a campground on the missouri river, Scenic Park,

http://www.southsiouxcity.org/department/division.asp?fDD=12-77 ,

that is quit nice!

Those not familiar with this area, there are actually three Sioux

Cities. Sioux City, Iowa, South Sioux City, Nebraska, and North Sioux

City, South Dakota, all three cities are within 10 minutes.

The park sits on the Nebraska side of the river and looks over to the

downtown area of Sioux City, which is very nice in the evening. There

is a walking trail for those who like to walk,a pool next door to the

campground, also available is, YMCA next door, A Riverboat,on the

Iowa side, several places to eat,there is as little to do, or as much

to do it is your choice.

We were thinking of doing a freeform type of rally, but may change

that. We are thinking friday sign-in, get settled, free time, and a

potluck on friday night, a show and shine, 11-2 on sat. Corn Feed,

tomatoes, hamburgers, watermelon and all that stuff on sat. night.

Followed by a short meeting to decide if we want to meet again next

year, etc.

We are working on a logo, and T-shirts will be available to order.If

we go the corn feed way,we will charge $10.00 a piece for that

because we would buy all the stuff a head of time around town.

Any suggestions are always welcome!!

The park is looking forward to us coming, I cannot finalize the sites

until the end of march, but am taking reservations now to get an idea

of how many will be coming, four have already signed up, so I think

we are going to have a good time!

A little about me. I have a 1978 Silver Streak, motor home. I grew up

in Sioux City, so will be glad to help steer people in the right

direction, or let you know where you have to go to get what you need,

or just general help.

I am a widow, 60 years old, I use to camp as much as possible,from

tents to motor homes,when the kids grew up, I kind of slacked off,

now I am at a point I can camp and enjoy it again, my kids are glad I

finally got a hobby lol. They have discovered they also like camping,

and will be available to also answer any questions, or give any help

needed. Camp Camp Camp is my moto.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
I can't wait to go to this rally...Sign me up...I have already taken the time off of work..Sounds like GREAT FUN..Especially the corn feed and tshirts...Can't wait to meet up with ya then...Can't wait to see the SS and other campers...
Humvee2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
The Rally is coming along, we have 7 signed up and are looking forward to more joining us. I am meeting with Tintent this next week,and am looking forward to a logo design they have come up with. Thank you for working on that!!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Great!! Can't wait to see what the logo is gonna be....Please keep me informed...
Old 03-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
2016 27' International
Hillsboro , Texas
We are interested! I have been looking for a rally somewhere near MN.
djs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Tintent,I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting you all out at the mall...Very nice people...Can't wait for the Rally!!!!