Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: How interested are you in a July 17-19 rally?
very interested 5 55.56%
might consider but decide later 3 33.33%
I live in the region ... I don't know 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #361
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Hello Argosy in Mankato. We are Airstreamers from Humboldt, IA. We are currently sitting by our trailer looking out at the Missouri River in South Sioux City, NE....directly across the river from Sioux City, IA. Wish you were here.....we are having a great time with other friendly trailer owners. We are members of the North Iowa Airstream Unit, BUT we do not all live in Iowa. We have three members from Minnesota....Rochester, Hugo, and New Ulm. In fact, we just had a rally last month in New Ulm. If we had known then, we would have invited you to our rally. We will be leading a caravan in your area next summer hitting such towns as New Ulm, Mankato, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Austin, and Clear Lake to the Airstream Park. If you would like us to keep you informed of upcoming events in our area, send us a PM with email address and we will add you to our list. Always great to meet a new Airstream/Argosy enthusiast!
Dave & Pat
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #362
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Boone , IOWA
All Chuck Wagon Rally attendees, it has been great spending the weekend with you and getting to know all of you. Hope we can get together again soon. Just a heads-up, I am thinking of planning one in Dorchester, IA in Oct, but need to confirm the campground first. I will post more later, but thinking about 4-7 Oct.
Below is the recipe for the Cowboy beans.
I like my baked beans sweet so adjust the ingredients to your taste. The "secret" ingredient is ancho chili powder.

Cowboy Baked beans
1/2 lb. ground chuck
1/4 lb. thick-sliced bacon -- diced
1/2,medium onion -- diced
1 medium red bell pepper -- diced
1 can Bush's Original Baked Beans -- (16 oz.) undrained
1 can black beans -- (16 oz.) rinsed and drained
1 can navy beans -- (16 oz.) rinsed and drained
2/3 cup packed brown sugar -- (2/3 to 3/4)
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 T. maple syrup or molasses
2 T. dijon mustard
1/2 t. ground chipotle powder or Ancho chili powder -- (1/2 to 3/4)
fresh ground pepper -- to taste

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp over med-low heat. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.

Drain off some of the bacon grease, leaving 1 or 2 T. Cook the onion and red pepper over med. heat in the bacon grease until done.

Combine everything together and pour into a greased deep casserole dish or large iron skillet.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until beans reach doneness. Enjoy!
iowajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #363
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Argosy View Post
Hopefully I'am not hi jacking this thread but.....I would be interested in checking a event out time and distance being a factor. I live in Mankato MN. and would like to attend one at some point. Is there a notifier of some kind to let a person know when and where events are going to be and possibly a way to put in a distance willing to travel? Sorry if this is not the right spot for this question but it seemed to be the one that came up when I typed in Minnesota events. Thanks for your time, answers and understanding.

Hi, If you would like to hear about rallys that we will be having in the future, please let us know. Our rally has several Airstreams, but all trailers are welcome to join us. We are having our rally at the moment, and am sorry to say it is almost over. Next year our rally will be from July 18-23 2013 at Scenic Park in South Sioux City,nebraska
Old 07-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #364
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Yes....indeed it was a great rally. If you weren't there, you missed a good one. No one let the heat get them down. To our hostesses....thanks so much for the wonderful memories.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #365
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Boone , IOWA
Sue, Mandie and Cynthia, you put on a great rally!! Thanks for all your work!! It was fun! We will definitely try to attend next year.

Here is Nacho's blog on the weekend.
On the Road with Nacho: ChuckWagon Rally - South Sioux City, NE
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #366
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Hey Kathy this is Cynthia just wanted to ask u if you found any belly dancing classes yet and if so how they coming along? LOL Can't wait to see u dance next year!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #367
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Thumbs up Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajones View Post
Our 74, 25' is the only Airstream we have now. We sold our 2001, 30' in November. So we will definitely be bringing it. I started a blog to record our travels in it. So here is the link, it has a few pictures for a sneak peak.
On the Road with Nacho
It was great to see you this weekend - hope to see you again soon!
Thanks for the tour - Nacho is a great host!
Your dinette and kitchen redo is wonderful - love the full length shelf. A great use of space to not have walls confining the size of your pans/dishes.
105 degrees here today - makes the temperatures in Sioux City seem balmy.

I will watch for Nacho's photos from the rally.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #368
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajones View Post
Sue, Mandie and Cynthia, you put on a great rally!! Thanks for all your work!! It was fun! We will definitely try to attend next year.

Here is Nacho's blog on the weekend.
On the Road with Nacho: ChuckWagon Rally - South Sioux City, NE
Thank you! It was so nice meeting you and glad you joined us!! Love your trailer and what you have done to it, it is great!! Stay safe!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #369
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Thanks so much for everyone coming...This years rally was soooooo much fun...We had many new faces and many of the originals this year...I sooooo can't wait for next years tiki (sp) rally....its gonna be a blast.....Can't wait to see you all next year....
Old 08-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #370
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tacoma , Washington
Send a message via Skype™ to purdytj
Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxcitygro View Post
Hi, If you would like to hear about rallys that we will be having in the future, please let us know. Our rally has several Airstreams, but all trailers are welcome to join us. We are having our rally at the moment, and am sorry to say it is almost over. Next year our rally will be from July 18-23 2013 at Scenic Park in South Sioux City,nebraska

I'd like to be added to your email listing... I'm currently working on a '74 Sovereign and just moved to Clear Lake, IA about a year ago. I've got this rally on my calendar for next year. Any fall rallies?

RIP (https://purdygreatlife.weebly.com/2014-blog):
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 QC-LB 4x4 12-valve
1974 Airstream Sovereign
purdytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #371
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tacoma , Washington
Send a message via Skype™ to purdytj
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintent View Post
Hello Argosy in Mankato. We are Airstreamers from Humboldt, IA. We are currently sitting by our trailer looking out at the Missouri River in South Sioux City, NE....directly across the river from Sioux City, IA. Wish you were here.....we are having a great time with other friendly trailer owners. We are members of the North Iowa Airstream Unit, BUT we do not all live in Iowa. We have three members from Minnesota....Rochester, Hugo, and New Ulm. In fact, we just had a rally last month in New Ulm. If we had known then, we would have invited you to our rally. We will be leading a caravan in your area next summer hitting such towns as New Ulm, Mankato, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Austin, and Clear Lake to the Airstream Park. If you would like us to keep you informed of upcoming events in our area, send us a PM with email address and we will add you to our list. Always great to meet a new Airstream/Argosy enthusiast!
Dave & Pat
Hi,
Like I posted to another poster on this blog (siouxcitygro), please keep me updated to future events. I'm interested in hearing more about the North Iowa Unit, as our family moved to Clear Lake, IA about a year ago.
Thanks! T.J.

RIP (https://purdygreatlife.weebly.com/2014-blog):
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 QC-LB 4x4 12-valve
1974 Airstream Sovereign
purdytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #372
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
T.J., I am looking forward to meeting you next year I have been telling everyone that they need to sign up for the rally as soon as possible, to insure they get a space, and the one they want The park is Scenic Park, South Sioux City, Nebraska. The number is 402-494-7531, the fees are Electric, Water, Cable & WiFi - $20.00 a day, there is a rally fee of $25.00 payable to Sue GRove, 2112 Riverside Blvd., Sioux City, Iowa 51109.
You may start calling and making reservations April 1st
The Hawaian Rally, will be from July18-21. Some people come early and we go for dinner and watch fireworks on Wed. night.
Just thought I would pass this information along.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #373
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Wish we had your address. We are leaving in 30 min. for Clear Lake and would bring you information concerning the North Iowa Unit. We are sending you a PM for future reference.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #374
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Mankato , Minnesota
I 'am sorry I was so slow on responding. My address is 58984 211th lane Mankato MN. if you happen to be in the neighborhood again. Thank you for your consideration and any information you can pass along to me.
73Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #375
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Hi there !
I have some news already about next years rally. Just to give you a few things to dream about for next year!
We will be having the, Sproutstream, camp with us next year. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is an Airstream that has been made into a restaurant. It is run by Chef Paul,and is very popular around here
One night Chef Paul and group will cook us supper, which will need to be signed up for in advance. I asked him to come up with two or three choices for our group to pick from. Otherwise, the ,Sproutstream, will be there for the whole rally to enjoy at any time.
thesproutstream – About Chef Paul and the Sproutstream
Also, we will be having vintage cars on display during our open house. I was talking to a lady one day when I went out for coffee, that has a 53 Chevy. It so happens, she was a member of a Vintage Car Club. We thought we would be a good fit for each other at the open house. So, as of this time we will be joined by them !!!! They have up to 50 available.
Ok just wanted to give you an idea of next year. More information to follow
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #376
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Hello everybody....Just checkin in before the holidays to say..... Have a Merry Christmas and happy new year....
Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #377
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humvee2900 View Post
Hello everybody....Just checkin in before the holidays to say..... Have a Merry Christmas and happy new year....
Same to you Mandie, and I hope all of you have a Great Christmas !!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #378
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Boone , IOWA
Attend 2013

Hi, Dave and I are planning to attend and my brother and sister in law will be with us.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #379
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Boone , IOWA
Ok also they will be bringing their 1961 friendship vacationaire. We will have our 74 Tradewind
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #380
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Sioux City , Iowa
Thumbs up Attending

Thats AWSOME news,that you are comin back this year....... Can't wait to see you and your family....Get the hula skirts out... lol....