Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
$15.00 per night for the campground. No rally fee. There will be water and electric. Bring extra extensions! The set up is different this year so I am not sure if the sites will be closer to the hookups or not.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
To RSVP and get updated info...
Airstream Forums - 2012 TAC-OH Amish Country Rally
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Is it too early to start packing the airstream?! haha!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #44
x

XXXX , XXXX
Maybe, possibly, might be able

I just posted a maybe to the rsvp page. I'm going to see if i can fit this into my schedule for my return trip from Florida. I have a few things to be taken care of at home so I can't commit yet. My park opens the following weekend so it doesn't leave me much time to get ready.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Awesome! Hope you can make it!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
So with the crazy weather, the camping bug has got me and i am ready to hook up and roll! That being said, the hubby wont let me pack the airstream yet from winterizing it. So, to entertain myself and try to ease the pain of not being able to run off and camp, i decided to clean. I think the scent of simple green is going to stay with me for the next week anyways. But on the bright side, the ceilings and walls are wiped down and non sticky.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I'm with you on that one. I've been working on things here and there all winter on the moho and the Airstream. I pulled the moho out of the barn on Tuesday night and parked it by the house for some work in the coming days. Yesterday I did a bit more on the Airstream (still in the barn). I also put all new entry-door weatherstripping on the entry door to the moho. I drove the moho into town this morning for a complete look-over of the undercarriage and it was a quiet, non-door-rattling experience! Unfortunately the prognosis from the shop isn't so great. Lots of work needed on the rear axle. Nevertheless, we have to get the Airstream out this weekend, I think. I've still got some work planned for it before hitting the road on March 30. We'll be back in town for this rally, though. Airstream in tow. This rally will end a week and two weekends of camping for us!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #48
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Unfortunately the prognosis from the shop isn't so great. Lots of work needed on the rear axle. Nevertheless, we have to get the Airstream out this weekend, I think.
You better get that fixed and ready for November!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
You better get that fixed and ready for November!
Yup. All part of the grand plan for the moho. The mechanical stuff is getting worked over first. In a few weeks, once our color swatches arrive , we will order our awnings for the moho and then drive over to P&S trailer works outside Toledo to have them installed.

But, for the Amish country rally, it will be the Airstream. It would have been the moho, but since we will be in VA just prior to the Amish country rally and there we will need to have the trailer instead of the moho; we'll just drop off the trailer at the fairgrounds since it literally is on our way home from the VA trip. Since I've got fire pit responsibilities at the Amish rally, I will be dropping the Airstream and then running home (15 min. from the fairgrounds) to get the fire pit and fire wood. Then, back to the fairgrounds for 3 nights of TAC rallying!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Col. Station , Ohio
Just a quick note to all. We would like to be at the event but will be in North Carolina for the begining of April. Last time we saw all of you our AS was in a state of deconstruction. Due to the good weather we have been able to get a lot done so we will be ready next time.

These are pics of a new dinette, bunk area, refurbished bath and kitchen. Homemade for the most part. We should get our new dinette cushions next week. Then we will be ready to roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	booth 2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	152929   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunk.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	152930  

Click image for larger version

Name:	new bath.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	152931   Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	152932  

Flynavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Love the dinette! That's a lot like what I've envisioned for our '74 Overlander. Hopefully I get to see yours before I start in to mine. Bummer you can't make it this year.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Whoops, posting as the wife...really Winestream here
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Wooster rally

We plan to arrive mid-to-late afternoon on Thursday. Is this OK? (our first)

Also, is it known exactly where on the fairgrounds we will be situated? I see a Google airview with a number of possibilities near the racing oval. Is there a street intersection known?
Shads Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Thursday afternoon will be fine. We will be there around 11am or noon on Thursday. So we will show you were to park when you roll in (the parking layout is different this year than last year)
I want to say the entrance is off of vanover street.
We will be located by the track stands area. Will also have a few signs we will try to have up soon after we arrive
Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #55
mgm
Pursuit of Happiness

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Rootstown , Ohio
Interested in the OHIO TAC

My name is Michael,

i live in Roostown, Ohio. Not far from West Branch State Park. I have an 07 25ft Safari SE that I have owned since 2009.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f396...tml#post810903

I am currently in Afghanistan with the Army, but would like to meet some local Airstreamer's upon my return and even go to a rally or two.

Please let me know where I can find some Info on the OHIO TAC

thanks in advance
Michael
Projects*&*Adventures********************** - Home
mgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm View Post
Please let me know where I can find some Info on the OHIO TAC
TAC is a very informal club. The info about TAC is not broken down to individual states. Only one's TAC number denotes a geographic location and even that can be set to something non specific. The main spot for TAC info is the TAC website: The Airstreamer's Club. Also, a lot of info can be found here at Airforums about TAC since Airforums is our main location for online interaction. TAC has private forums here as well that you can request access to when you're a member. Membership is free, just send a PM via Airforums to "rebelstand" and she will get you signed up.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio bunch

Hi Michael,
Glad you found this spot! Ohio Airstreamers are all around. We have quite a few that like to gather that are not in a really organized group. We post on this Airforums thread to let folks know where we are going and when, and if they can join us they do! It is kind of fun. We have about 5 or 6 who seem to get together frequently. No memberships...just camping. This is the thread that we have been using to let folks know. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...tml#post890669

Seems like camping season in Ohio will get going early this year, due to lack of snow and cold. We hope!
We have a camping weekend at West Branch July 13 weekend. If you are back in country we would love to have you join us.

Thank you for your service!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Just a reminder, we are compiling goodie bags for those who will be in attendance so make sure you get your rsvp in on the calendar.... LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING!
2012 TAC-OH Amish Country Rally - 04-05-2012 to 04-08-2012

here is the link in case you missed it: Airstream Forums - 2012 TAC-OH Amish Country Rally
Old 03-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
This rally is on Easter Weekend

Hey Jason

Bummed to find out this rally is on Easter weekend. We will not be able to make it.

Sorry

Ace
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #60
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I just posted a maybe to the rsvp page. I'm going to see if i can fit this into my schedule for my return trip from Florida. I have a few things to be taken care of at home so I can't commit yet. My park opens the following weekend so it doesn't leave me much time to get ready.
I am sorry but I need to retract my RSVP. I have customers who want to go camping on this Easter weekend so I will not be able to attend. Maybe next year.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wooster amish rally