Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Alumaflamingo in 2014

Facebook says there will be an Alumaflamingo in 2014. You will love Sarasota in February. We love Alumapalooza!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
According to the AlumaFlamingo FB page...

Alumaflamingo will be replacing the WBCCI Florida State Rally in 2014. Dates will be Feburary 18-23, 2014. R&B Events, the same company that brings you Alumapalooza, Alumafiesta, and Alumafandango are excited to bring their style of fun to Florida!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Several people we spoke to at Alumapalooza 4 indicated they will be attending Alumaflamingo. We've signed-up for Alumaflamingo and look forward to meeting fellow Airstreamers and wannabe's.

I'm curious to see what the attendance will be with two AlumaX events in the eastern U.S.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
There are over 100 already registered for Alumaflamingo! This will be an outstanding event with some "new to me" activities. The weather in February is absolutely awesome in Sarasota. Go to Alumaflamingo.com and take a look. You will have a blast!

The Southeastern Camping Unit, WBCCI is holding a rally at Payne's Prairie the weekend before and bringing a group in. You are welcome to try and get a site at the park and join our rally, but you will be looking for cancellations at this point.

Either way, join us in Sarasota!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
2014 Florida State Rally

I want to correct some misinformation about the Florida State Rally. It has not been replaced by Alumaflamingo. That is a new rally put on by a private company. Owners of any rec vee are welcome as I understand it. That's OK with me.

The FSR WILL BE HELD IN 2014! It will be held in Key West in April and in 2015 it is planned for St. Augustine.

In the September issue of the Blue Beret, WBCCI President John Stumpf leads off his comments by endorsing the FSR and the work of Florida Unit brothers Tom and Dan Macieczyk in taking the reins.

So, if you want to go to the Alumaflamingo in February, by all means do so!

And the Florida Unit 027 invites you to Key West in April!
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Phil is correct. As I understand it, the Florida Unit has agreed to sponsor a Florida State Rally. This information was not known when the posts above were placed here with statements to the contrary.

I'm sure no disrespect was intended with the above posts. I hope the new rally is successful!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
No Love for Alumaflamingo?

Hmmm.... there aren't many threads here on Air Forums that only have 5 posts. Whassup? No love for Alumaflamingo?

I have to admit I'm disappointed that Antsy McClain is not performing at Alumaflamingo - I guess there was a scheduling conflict.

On the other hand, there are many neat things to see in the Sarasota area. The Alumaflamingo organizers have lots of tours on the agenda (additional charge I think) and there are plenty of things to do on your own. The seminar list is full and it's always fun to meet other RVers with an Airstream focus.

Hope to see you there.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Your absolutely right. There are not a lot discussion here. There has been a few so a little more than the 5 you mention but not a whole lot more. We are planning to attend. In fact I need to do my registration soon. Seems that some of the other rally gatherings generate pages and pages but not this one. Maybe because it's under new management. Got me. The sponsors of the previous Florida State Rallys have planned another event in the Keys. I think that would be nice also. Can't attend this time but maybe next year. I'd be interested in doing both if the timing allowed me to work it into one southern trip.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
We were planing on going until we broke down the cost per night. Nearly $72.00 a night is a bit step for 5 amp and no sewer. Also the seminars look like repeats from previous years at the FSR.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
... the seminars look like repeats from previous years at the FSR.
You probably saw one of the Preliminary schedules for Alumaflamingo. We just updated it again today, so check it out on the Alumaflamingo website if you want to know what's really going to happen.

Just to summarize: expect about 20 seminars on virtually every aspect of Airstreaming you can imagine, plus:

• Golf Cart Mayhem
  • the Aluminum Gong Show
  • sword swallowers & fire-breathing
  • a bluegrass jam
  • Dutch Oven cooking
  • numerous off-site tours including a culinary tour and Sarasota historic tour
  • several optional lunches
  • daily Happy Hours
  • evening campfire
  • ukulele performance
  • Yappy Hour
  • daily Tai Chi
  • Open Grill ... and more
I don't think any of that was going on at FSR.

And the WBCCI hasn't announced its schedule for club-specific activities yet (to be held in the Potter building). So that's even more stuff yet to come!

By the way, well over 200 trailers are registered at this point. So despite any lack of chatter here, I'd expect a pretty lively time in Sarasota!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
We have a large group from the Southeastern Camping Unit headed that way. I would judge value by the number of repeat attendees at Alumapalooza. We have attended three and see many repeats in attendance. We have to make choices because there are so many fun things to do.

I recommend giving it a try. At least ask some who have been to Alumapalooza, Alumafiesta, or Alumafandango.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
We were planing on going until we broke down the cost per night. Nearly $72.00 a night is a bit step for 5 amp and no sewer. Also the seminars look like repeats from previous years at the FSR.

Gary
The cost is definitely keeping us away although I do hope R&B is successful and will be monitoring the feed back and may even visit on Saturday.
My personal limit is $50 a day unless I am convinced there is really something special. ( I can do both Good Sam and Escapees within that price guideline)

One thing I will be wanting to know is if the sound system in the building is improved. We have seen Antsy McClain at 2 Birthday Bashes and really enjoyed his entertainment. Last year at the FSR we couldn't even recognize some of the songs. No point in having good entertainment with the acoustics as they were.

This year it seems that Alumaflamingo, Tin Can Tourists, and Florida Flywheelers are all in the same slot. We have elected to try the Flywheelers for a new experience this year
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Crestview , Florida
When you are comparing costs, don't forget to add the daily breakfasts, nightly entertainment, Saturday's catered dinner, numerous informative seminars, daily door prize giveaways.

Socializing with 200 other Airstreamers... Priceless
Former 2007 Safari 28 2008 Toyota Tundra
Libo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libo View Post

Socializing with 200 other Airstreamers... Priceless
This is the part we will miss
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
We will miss you both, Rick. We can compare notes in Asheville.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
Well, just weeks till the 1st Alumaflamigo! Looking forward to hopefully the beginnings of a great run of rallies! Who's going,? We are see you there! Hope the weather holds up, great right now.

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
Well, just weeks till the 1st Alumaflamigo! Looking forward to hopefully the beginnings of a great run of rallies! Who's going,? We are see you there! Hope the weather holds up, great right now.
We will be in the Vintage section....see you there.

Best Regards,
Levon
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #18
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post

One thing I will be wanting to know is if the sound system in the building is improved. We have seen Antsy McClain at 2 Birthday Bashes and really enjoyed his entertainment. Last year at the FSR we couldn't even recognize some of the songs. No point in having good entertainment with the acoustics as they were.
While the acoustics of a concrete box cannot be changed, there have been massive improvements to the sound system in the building and there will be a professional sound engineer and an additional performance level sound system on hand for Friday and Saturday night entertainment!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64 View Post
While the acoustics of a concrete box cannot be changed, there have been massive improvements to the sound system in the building and there will be a professional sound engineer and an additional performance level sound system on hand for Friday and Saturday night entertainment!
Brett, I did notice you pacing back and forth during Antsy's performance and thought you were evaluating the sound system.

We are not attending, primarily based on cost, but will probably visit during the day on Saturday and will be listening to the feedback from those who attended. We do wish you success
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
The Rivets will be there!!! Can't wait. See you all in Sarasota.
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote