Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #81
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
We've got 3 Yorkies.

I'd like to make the project - will there be extra kits or can I say here that I'd like to participate?

The Silver Pearl & The Black Pearl

2008 25' Safari FB SE Queen converted to King
2014 Ford Expedition EXP Limited 4x4 V-8
McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Hensley Swift-Arrow Hitch
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Here is fine, I will let ella know
Old 09-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #83
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Have Dog, Will Travel

I am excited for this rally! I will be there with my fur-child, Remi. This will be the first time I enter the chili cookoff contest and hope to blow the roof off the place with a winner recipe. If the roof doesn't come off, someone's britches will blow off later on that night.

Just upgraded my trailer to a 23' International Serenity and am in love with it. Sad to see my 16' DWR Bambi go, but this was the right move for me.

Ella, please count me in for a National Parks project. Getting to sew (which I love to do) is a real treat at this rally and I appreciate you getting the machines and materials there.

Kelly Kupiec

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Since my family totally biffed our meal planning last year... When is it that we can go and eat / sample the chili? Or is that not allowed by the general public? We don't plan to make an entry. We just want to eat it.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Since my family totally biffed our meal planning last year... When is it that we can go and eat / sample the chili? Or is that not allowed by the general public? We don't plan to make an entry. We just want to eat it.
Everyone is welcome to sample the chili as soon as judging is done. General public so far has been welcomed to sample. We tend to hang out and take a group picture while we are waiting for judging to complete, so make sure you come down to the nature center about the same time as turn in for chili. We will gather near the building for a group pic or two in order to pass the time. Sometimes it seems like it takes FOREVER for the judges to decide!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Ok, so now that we have an idea of furkids who will be in attendance... who is bringing two legged kiddos?! We want to make sure we have goodies for them too! I know the Winestream/gardenstream boys, Carey Kiddos, but don't know who else is in...
Old 09-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #87
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Everyone is welcome to sample the chili as soon as judging is done. General public so far has been welcomed to sample. We tend to hang out and take a group picture while we are waiting for judging to complete, so make sure you come down to the nature center about the same time as turn in for chili. We will gather near the building for a group pic or two in order to pass the time. Sometimes it seems like it takes FOREVER for the judges to decide!
What time is that tasting allowed? Seems to me if was like 3pm or something weird like that last year.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #88
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Wall Hanging Sewing Project

Liz and Kelly, I have you both on my list for supplies.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #89
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
What time is that tasting allowed? Seems to me if was like 3pm or something weird like that last year.
It was about 2pm. It depends on when they have turn in for the chili. If turn in is at 12, tasting will be at 1/130.
It also depends on when they can get their judges there.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Tasting is mid afternoon.No exact time. After judging.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hey, Loren, sorry this is late, but then you know we have Cooper, the gentle giant Goldendoodle!

We are still waxing about whether or not to enter the chili cookoff this year. Wow, that was really intense last year -- getting our entries in on-time; waiting for the judging; sampling; then getting our dinner cooked and ready for the potluck. We're thinking of perhaps not entering the judging, just can't decide.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

Huntington , West Virginia
Our little one will be there. She is five.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #93
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
do something easy for dinner... it's not like there is never enough food at potluck....
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #94
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
4th Annual Airbiscuit Anniversary Rally & Chili Cookoff

Here is the schedule as it stands now. Please keep in mind it may change a bit as we get a little closer to the rally dates, however the FINAL updated schedule will be in your swag/goodie bag just like previous years!

Here is your weekend schedule of planned events:
(All events are optional)
Please bring your own table setting to joint meals
Judging for the best decorated site and the best carved pumpkin will be judged Saturday between 3-5pm!

Wednesday/Thursday:
Early arrivals are welcome to join us in the big tent or around the fire, no planned activities.
Those who would like to join us, bring your dinner and meet under the big tent on site 195!

Friday:
6am: Coffee starts brewing in the big tent provided by NOVA (Bring your own mug)
8-10am:
Breakfast on the griddle! Pancakes will be provided by NOVA (Bring whatever you want cooked on the griddle if you don’t want pancakes!)
Anytime: We will not be doing an organized "trailer crawl" due to weather being questionable. So get out and meet your neighbors.
After lunch: Crafting in the big tent! Bring your crafty talents and join us for some state & national park wall hangings, crocheting, and curtain making demonstrations!
5:30pm: Hot dogs, baked beans, a side dish or two, and marshmallows await your arrival for supper and will be available in the tent on site 195. Bring your own roasting fork if you want one over the fire, we will have the campfire roaring.

Saturday:
If you have an item to add to the raffle, you can bring it at any time to turn in prior to 1pm, since we will be setting up for the raffle PRIOR to chili turn in. Tickets will be sold starting at 10am Saturday with last call for tickets to be sold at 4:45pm Saturday. (See Loren or Mike for tickets) Remember for every item donated you receive 5 free tickets!
6am: Coffee starts brewing in the big tent provided by NOVA (Bring your own mug)
8-10am: Breakfast on the griddle! (Pancakes will be provided. Feel free to add your own dish to this as the griddle will be hot and ready!)
Noon/1pm: (See Park info. for turn in time) Judging is at the Nature Center/ Pavilion area. Come join us for a group picture (Wear your rally shirt!) Everyone is welcome to taste test!
5:00pm: - Raffle!!! If you have any spare parts or anything to donate for the raffle it would be appreciated. (This is instead of a rally fee. We ask that you just buy a few tickets for the raffle. Keep in mind we need to cover big tent rental of $250 that is keeping us all dry and warm!
6:00pm: Bring a dish to share and join us under the big tent for a potluck dinner, raffle, and presentation of contest awards (pumpkin carving, best decorated site, 1st place chili)
7:30pm: Fire

Sunday:
8-10am: Cereal Bar!
- Please bring a cereal to share. Milk will be provided. Bring your own table service.
11am: Bring your sandwich and join us around the fire
12pm/1pm: Winterizing & Packing Up
2pm: Head Home.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #95
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
I was thinking that I might want to make both an Ohio map and the National (wishful thinking to go to these but we have been to Yellowstone).

McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Old 09-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #96
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
I will put you down for a National Park map, too, Liz 😃
Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #97
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
LAST CALL for Rally T shirts!!
I am ordering first thing tomorrow morning 9/28/14! Here is who i have so far...
This is who I have listed for shirts... if you should be on here and are not, please let me know so I can update!
Loudruff 2 adult shirts
Totoro - 2 adult shirts 1 Child shirt
Airbiscuit - 2 adult shirts
tbaugh - 2 adult shirts
silvermine - 2 adult shirts
Lafferty - 1 adult shirt
wes & steph 2 adult shirts
Ditter - 1 adult shirt
Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #98
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Shirts are ordered!!! I checked the park map last night, only 8 electric sites are left that are reservable in the entire park!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:00 AM   #99
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
I just looked and only see 5 electric sites left now. Looks like just one left on the road we camp on - #204. WOW!

Now for some balmy fall weather!

McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Old 10-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Here is the schedule as it stands now. Please keep in mind it may change a bit as we get a little closer to the rally dates, however the FINAL updated schedule will be in your swag/goodie bag just like previous years!

Here is your weekend schedule of planned events:
(All events are optional)
Please bring your own table setting to joint meals
Judging for the best decorated site and the best carved pumpkin will be judged Saturday between 3-5pm!

Wednesday/Thursday:
Early arrivals are welcome to join us in the big tent or around the fire, no planned activities.
Those who would like to join us, bring your dinner and meet under the big tent on site 195!

Friday:
8-10am:
Breakfast on the griddle! Pancakes will be provided by NOVA (Bring whatever you want cooked on the griddle if you don’t want pancakes!)
Anytime: We will not be doing an organized "trailer crawl" due to weather being questionable. So get out and meet your neighbors.
After lunch: Crafting in the big tent! Bring your crafty talents and join us for some state & national park wall hangings, crocheting, and curtain making demonstrations!
5:30pm: Hot dogs, baked beans, a side dish or two, and marshmallows await your arrival for supper and will be available in the tent on site 195. Bring your own roasting fork if you want one over the fire, we will have the campfire roaring.

Saturday:
If you have an item to add to the raffle, you can bring it at any time to turn in prior to 1pm, since we will be setting up for the raffle PRIOR to chili turn in. Tickets will be sold starting at 10am Saturday with last call for tickets to be sold at 4:45pm Saturday. (See Loren or Mike for tickets) Remember for every item donated you receive 5 free tickets!
8-10am: Breakfast on the griddle! (Pancakes will be provided. Feel free to add your own dish to this as the griddle will be hot and ready!)
Noon/1pm: (See Park info. for turn in time) Judging is at the Nature Center/ Pavilion area. Come join us for a group picture (Wear your rally shirt!) Everyone is welcome to taste test!
5:00pm: - Raffle!!! If you have any spare parts or anything to donate for the raffle it would be appreciated. (This is instead of a rally fee. We ask that you just buy a few tickets for the raffle. Keep in mind we need to cover big tent rental of $250 that is keeping us all dry and warm!
6:00pm: Bring a dish to share and join us under the big tent for a potluck dinner, raffle, and presentation of contest awards (pumpkin carving, best decorated site, 1st place chili)
7:30pm: Fire

Sunday:
8-10am: Cereal Bar!
- Please bring a cereal to share. Milk will be provided. Bring your own table service.
11am: Bring your sandwich and join us around the fire
12pm/1pm: Winterizing & Packing Up
2pm: Head Home.
How can I get this post so that it can be printed?
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote