Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit

Updated Map!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ella and Loren,
Good job! I am looking forward to this demo!! Sounds like lots of fun. Anyone got some good flamingo fabric picked out? LOL!!! Ella, where can we find some of that fabric with the little Airstreams and trailers on it??
Ella, do you think we should bring another ironing board, iron and sewing machine? I have that at my house and since we live the closest it would not be a problem.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #63
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Lou, here is a website with lots of little trailer fabrics
eQuilter Search
I have ordered some to put together as kits and will be bringing them for those that want to buy at the rally. I am also going through scraps that I have and putting together some cute little kits in a variety of themes and colors. I'll look for some flamingos, too! If we have a lot of interest in this another iron and machine would be nice. I am going to just bring padding for the top of the picnic tables instead of an actual ironing board. I may bring the serger, too, for those that want to zip right through those seams!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #64
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
eQuilter Search

Here is a better link that takes you right to the camping trailer fabrics!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #65
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
ok -- that didn't work either. So go to the home page of this site and then type camper trailer in the search box. All the cute little fabrics will pop up!
eQuilter Search
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi All!

I found some Michael Miller vintage travel trailer fabric on fabric.com, and it is on sale, but I believe the sale ends today, price is somewhere around $7.63/yd. or so. If you have never ordered from fabric.com, they are pretty good they used to give an extra 3 inches/yard of fabric ordered or something like that. Reliable.

I, too, have a portable sewing machine I could bring if it is needed. Looking forward to this year and seeing everyone again!

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #67
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Deb,
I have some of the Michael Miller vintage travel trailer fabric that I am bringing, and also some of Mary Jane Butter's Glamping fabrics! Ella
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #68
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Loren, My friends Steve and Cindy Thomas have reservations for site #191. Don't know if they will get there before Friday, though.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
fabric for pillow demo

Loren and I went hunting through the cotton fabrics at JoAnn Fabrics today. We found some cute flamingo fabric and bought enough for ourselves, plus the cuff and piping. I got some more that had butterflies on it for myself. You know how I am with the butterflies!! Loren said she would come over and help me cut it and get it ready. Shall I wash it all first, Ella, or isn't it important?
What other crafts are we doing??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I plan on a bottle decorating project. Step one: Empty the bottle. Step two: Go to bed. Saturday: repeat.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #71
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermine View Post
Loren, My friends Steve and Cindy Thomas have reservations for site #191. Don't know if they will get there before Friday, though.
I HOPE their site will be cleaned up by then!!! right now there is a sign on it saying its unreservable!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Ella -- Oops, I ordered some of the Michael Miller this afternoon from fabric.com. I'm not familiar with Mary Jane Butter's line, but I can't wait to see it! I also ordered a coordinating for the banding along the opening. I think I should have watched the video, seems Lou mentioned fabric for piping, I'll start looking around for that.

I'm a sucker for fabrics, when I receive the new books for the lines I carry (Spring and Fall), I get so excited -- I love colors, patterns, and the textures!

Deb
Old 09-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Piping

Deb, the piping is just another coordinating color of fabric which they make 2 in. wide and then fold in half to further decorate between the pillow case and the "cuff". (27 in. for the body, 9 in. for the cuff, 2 in. for the piping.) Just another stripe of pretty color/pattern.
Lots of great possibilities!!! Can't wait to get together.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #74
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Deb, check out the glamping line here.

eQuilter Search

I ordered red, turquoise, pink and yellow fabric with the little campers on it, and will go to Walmart to match up the cuff and trim. Kits will range from $4.00 - $10.00 (that glamping fabric is expensive!) and have everything needed to do the project.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
That glamping fabric is really cute, I especially liked the first four with the campers and then the marbles and dots for a contrast (I think it was called marbles and dots). Ella, your kits are very reasonably priced, too bad I jumped the gun, I may just have to buy some of yours to have extras. I ordered enough from fabric.com to do two pillowcases so Frank could have one too. I may have some fabric laying around to do the piping, I believe I have some 1/4" check remnants which are cotton, but I can't remember what colorways they are.

If anyone would be interested sometime, not necessarily this campout, I could demo how to make knife-edge and box-pleat trims. I make it out of either grosgrain ribbon or fabric and have used it on leading edges for drapery panels, on valances, and to embellish pillows (for high-end jobs). This would be for something that is not going to be washed as the pleating would fall out during the wash.

Also, I could show you how to stitch in zippers for pillows which makes the job go very smoothly and turns out a great looking pillow very simply. Again, not saying this time out, but if ever anyone is interested.

Let me know ahead of time so I can bring along what's needed for either the zippers or handmade trims.

Deb
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #76
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Deb,
My kits are reasonable because I am mixing and matching left-overs from my scrap stash and occasionally purchasing a trim or cuff fabric to coordinate. I'm only putting the kits together so that people can show up and have an option to make a pillowcase without having to go shopping in advance.

For the glamping fabric that I ordered, I will charge the cost/yard for the fabrics included to break evenl I probably won't be selling the left-overs -- just trying to provide kits for everyone that wants to try this pillowcase!

Ella
Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #77
Silvermine . . . And His

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Van Wert , Ohio
Deb , Would LOVE to see your demos- at this campout, or another. I do feel that bedding is the most important thing I put in my camper! I need a princess bed with lots of fluff and pillows and quilts! (How 'bout you, DAN? )
Old 09-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Not saying I'm an expert, but I know there are many ways to accomplish the same end in most things people do. The technique I use for pillows is one that many workrooms use to get those zippers in and the pillow cover sewn as quickly as possible, because for us, time is money. With this technique, as well as getting the zipper in and looking nice, the corners are no longer a problem. If I remember, I'll also share the trick to making certain toss pillows do not have the dreaded "dog ears" at the corners.

The handmade trims are something that is fun to do and something that not everyone has, although they do take time to do them correctly.

I'm always open to learning new techniques and can't wait to do these pillow cases!

Deb
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Heads up... 7 days left to get in on the t-shirt order if you want one!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #80
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Only 3 days left to get your T-shirt order in!!