Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

registration link

Registration Form
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #22
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thanks Herb

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
Orient , New York
My wife and I went there today ,Trailer less. We parked on the grounds ,walked around for 2or 3 hours nobody said boo to us .We met a lot of nice people .Talked to lots of folks in the vintage area . well worth the 6 hrs in the truck coming and going.
Two observations 1) I was surprised how few vendors there were given the fact that there were probably 400 trailers and RV's. still dropped a bundle on stuff for the GT
2) the WBCCI, booth was empty .I thought I would sign up while I was there
A great time was had by the 2 of us
crowldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
South Florida Rally

We just returned from Sarasota last night. We had a very enjoyable time at our first WBCCI rally. We arrived on tuesday. There were 432 Airstream trailers and about 900 plus people. We spent too much at the venders. Alot of practical items including an aluminum step brace made by one of the members. Carpet runners and quite a number of items particular to Airstream lifestyle. Airstream from Ohio had a large area with mechanical parts for sale for the various age group trailers. We picked up some AS logo items, clothes, books, and some AC parts. They had their service crews there to perform warranty and other maintenance jobs. There were some fairly good seminars that I had time to attend including Amateur Radio licensing with the technical level test given on Saturday. I was able to see first hand a first class setup in a 34' AS and get expert advice for the long haul to remote places like Alaska. Talking about Alaska there also was a class on preparation and traveling to Alaska with emphasis on routes and ferries. Meeting people face to face who have been Streaming for decades with their vast amounts of experience helps tremendously.

Our main source of info has been this great forum as it is organized wonderfully in categories for proper searches. Wandering around a large fairgrounds with 400 plus trailers one can gather helpful tips on just about anything relating to this activity. Talking to your neighbors whom have travelled and experienced decades of traveling and working on their Airstreams cannot be underestimated. It indeed is important as clicking a mouse navigating a website.

There was a flea market and entertainment each night. Our unit had a happy hour and we signed up for a rally to the Keys at the beginning of April.

Now my thoughts about the organization. We took our daughter out of school to go there, maybe that is why she was the only child. Alot of people came from out of state. The average age of the members in the organization is known. They need new blood and young blood! The regimentation and hoop ha was well within tolerable bounds and could possibly be typical of the age group which I can attest to living in Florida for 14 years. Not to different than a typical condo association. But and a big but, the WBCCI people we met were overly kind and welcoming and helpful. To compare them to a geriatric ward is really off the mark! The activity they are involved in insures a longer and more active life. As obese as I am I found that the people I saw were way below the general population in weight size, they were more trim and by 8am they were out and about, line dancing, choir classes! Not my thing but more power to them!

I really believe that it is well worth the effort and time for the non members who populate this great forum to get involved with the WBCCI. I had thought previously that I would join for a year or so and check it out then go out on my own as we are quite independent. I have changed my mind and now believe that this organization is important to all of us who own and value the lifestyle we have invested so much time an memories. I see no hinderance that would block a profound movement of change from a younger element.

By the way asking around you would be amazed how few had even heard of the Airforums website. I took out my IPhone at the happy hour and showed the secretary of the unit the website and I could see the amazement in her eyes!
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
I dropped in for the day on Saturday w/o a trailer and had a great time. Met up with new and old friends, toured vintage open house with NEU members Chad & Tovah, got to meet Colin and Jbond, met and ate dinner with the campground owners of the PEI campground hosting the Region One rally this year along with Cape Cod members Dan & Bob, spent time with R1 pres Bob and his wife Harriett and heard many details about the wonderful R1 rally he is hosting with the CAU this year.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Charlottetown , Canada
we have been there the last two years........plan on going again this year!
WBCCI9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
New Thread for the 2009 Florida State Rally

I have started a new thread or the 2009 rally:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...tml#post607005

So let's post any new discussion over there.

Thanks,

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote