Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Wagon Wheels Caravan to Lansing?

Does anyone have any dates or details for the Wagon Wheels Caravan (vintage Airstream) to the International in Lansing, MI, in 2004?

We're putting together our weekend rotation schedule at work next year, and while summer seems far, far away, it's time to pick and fit rallies into the work schedule.

Thanks bunches.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Wagon Wheels Caravan to Lansing?

Greetings Ben and Molly!

I too have been waiting to see if our VAC leaders have found new leaders for next summer's caravan. I know that work committments interfered with the co-leaders who had planned to lead the caravan. The planned route was going to make for a fantastic caravan.

I had hoped that there would be mention of the Wagon Wheels Caravan or even a pre-Rally in the current Vintage Advantage , but no such luck. Based upon the Mt. Rushmore VAC Wagon Wheels pre-Rally, it could be nearly as much fun as an actual caravan. Either way, if a Wagon Wheels activity does materialize for 2004, it would likely start on June 14 or 15 if previous history is an indicator (I have been on three of the last four Wagon Wheels caravans/pre-rallys.

Prior to the Bismarck, ND International, we had an Informal Wagon Wheels caravan with five coaches. The leaders were forced to canacel at the last minute resulting in the cancellation of the official caravan. Who knows, something like that might materialize for this year if nothing else does.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I had remembered your interest in the caravan during the Sheboygan VAC rally this summer but couldn't remember who had posted the early sign-up for it.

There was a sign-up at the Region 8 WBCCI rally this past Spring for a Lansing caravan similar to the planned VAC caravan, but we withheld from it so we could wait to see if a Wagon Wheels caravan materialized. I believe the Region 8 caravan was to start in the Quad Cities and work its way around Lake Michigan to Lansing.

It'll be a tough call for us - we might determine to go to the Rocky Mountain VAC rally later in July and skip the International. We're determined to go to the RM rally every year - it's our favorite!

Happy holidays to you, and we look forward to seeing you on the road next year.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Gotta Love that!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Midamrail
We're determined to go to the RM rally every year - it's our favorite!
Thanks for the kudos Molly ~ See you & Ben in July @ Garden of the Gods!
From the look of the registrations received...we'll be seein' Kevin too!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Wink Kudos are well-deserved!

Hmmm, camped in Lansing, MI, at the International with a thousand or more other trailers with two or three Labradors and rally electric in the middle of the summer, or...

...camped in a beautiful campground with some of the best people and nicest vintage trailers we know with the Rockies as a backdrop while attending one of the best-organized and most enjoyable rallies out there...

How to spend our "summer vacation" was a pretty easy decision. The only thing that was appealing to us about the International was the vintage caravan getting there. While the caravan will still likely happen, and while it will most certainly be enjoyable for those who participate, the Rocky Mountain VAC Rally is our one "must-do" for the entire year.