Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Ouch!!!!!!

Vicodin = Margaritas.... just about the same thing arent they...??

Glad I will still get the Tshirts, at least we will be on an Airstream adventure... and not some other lame excuse.. Wonder if we'll pass anyone headed that way....

Don't worry about the Money, it's water under the bridge, we'll just consider them VERY expensive Tshirts...LOL

Hope you will still let me have a tour of your rig, since we wont make the tour...

Won't be staying, since we'll be airstreamless, but may stay late to get to meet (most) everyone..

Thanks
ROn
Old 07-26-2004, 03:19 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
Don't worry about the Money, it's water under the bridge, we'll just consider them VERY expensive Tshirts...LOL
I'll try to refund something...just not sure how much until I find out how the campground will handle it. I'll let you know, but it may not be until after the rally's all said & done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
Hope you will still let me have a tour of your rig, since we wont make the tour...
Well since I won't be going on any mountain treks...I should be around to give a tour ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:13 PM   #103

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hey, we're packed up and ready to leave first thing in the morning. See y'all in CO!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
We're looking forward to seeing all our old friends & meeting new! See you Friday Steph, et al ~

"The Gimp"

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 07-28-2004, 12:12 AM   #105
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
We're almost packed and working half day's tomorrow. We'll be in sometime Saturday too. Looking forward to it!!

FF & the Mrs.

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:38 AM   #106
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Wednesday Morning

We are on the way out the door, too.. this is the farthest we have taken our trailer.. wish us luck,

and I wish everybody else SAFE travels!

Chelle and Gary
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:41 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Best of Luck to you all!!!

Hope you all have safe journeys, and we hope to stop in on Sunday, maybe my parking spot will still be available...

If you see a green F150 pulling a shiney overlander on 44/40, it's us... honk and wave.

Have a great time!!!!

ROn and Tony
Old 07-28-2004, 07:29 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
We're almost packed and working half day's tomorrow. We'll be in sometime Saturday too. Looking forward to it!!

FF & the Mrs.
Gee...I hope you plan on arriving on Friday instead of Saturday...you'll miss half the fun!

Shari

Old 07-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #109
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Did I say Saturday? I meant Friday. Seems the brain is already on vacation. LOL

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:49 AM   #110
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Thumbs up YeeHaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
Seems the brain is already on vacation. LOL

FF
That's better...

Shari

Old 07-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #111
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Vintage Airstream Club - 2004 Rocky Mountain Rally

Greetings All!

I too HOPE to be on the road by shortly after noon today - - the original plan was to be on the road by Tuesday noon. Both of my tow vehicles threw last-minute tantrums - - courtesy my usual traveling companion - - Murphy or "Murphy's Law" fame.

On final check-up, the Cadillac was receiving its front end alignment. The mechanic came around the corner of the cutomers' lounge with the unmistakable look on his face - - "You have a serious problems that are not going to be easy to fix!" - - sure enoungh, after replacing all of the adjusting hardware and bushings in the front end the torsion bars on the left side are so badly worn that the front end cannot be properly adjusted. Of course there are no known sources for new torsion bars for a 29 year-old Eldorado.

So it was off to the garage with the Suburban as I knew it was in need of an oil change. Less than an hour later, my mechanic called me - - not a good sign. I knew that the transfer case was "stuck" in four-wheel-drive, but my mechanic has been able to coax it into two-wheel-drive when this happened once before - - not so this time. That rotten electronic circuit board that controls the shifting of the transfer case had completely failed and must be replaced in order to get the truck out of four-wheel-drive. The part has to be shipped in from St. Louis so it was supposed to have arrived about thirty minutes ago, and the repair is supposed to be completed no later than noon today. Knowing how many trips this particular part has interrupted (this is the 8th time that it has been replaced), I am only cautiously optimistic that the truck will be ready - - it has happened so many times now that the mechanic didn't even have to tell me how much the repair was going to cost -- I was able to tell him the cost of the part within $10 and the labor within $70 (this is the third time that I have had to pay for the part and labor since it has been more than a year or 12,000 miles since it was lat replaced).

I have two more possible tow vehicles in the "wings" but neither is completely ready. The '65 Dodge needs to have its wheel cylinders overhauled as well as the master cylinder so it isn't a great candidate for last-minute tow duties. The '94 S-10 Blazer Tahoe is another possibility but it needs a new transmission oil cooler as well as brake controller and new trailer connector harness to be ready for a long trip. I may be traveling "sans" trailer with the Blazer if the Suburban can't be repaired today.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Where ready - Uwe, Roger and Bob Hightower are meeting up with us here in Durango, gonna do a great dinner on Thurs night then on to Colo Springs Friday - anyone else coming from this direction are more than welcome to join us.

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #113
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings All!

"Murphy" is back in force. The phone rang at 10:15 a.m. - - GM parts shipment arrived without the part for my Suburban - - revised arrival is tomorrow with completion by Thursday noon. I suspect that I may be attending without my trailer at this point - - I don't know whether I will make Friday given that the route that I have planned with the trailer is 1,165 miles while the route that I would take without the trailer is 1,090 miles.

Hoping to see everyone this weekend!

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 07-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Kevin,

I hope the part arrives for the Suburban and you're able to bring a trailer! I know my dad, who will be coming with his Minuet, will be disappointed if yours isn't there.

We've been facing a similar issue with the new axle we ordered for our Tradewind. Henschen has inexplicably failed to meet the original completion date for it, and we're running with our old one. We debated whether to take the other trailer, but we're going to try to go with the Tradewind and the original axle. All the horror stories - particularly RJ's - about axles breaking on trailers around the age of ours has me scared. And because we thought we'd have the new axle, we haven't serviced our old one.

I'm having an uneasy feeling about this trip from a mechanical standpoint, and I hope we have good luck and that yours improves. First Shari's accident with the knife, then Ron and Tony having to cancel bringing their Safari, now your tow vehicles and our axle...this rally is always the high point of our camping season, and I hope it goes as well for you and us as last year's!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:00 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

In the event that any of you lucky rallyers need a good mechanic shop while in Colo Springs, I can reccomend Cooper Automotive Service & Repair.
2838 N. Prospect St. phone 520-0088 (803 Area code I believe)

They are open on Saturdays and saved my skin (and my money) during a vacation in the Springs a while back.

Oh and a oft overlooked attraction in Colo Springs is the zoo up above Broadmore Lodge.
And of course if your AC fails at the campsite (not that you'll need it) You can always check in at the Broadmore for about 495.00 per night.
roadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
we're on our way

We're hitting the road tomorrow morning at 5:45 am. Should get in on Friday afternoon....tired, hungry and ready for happy hour.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #117
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Carbondale , Colorado
Ken,

My husband and I will be leaving from western Colorado sometime on Friday, as well! We're coming from Carbondale and will be using 1-70 out of Glenwood Springs. Not sure that you'd be coming this way, but if so, we'd love to join your group and head with you to the Springs!

I SURE HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE TRIP!

I hope I can get things in order to go. You'll all have to appreciate the work that needs to still be done on our "Roadrunner!" We've been working hard at just being able to make it there, let alone have it fixed up.

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing your "babies"!

Shari....I'm so sorry about your accident! I, too, had a TINY one night before last! NOTHING compared to yours!!! I don't know how many times I've told my boys to wear safety glasses, and I go and not wear any!! (I was using a dremel tool). Well, after a trip to the eye doctor and $214 later, I had the steel removed from my eye and the rust removed with a dremmel type tool! Not pleasant, but it didn't hurt after it was done, and my eye's almost as good as new! Very tiny, compared to yours, indeed!

PLEASE everyone have a great and safe time in getting there and I hope all goes well for everyone having problems!!

See you all Friday!

Becky
Old 07-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Becky

We will be going over Wolf Creek to Walsenburg and on up, so we will just see you there.

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
I think we're ALL looking forward to happy hour!

Everybody's got their calamities out of the way now....NO MORE!

Safe travels...

Shari

Old 07-29-2004, 12:00 PM   #120
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings All!

Murphy is still well and having a good time with my plans. The needed part for my Suburban was misdirected and the distribution center in St. Louis doesn't seem to know where it was sent. A duplicate part is supposed to be at the dealer's tomorrow morning by 10:00 a.m.

If the part isn't in the 10:00 a.m. shipment tomorrow, I will be traveling without trailer in the S-10 Blazer Tahoe if the mechanic approves it for travel (it is with the mechanic as I key this note). If this scenario plays-out, I expect to be in Colorado Springs by early-to-mid-afternoon on Saturday. If the part arrives and the Suburban can be made ready, I will likely arrive by late morning/early afternoon on Sunday.

Kevin
AIR #827