Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The International Starts and the temp is going up!

I just saw the weather forecast for Salem Oregon today. 101 degrees for the high....they talk about global warming but I'm beginning to take stock in the therory of high concentrations of aluminum cause local warming.

Just when you think the tempid climes of the northwest would be the ideal site...yeah tell that to the folks who though Vermont would be cool a couple of summers back.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I just saw the weather forecast for Salem Oregon today. 101 degrees for the high....they talk about global warming but I'm beginning to take stock in the therory of high concentrations of aluminum cause local warming.

Just when you think the tempid climes of the northwest would be the ideal site...yeah tell that to the folks who though Vermont would be cool a couple of summers back.

Jack
You're right.......it is a little hotter here than we're used to! But the Rally doesn't officially start till Wednesday, the 28th (when I'm leaving to travel the 45 miles up the road to Salem)...........and the forecast is:

102°/64°FTue

90°/56°FWed

81°/60°FThu

84°/60°F

.........so there is help over the horizon. Remember.......it's a different kind of heat out here in the PNW.......not muggy and buggy like in the Midwest !
I'm packing my generator anyway........I'm in the Gen/Pet section!!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
I guess Salem is too far inland to get a coastal breeze!
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Too far inland and a mountain range in the way. But it has cooled way down today and this is the normal Oregon temperature.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Are you still there Bill? Is anything worthwhile going on anymore? Has the crowd thinned out yet? It feels like we were there weeks ago not just 4 days ago.

__
Leo,

We are in Portland with relatives for the day and then back tonight and leaving tomorrow morning. All of our neighbors have left and we are about seven spaces from the nearest trailer.

Tomorrow should be pretty vacant from what I hear, and probably tonight when we return.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 07-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
The heat wave is Wally's Ghost. To instill a sense of adventure etc. Happens every time Wally has a birthday and a bunch of Airstreams gather.

It also gives the parking committee a chance to put seniors in dire peril, but that is a topic for another venue.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Hey congrats there Rivet Master! I've captured your 500 post (the first one I've ever appeared in!) but I'm in PA at the moment so I'll have to edit and post the jpg later this week!

__
WOW, and I wasn't even paying attention. Thanks for the news and I will look for the 500 post when you get home. As far as Georgia, it is also hurricane season and while they will not receive the full force of a hurricane there could be plenty of rain, tornados and wind.

The electric was disconnected at about 7 AM this morning.

Now in Lapine, OR headed south.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
As far as Georgia, it is also hurricane season and while they will not receive the full force of a hurricane there could be plenty of rain, tornados and wind.

Bill
Great, note to self: Bring chains to anchor "The Tube" to the ground at the 2007 International Rally along with a generator and about 1 million gallons of bug spray.

BTW, it was great to meet you Bill! Hope to see you "down the road" in the future!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Springfield , Oregon
Temperatures and holding tanks: I'm curious to know how everyone managed their holding tanks during the International. My understanding is that they were only emptied once? Did you take showers at the fairgrounds? Drive across the road to the dump station? Only use disposable dishes and cook on the grill? I thought I also heard that the porta pottis were far away...
Anita
Air 6530
coastal me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal me
Temperatures and holding tanks: I'm curious to know how everyone managed their holding tanks during the International. My understanding is that they were only emptied once? Did you take showers at the fairgrounds? Drive across the road to the dump station? Only use disposable dishes and cook on the grill? I thought I also heard that the porta pottis were far away...
Anita
Holding tanks were pumped out every 5 days - so my folks had their's done twice. Showers were available in the Pavillon building (I think). I believe there were 4 mens and 4 womens showers in that building. Don't know if any of the other buildings had showers. Paper plates were the way to go, along with dumping your dish water into your toliet's black tank instead of letting it run into the grey water tank. My folks were able to use our shower back at our hotel which was great for them. I only saw porta potties in Vintage, doesn't mean there weren't more it just all I saw.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote