Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #81
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
On the road , again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
On March first, come one, come all,
With your large trailer or the small.

We are looking forward to having you there,
You can show up in a Blue Beret or just your underwear.

Lets just hope the weather is fine
With all the people signing up, I’m sure we’ll have a good time,

Some will live close, others far,
Some will show up with their Vintage Car.

For me in life, it’s one of my dreams,
So see old cars pulling vintage Airstreams.

It doesn’t matter if your trailer has colors of gray or blue,
As long as it’s an Airstream, we want you there too.

If you want to come, sign up quick,
Wait to long, you’ll get the short-end of the stick.

So, you may ask, “What are you trying to say son?”
WBCCI or Forums, new or old, you’re welcome to come and have fun!

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE (WBCCI, VAC, FORUMS, NEW/OLD) THERE!!

Region 2 VAC Guy
Cute! you are a poet and maybe don't know it?
rebfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Little over a week left!

OK all you non-WBCCI'ers, there's only a little over a week left one the deal of the year! Remember, I said:

"I do want to make a (personal) offer to all "non-WBCCI" owners out their that have a vintage Airstream trailer (25 yrs or older) that would like to attend. If you have a need/want to use the early "WBCCI" sign-up option, if you sign-up for the WBCCI before "March 1, 2008", "I will pay" the added $20.00 dues to become a member of the "VAC" for the first year! But, you "must" attend the rally and "must" become a "WBCCI" member "prior" to March 1, 2008. At the rally, we will fill out the "VAC" paperwork and send it in with a check from "my checkbook"!!! "

What are you guys trying to do, get me to extend my offer??? I'll tell you what I'm going to do. As a "Brithday" gift to myself, I'm willing to extend this "GREAT" offer until my Birthday, "March 17th" St. Patricks Day!!

I know with the holidays, winter, etc... your mind has not been were it needs to be. So,

THE "VAC" dues paying offer "HAS BEEN EXTENDED" to March 17th, 2008!!! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime offer!!

Also, shirts are being made for this event. We hope to have the first run at the WDCU Cherry Blossom Rally. They are being imported from Canada! Thanks "ShacksMan". If you want one of the "offical" t-shirt in black(logo in Antique white) or white t-shirt(logo in blue print blue) please let me know so I order the correct amount and sizes.

Region 2 VAC Guy

Attached Images

Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #83
Certifiable

. , .
Happy Birthday Paul

Quote:
What are you guys trying to do, get me to extend my offer??? I'll tell you what I'm going to do. As a "Brithday" gift to myself, I'm willing to extend this "GREAT" offer until my Birthday, "March 17th" St. Patricks Day!!

THE "VAC" dues paying offer "HAS BEEN EXTENDED" to March 17th, 2008!!! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime offer!!
This means you're gonna hafta rewrite your poetry, doesn't it?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #84
Rivet Master

If you are coming

All,

I got a call from the campground today asking about the remaining spots. They are getting many request from SOB's for a spot that weekend.

If you are planning or thinking about coming to the rally "PLEASE" call and get your spot. My understanding, If you are getting a "water/elec" only spot, they will hold it for you, up to 30 days before the date without a credit card.

Please do not wait, Beacuse of this call, the rally is open to all as of NOW!!!

Anyone wanting to joing us, "Come on down"

Region 2 VAC Guy
Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #85
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Paul, Do you have any numbers as to how many "WE" will be? When I reserved I was told there were 9 or 10 and that was a number of weeks ago.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I' m very excited to say that after much pestering my dear husband has agreed to take the time off work so we can come and Rally!!! My reservations have been made and we will be there with bells on. Now if I could only convince him to get the 56 Overlander done in time for the rally.....
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #87
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well, you can at least go Rhonda, thats better than nothing LOL
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #88
Rivet Master

Last I checked?

Last I checked, we have about 20 rigs.

The agenda is starting to go something like this:

Thurs: Show up, relax, happy hour, (pot luck maybe if you want to be a part), campfire next to the river, bring a "Geetar".

Firday: coffee/tea in the morning or sleep in, field trip to Trailer Buff (leaving about 9:30-10:00 for a tour at 11:00am if you want to go) back in time for happy hour, (pot luck if you want) campfire next to river.

Sat: Maybe breakfast around 8:30-10:00 (thinking pancakes, eggs, fruit, etc...) Seminar: (11:00ish) I'm currently working with Shacksman about maybe doing an axle replacement on my 1966 Safari. Tubing trip down the river at campground, happy hour (thinking of doing Open House during "HH", dinner on your own (maybe potluck)campfire.

Sun: coffee/tea in the morning, Seminar: (10;00ish) thinking a wheel bearing replacement and/or polishing, sight seeing, happy hour, campfire

Mon: coffee/tea in the morning, say good bye and drive careful.

Understand, nothing is set in stone, pot luck can happen any day if people are willing, do what you want, all, some, nothing.

Feedback, to much, not enough, just right???
Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 AM   #89
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am all for your agenda... happy hour followed by Pot luck sounds great to me, as long as we can return to happy hour after it.. and the "down by the river" sounds even better.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Is anyone who is signed up bringing kids? I have three kids ages 8,5,2 and would like to know if they will have some playmates. Thanks.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #91
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone
Is anyone who is signed up bringing kids? I have three kids ages 8,5,2 and would like to know if they will have some playmates. Thanks.
I'm signed up and we will have our kids with us: Boys ages 11, 9, 7 and our little 2 year old girl. I know of at least 2 others with kids that have signed up as well, one with 2 and 11 year old girls and another with boys ages (I think) 7, 5, and 10 months.

It's going to be a blast.

John
RoverOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #92
Certifiable

. , .
My son will be just about one month shy of his 8th b-day during the rally. We'll be heading down as soon as he gets out of school.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #93
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
We are coming... I have a then, 10 year old girl and a almost 2 year old girl. I think you will have no problem finding playmates for your kids. There is also a huge amount of fun things to see and do in that region. I hope you do make it so we can have another friendly debate over a few cold ones. I would love to meet face to face. Please come...
Old 03-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Where are people's sites? I am trying to reserve a site on line and would like to know where other's sites are. We are planning on making a week of it and come up Sat. 14th and arrive at the campground on Sunday the 15th and stay until the next Monday. There are quite a few sites not available for the entire week so we need to know where people are. We also need full hookups because our family of five will fill our tanks fairly quickly. I am doing this tonight so I would appreciate some fairly quick responses if at all possible. Thanks.

Heinlein
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #95
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
oversea and land, Maybe we could park next to each other, find a 63 for the other side of me and a 60 for next to you.... an overlander line up.
Well, sorry guys (and gals), can't make this one. Our boys play guitar in the church youth band and we have conflicting dates. I sure wanted to see all those vintage units. Maybe next year.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea
Well, sorry guys (and gals), can't make this one. Our boys play guitar in the church youth band and we have conflicting dates. I sure wanted to see all the vintage units. Maybe next year.
Dang, I was hoping to have a fellow Packer fan in attendance. Did you finish off the Bud Light? I figure I will owe you for a long time to come and was hoping on replenishing your stock at this ralley. Tell the boys good luck picking them guitar strings.

Take care.
Mossy

Heinlein
Old 03-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #97
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Dang, I was hoping to have a fellow Packer fan in attendance. Did you finish off the Bud Light? I figure I will owe you for a long time to come and was hoping on replenishing your stock at this ralley. Tell the boys good luck picking them guitar strings.

Take care.
Mossy
Still have a few cold ones in the fridge, it's winter, they'd be gone if it was summer. Thanks, I'll tell my boys, have fun at the VAC rally. Sure wish I was going.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #98
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
... Seminar: (11:00ish) I'm currently working with Shacksman about maybe doing an axle replacement on my 1966 Safari. Tubing trip down the river at campground, happy hour (thinking of doing Open House during "HH", dinner on your own (maybe potluck)campfire.

Sun: coffee/tea in the morning, Seminar: (10;00ish) thinking a wheel bearing replacement and/or polishing, sight seeing, happy hour, campfire...
Awesome agenda! I need to do an axle replacement this year so I look forward to that seminar. I don't mind getting my hands dirty if you need help with that or the polishing or wheel bearing seminars.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
We went ahead and booked a site. It backs up to the middle river, we thought this would be great fro the kids and us. I love listening to the water babbling by. We will be there from the Sunday before all week until the next Monday. We are looking forward to this trip, we have not visited this part of the country yet. See y'all there.

Heinlein
Old 03-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #100
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think if you call the campground they will be able to put you near the group... Make sure to check out Skyler Va. that is where they shot the Waltons and it has homespun museum. The drive is through some very beautiful country. There is also a legal moonshine still somewhere close by that is fun to visit and sample the fresh corn whiskey... mine is better, but it is good there and legal to buy. The Frontier Farm museum in Staunton is very fun too for both adults and kids. I think this will be one of the best rallies of the coming year... we sure look forward to it.