Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Rocky Mtn. VAC Rally Update

We've finally returned home after a few extra days on the road home. As for the rally, Shari and her team did an awesome job, everything was first rate. Its going to be hard to top this one. If you missed it, you really missed out. I met many new folks and quite alot of Forum members too. Enjoyed the whole event. Garden of the Gods Park west of Colorado Springs is breathtaking. Here's a few pictures for now. I know Shari is putting a rally report together but thought I would try to provide a temporary 'fix' to your cravings.

FF

PS: I had to post one of mine because the awnings are new. Couldn't pass it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rooftop.1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	8206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rooftop3.1.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	8207  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2699.1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	8208   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoG.1 copy.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	8209  

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
How on Earth...

Did you get the airial photos? they're great.

Although we were late, and missed all of the demos, and auction, we were happy to arrive and meet such a diverse, fun group. Nestled in a cute little town, the camp grounds had full ameneties (sp?) and happy there was a computer for all of us that needed our 'fix'.

Thanks Shari, and everyone, for a great time!!! Thanks to all of you who were so kind as to show us you airstreams even thought we missed the tour. Looking forward to next year, and hopefully a much shorter drive there...LOL..

Ron and Tony
Old 08-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
FF, stunning, from the stellar new awning, to the polish, to the classy pink flamingoes Thanks for the sneak peeks!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
To get the ariel photos, I climbed up on the pavillion roof. Just too many Airstreams to take from the ground. I went to ask for a ladder from the workers in the campground when I noticed a barn sized motorhome with a roof ladder backed up to the pavillion. I asked the owner for permission before sneaking up there. He was gracious enough to let me climb up.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
GREAT Idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
To get the ariel photos, I climbed up on the pavillion roof. Just too many Airstreams to take from the ground. I went to ask for a ladder from the workers in the campground when I noticed a barn sized motorhome with a roof ladder backed up to the pavillion. I asked the owner for permission before sneaking up there. He was gracious enough to let me climb up.

FF
GREAT aerial photos! I have a BUNCH of good pictures; I am sure everyone does! Should we (can we?) start adding them to this thread or will we get fussed at by those Moderators? Or should we just wait till the Moderators go to sleep, leave us unattended, and then get busy posting pics??

Decisions!!
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #6

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We also just got home, after attending the rally and travelling on to OK to visit friends out there. 4600 miles - 11 states total! The rally was great! I loved meeting everyone face to face.

FlyFshr - sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you again, but I did go peek at your trailer, which was looking great!

I swear, I barely sat still the whole time, when we weren't visiting with folks, my husband was dragging me off to see the sights - there was TOO MUCH to do around there! I didn't even see some of the forum folks I wanted to. It really was a great party - thanks again to Shari and all the others who pulled it off!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Ditto, had a great time with great people. Enjoyed the fellowship, the sights, and the happy hours. I'll post pics soon as well.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up GREAT Photos Brad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
I have a BUNCH of good pictures; I am sure everyone does! Should we (can we?) start adding them to this thread or will we get fussed at by those Moderators?
You won't get 'fussed at' but....if you put them on a disk and mail them to me or .zip your favorites in bunches of 6-8 and email them to me, I will include them in the official 2004 rally report which will be posted on the VAC website indefinately and they'll be all together in one place for all to see...including non-forum member attendees.

To get a glimpse into the previous year's Rocky Mountain VAC Rally's reports, check out these links:

Email .zip files to me directly at: maxwell@insideout-design.net

or mail a disk of photos to me:
Shari Davis
1810 South Clarkson Street
Denver, CO 80210
The unofficial 'deadline' for photo submission is 8/14. I'd like to finish up the report this weekend. The more pictures, the better representation of the fun we had!

Thanks to those of you who have already sent in your photos...they're GREAT...keep 'em coming!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote