Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Region 9 computer rally over

Just rolled at noon in from a week at North Texas Airstream Community (NTAC) where I was teaching at the computer rally. We had 24 students and it seemed to be a big success.

There were some questions about NTAC recently on another thread. NTAC is a going operation. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 lots with full hookup; most of them are occupied by "villas" which are metal residences with a bay for the Airstream. Some of the villas are quite extensive; I toured several that probably equal my 2500 sq ft house in living space.

In addition to the villas, there are 2 streets of brick homes, each with a high bay for an Airstream. A large proportion of the lots with villas are nicely landscaped; the remainder are nicely mowed. As an instructor, I was a guest of the incoming region VP who has a second grassed lot next to their villa.

There are 35 guest spaces, a large and a small meeting room, and good bathroom facilities. Everything on site was in top shape. Interior roads are wide and smooth. There is a Wal-Mart and a Love's truck stop within view of the park. Better yet, good meals are available dirt cheap at adjoining Hill Junior College.

The photo shows my Classic by my host's villa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mine-at-ntac.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	5077  
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
Contributing Member

Some villas at NTAC

Here is a view up through one of the streets. BTW, the site is fenced and gated.

The tire tracks are mine and are the result if about 2" of the hardest rain I have ever seen. Major hail was predicted and they found empty villas so that everyone who wanted to hook up could get under cover. I hooked up quickly and got both truck and trailer under cover. The wind was so strong that it unroofed a number of buildings a few miles away and overturned 18-wheelers on the highway. I had no damage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	some-villas.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	5078  
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Contributing Member

NTAC guest area

here are some of the 35 guest sites. All of the units seen here are folks attending the computer classes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guest-area.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	5079  
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #4
Contributing Member

Another view

The guest area and the clubhouse.

Hillsboro is a very depressed town with most manufacturing gone; the highway is the main cash cow here. There is an outlet mall, a lot of restaurants, and the usual fast food places. Local folks consider the Airstreamers to be rich!

The local junior college actually has a major in Rodeo! The arena is just south of NTAC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guest-area-ii.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	5080  
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #5
Contributing Member

By the way

I am now firmly committed to be the webmaster of the Region 9 web site beginning in July when the new officers take over.

I will be giving a short seminar in web site creation at the region 9 rally this month in Canton, TX.
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: By the way

Quote:
Originally posted by Pahaska
I am now firmly committed to be the webmaster of the Region 9 web site beginning in July when the new officers take over.

John, you have both my congatulations and condolences.
It looks like the place you had the rally is quite elaborate, is there any more info or pictures of this place online?
Terry
Old 03-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Re: Re: By the way

Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20
John, you have both my congatulations and condolences.
It looks like the place you had the rally is quite elaborate, is there any more info or pictures of this place online?
Terry
There is a link on the current Region 9 website, but it doesn't open. There may have been some online info at one time, but it is apparently gone now. Something for me to look into when I take over in July.

BTW, a local firm set up both wireless and ethernet broadband free for us while the school was in session and gave us a seminar on wireless.
WBCCI #9632