Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Region 3 rally....Myrtle Beach, SC

Come join us for the Airstream Club's Region 3 Rally in fabulous Myrtle Beach, SC on April 25-29, 2018.

We have WATER FRONT sites reserved at Ocean Lakes Family Campground for the entire week although the rally officially runs Wednesday through Sunday. You may come early and stay late, but you must make your own reservation with the Campground. Susan and I will be there for the entire week and would love to have you join us.

When you call the campground reference Airstream Region 3 Rally.

Details will be posted soon on the Region 3, WBCCI website.

We will have seminars, group therapy sessions, great food, plenty of exploration time, entertainment, and tons of fun, all on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. And of course, RITA will make a guest appearance.

This is Region 3's annual rally but you need not be a member of R3, or even a Club member, to attend. ALL Airstreamers are welcome.

In case you are curious, Region 3 is made up of Virginia, NC, SC, Georgia, and all but the panhandle of Florida. We are the Clubs largest Region.

Come join us....You will like it.

John...1VP Region 3
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Schoharie , Unknown
Thanks for the invite, my DW and I are planning a trip to MB to visit my parents who "winter" there, in April. We had seen your rally advertised and were hoping visit that as well. Usually stay at Pirateland CG, but will look into staying at the rally site...
Jim & Gretchen
WBCCI #12541, Upstate N.Y.
EZTOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
On the Lake , Georgia
Good lord willing Annette and I will be there in site H-53, 4-23 thru 29. Since I couldn't make the Canopener, we may host a "Happy Hour" Canopener reunion one afternoon at our site so I can see all the Canopenians! Stay tuned!
WBAC # 2759
Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:44 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Jim,

Hope it will work for you and Gretchen to join us, we have great things planned. Ocean Lakes features concrete slabs that are quite nice and of course ocean front. We also have reserved the activities hall for meals, seminars, and meetings.

We are in the final stages of planning and I will post details soon. Thanks for reaching out. John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 01-16-2018, 04:46 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sounds like fun. Great location
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Joe....very good to hear from you, hope things are going your way now.

As a Canopian myself, would love to participate in a happy hour. John

Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1979 31' Sovereign
1999 25' Safari
Youngsville , North Carolina
Area 3 Rally

John
Thanks for the invite. Been a while since Di and I could attend a gathering. Just put in our reservation. Their online reservation system did not make note of rally, anyone making reservations should call in, not use online. They have blocked off a section 4/22 thru 4/29. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making lots of new ones.
Steve & Di
heslinhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Count us in!

Mike and Vicky
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #9
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
John things alright in your neck of the woods? Sounds like a bit of trouble in York!
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #10
AS I go! Thanks Airstream

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
Anyone in Region 3, attending the Rally in MB traveling in a 2017 or 2018 Classic? I'm looking for a "first trip" in the 2017 Classic, also my first AS and first trip. It would feel comforting to have experienced Airstream'ers nearby. By the way I'm a 64, single female to be traveling with two other females my senior. Would this be an adventure anyone would advise against or not? I am well read and hope to be fully prepared but have no real experience.
TIWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by heslinhotel View Post
John
Thanks for the invite. Been a while since Di and I could attend a gathering. Just put in our reservation. Their online reservation system did not make note of rally, anyone making reservations should call in, not use online. They have blocked off a section 4/22 thru 4/29. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making lots of new ones.
Steve & Di
Steve....it has been MUCH too long since you and Di have been with us. Looking forward to having you back.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by drairstream View Post
John things alright in your neck of the woods? Sounds like a bit of trouble in York!
Tough day for the good guys. Just outside town, in a very nice neighborhood, some dude went crazy. First on his wife, who called the police, then he shot 3 Sheriff deputies and a city policeman. In the dark. One deputy is very critical. They managed to take the shooter down.

Thanks for asking, we are all pretty shaken up around here. York is a small town of 6500, so we all know each other. Have friends in the department.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIWilliams View Post
Anyone in Region 3, attending the Rally in MB traveling in a 2017 or 2018 Classic? I'm looking for a "first trip" in the 2017 Classic, also my first AS and first trip. It would feel comforting to have experienced Airstream'ers nearby. By the way I'm a 64, single female to be traveling with two other females my senior. Would this be an adventure anyone would advise against or not? I am well read and hope to be fully prepared but have no real experience.
TI....Come on, there will be plenty of help and advice available. Take your time, make a travel plan, have fun. Many ladies travel alone.

We typically have 150 or so rigs for the Myrtle Beach Rally, ranging from 16' Bambi's to 34' Classics, vintage to brand spankin' new.

Let us know if you need anything. John

Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Loudon , Tennessee
We will be there - site I 60. Was told the beach front sites are booked
tomquinnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #15

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
John, Thank you. I think I'm going to like being an AS'er. I forgot to mention, all three of us ladies are very fit and strong. We are able and willing, but just may not have all our ducks in a row, so to speak. Also, there are many kinks to work out on a new trailer and we have a large learning curve to overcome. I will feel safer 'amongst' a group of 'know it all's', and will be better able to relax and enjoy the event. I hope my other two friends agree to the rally. I believe it will be an exciting time.
Theresa
Old 01-17-2018, 05:10 AM   #16
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Airstreams and Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomquinnjr View Post
We will be there - site I 60. Was told the beach front sites are booked
Tom.....

Ocean Lakes has about 800 sites with nearly a mile of beach front. No matter which site you get, it is only steps away from the Ocean.

All sites are level pull thrus, and all but a few have concrete pads. All have water, sewer, 20/30/50a power, wifi. The roads are paved.

It is an awesome glamping facility for beach lovers.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Loudon , Tennessee
Looking forward to it and meeting some great people!
tomquinnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIWilliams View Post
John, Thank you. I think I'm going to like being an AS'er. I forgot to mention, all three of us ladies are very fit and strong. We are able and willing, but just may not have all our ducks in a row, so to speak. Also, there are many kinks to work out on a new trailer and we have a large learning curve to overcome. I will feel safer 'amongst' a group of 'know it all's', and will be better able to relax and enjoy the event. I hope my other two friends agree to the rally. I believe it will be an exciting time.
Theresa
It is a learning experience. You will be fine!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #19
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
TI....You will LOVE being an Airstreamer. The family that comes with your trailer is like no other.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #20

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
Good Morning. It is looking good for our attendance to the MB Rally. I'm excited. Dates of Rally being 25th-29, how does that work? What day should we arrive/check in and what day would we plan on checking out for the full Rally events, no extra days?