Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Lightbulb On The Road To Lansing

Somebody earlier posted a map of their planned route to the International Rally in Lansing. I thought that was a cool idea, since the International draws people from all over the US and Canada. With Microsoft Streets & Trips, Yahoo! maps, and Mapquest, you can easily make a color map of your route to share with other Forum members.

Who knows, perhaps we'll find that a lot of us will be traveling the same road at the same time, and we can organize an impromptu caravan. Or perhaps spend a night in the same campground. Or even drop in on a fellow Forum member's house for courtesy parking?

I'll go first. See map below. We'll be traveling June 21-24. The numbers on the map indicate our start [1], overnight stops [2, Thousand Islands NY] and [3, London Ontario], and goal [4].
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lansing route.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	6870  

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
FWIW for everyone planning on visiting Canada before/during/after the rally, official stamped birth certificates (no photo copies) are required to get back into Michigan for everyone in the vehicle. Not saying they ask every time, but this summer will probably get worse as the warnings intensify.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Birth Certificates

Thanks for the reminder. I realize that Canada is not on the way from Florida to Michigan, but we might be continuing on to Toronto for business after the International.

I'll need the rabies vaccination certificate for the dog, too.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Edie---I just went to the vets & had them issuse a copy of the shots, etc & carry them all the time in the tow vehicle. Who knows when they might be needed when just going for the week-end, etc. works great for us I just something else I don't have to remember. Mr. Turbo of course is always the first in the truck. Just a suggestion.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Don't mean to change your subject but, there is a Cabelas superstore about 20 miles north of the Ohio line just off of I75. Dundee Michigan.

If you are interested in sporting goods, outdoor clothing, etc. it is a nice place to stop on the way. Haven't been to this particular store but, assume it is the same as the one outside of Kansas City.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:17 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Wingfoot, that Cabelas store is huge! They have a restaurant up on the 2nd floor. Place is awesome. I think there is a KOA close by.

I made the mistake of going to Canada without the proper paperwork a few years ago. Almost had to become a Canadian citizen. My drivers license, SS Card, Hospitalization card would not satisfy them. They started asking me questions. Who was the 40th President? What is April 15th? Where is the Liberty Bell? I got a few right, and they let me back in. I would suggest a Passport from now on. It is only going to get worse.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.E. Milliman
Edie---I just went to the vets & had them issuse a copy of the shots, etc & carry them all the time in the tow vehicle. Who knows when they might be needed when just going for the week-end, etc. works great for us I just something else I don't have to remember. Mr. Turbo of course is always the first in the truck. Just a suggestion.
Best,
Thanks, it's a good suggestion. My dog is a service animal, and I need the original of his service documentation when we fly. You never know when something will come up and we'll have to fly home. So I have an envelope with all that information including vaccination certs that goes with him wherever he goes.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Cabella's is west of US 23 at exit 17, and is it awesome. If you have a chance check it out, you won't be disappointed.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
I'm curious, how many people are going to the Vintage pre rally the night before? We had thought about it, but we're taking the Safari on it's shake down trip the weekend before and spending a whole week at the international doesn't appeal to us, what with work and continuing repairs and improvements to the camper. But we live only 70 minutes from the pre rally spot and I have thought about just stopping by and looking at the Airstreams. Anyone going to the pre - rally?

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote