Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
Lo and behold, there was the exact 2005 28' queen-bed Classic that I have been drooling over since I saw one last year. BT made me a great offer and a few hours later, the trailers were door to door and I was transferring stuff.
Congrats on your new trailer! Is your avatar a pic of the new trailer? I'm just confused because your avatar states it is a 2003 25' Classic but your note here says you purchased a 28'. Either way...nice trailer! I've had my eye on upgrading to a 25' Classic.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #42
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Slow in updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Congrats on your new trailer! Is your avatar a pic of the new trailer? I'm just confused because your avatar states it is a 2003 25' Classic but your note here says you purchased a 28'. Either way...nice trailer! I've had my eye on upgrading to a 25' Classic.
The photo is of my 25 that I traded in. It will stay until I get a good photo of the new trailer (not that it looks that much different at that angle).

I just hadn't got around to updating my avitar. I'll do that now.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #43
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Pahaska,

Congrats on your new trailer. I have followed your adventures (Bamboo floor, the magazine rack, then the next floor (I think); the new 2003, now the new one). I can't wait to read about the mods you find you need to make the new one approach perfection.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Just a little note on the Perry GA site, there has never been an international rally in region 3, many of us think that it is long overdue. Yes I would love to see a date other than 4th of July, but would we have the kids in attendance then?
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:53 AM   #45
TorpedoFamily

Currently Looking...
2014 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ozark , Alabama
Sorry I have been so long answering, I feel the seminars need to be staggered and repeated. I attended the First Timers meeting and left before it was over because of TALKING and not informing. The leader agreed with that problem. Why can not the schedule be posted on the WBCCI web site prior to the rally where you could plan your time. I understand things change but at least one would know what is planned. By not arriving until Tuesday afternoon too late to make it to town and register, so we did not get a schedule until Wednesday, missing all the EARLY events.
Torpedo Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
I heard from our unit that Salem would probably be the last one. Thanks for the updates on the Georgia international. I too would want an escape from heat and humidity rather than an invitation to it. I guess we are to be having so much fun that we don't notice the heat.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The 2007 International is being fleshed out at the present time. Seeing how poorly some region rallys are attented I don't think that is a viable option. We may sometime in the future see the interntional at some date other than the 4th of July.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:08 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
I had a wonderful time at the International, but I agree with Torpedo's frustration about the schedule of events. I've felt the same way now and before at other rallies. Two things play into this in my mind. First, you've got a half-century old organization that is just now starting to enter the internet/information age. They're a little slow. Those printed rally booklets probably had to be done two months or more in advance. There's NO REASON that couldn't be posted to the WBCCI website. It's more than likely no one ever thought of actually doing it! The second thing is that the people who are in charge of the rally are all there a MONTH in advance. They had those rally books in their hands when they registered, so they had plenty of time to review and choose events! I think all it would take is a suggestion to the right International VP and that schedule could be posted on their web site in advance.
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeakMD
They had those rally books in their hands when they registered, so they had plenty of time to review and choose events!
I agree that the schedule should be available to people prior to arrival at International...however, nobody (even the early-workers) get their booklets prior to registration. Registration began on the 24th this year...I arrived on the 21st ~ so was 'without' until registration.

Here's a copy of the 2006 schedule so you can get an idea of what will be the happenings next year ~ it's my understanding that things are pretty much the same from year to year, with only the details changing. (click on the images below and they will enlarge)

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schedule-1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	13511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schedule-2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	13513  

Name:	Schedule-3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	13517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schedule-4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	13518  

Name:	Schedule-5.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	13519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schedule-6.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	13520  

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
We were volunteers for parking (me) & registrations (wife), arriving on 6-15. We were unable to get any pre-info regarding program events until the first day to register. My take on the Rally is that you could find both good & bad, depending on where you focus your interest. There seemed to be many items that are the same year to year. I personally feel it( the rally) needs a good overhaul to bring it up to date, but to do so one needs not to complain, but to get involved. No doubt it is a really big operation that takes alot of volunteer time to bring it off. The support systems ie; parking, water, elect,etc, for the most part, worked pretty efficent. It's the programs presentations, contents, flag parades, etc that I found lacking. One thing for sure there was a lot of really nice people, young and old, to meet.
best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote