Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam
Robin,
....are "ants on a log" okay for happy hour? (Chuck's favorite).

I am going to use fireants so mine will be spicy!
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
I am going to use fireants so mine will be spicy!
You crack me up. As long as they're not ants from your pants.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
+harvest rally

Hi Robin, it was nice talking with you.I know we will get great weather next week.I will consult my Sharman rain man . Fiiredog.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #64
1 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Belchertown , Massachusetts
We are SO looking forward to the rally! It will be our first and sounds like a LOT of fun. I wish we could stay for all 3 days, but I can't take Monday off - got a deadline to meet (been working some evenings just so I can make up time as it is!). So, it will be a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to meet you all! (that's a New England you all , not a southern "y'all"!)
Mary
riverstreet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Thanks, on Sunday for the "Eggs-in-a-Bag breakfast we might want toast to go with the eggs. It is always a challenge to get a large number of slices so people don't have to wait. On that note rather than simply ask people to bring their toasters...BORING..... and in honor of the first Youth Rally I have arranged for us to have the "BURNING BUNS FIRST EVER TOASTER COMPETITION" One toaster entry per family. You may use our bread OR if you prefer to begin training with your toaster now and use the bread in the competition this will be exceptable. Catgories will include "Vintage Toaster", "Classic" and "White-Sided Bodies". The idea of course is to provide the perfect slice of Toast in the most efficent time-frame. Multi-plug strips will be provided. Polishing is permitted in the Vintage and Classic divisions only. The Underbelly" will be part of the inspection in the vintage and classic division only. Smoking toasters will result in immediate disqualification.
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch
Thanks, on Sunday for the "Eggs-in-a-Bag breakfast we might want toast to go with the eggs. It is always a challenge to get a large number of slices so people don't have to wait. On that note rather than simply ask people to bring their toasters...BORING..... and in honor of the first Youth Rally I have arranged for us to have the "BURNING BUNS FIRST EVER TOASTER COMPETITION" One toaster entry per family. You may use our bread OR if you prefer to begin training with your toaster now and use the bread in the competition this will be exceptable. Catgories will include "Vintage Toaster", "Classic" and "White-Sided Bodies". The idea of course is to provide the perfect slice of Toast in the most efficent time-frame. Multi-plug strips will be provided. Polishing is permitted in the Vintage and Classic divisions only. The Underbelly" will be part of the inspection in the vintage and classic division only. Smoking toasters will result in immediate disqualification.
Oh, I'm so upset. Our toaster is a "white box". I hope people will still want to hang out with us......

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
I'll tell ya another interesting route that we've done just for fun: take 119 from concord or Tyngsboro NW through northern MA, southwestern NH, into Brattleboro. Its slow and windy, but on a nice day at that time of year, its very pretty. I've clocked it, and it takes exactly the same amount of time as the highway. (2 west/91N) Much more pleasant ride. go slow, save gas.
Chuck,

Does this route have any height restrictions or road concerns if we are driving a MH with a tow vehicle?

Thanks,
Jeff
J & K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch
I'll have Richard add that to the "set List" of music for the party. have Eric begin to practice so he can play along.

BTW-we could use newspapers to cover the picnic tables so if you could start saving that would be great.

Also ithe Pumnpkin Carving Party is going to be a cider and donuts traditional fall party theme but if anyone would like to make rice-crispie treats or what ever that would be great. We are also inviting the children of the campground owners AND Jamie and I have a philosophy "no child left behind" any child seen looking in should be invitied in to join us so extra everything is appreciated.

Robin

Is the pumpkin carving contest just for kids or is there an adult one also????

Do we need tables, chairs, or will there be picnic tables?

Might have more questions, but these are the ones I am thinking of now!

Thanks,
Kristine
Old 10-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Candles?

Will there be candles to light the pumpkins or safer, those tea lights that were used for the lanterns at the Alumination Celebration or should we plan to bring our own?

Thanks!

Kristine
Old 10-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Candles, Pumpkins, Tables & Radio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & K
Is the pumpkin carving contest just for kids or is there an adult one also????

Do we need tables, chairs, or will there be picnic tables?

Might have more questions, but these are the ones I am thinking of now!

Thanks,
Kristine
The one with all of the answers is all tucked in now, but will surely have the answers tomorrow. I do believe we have a bag of tea candles packed in the truck already.

As of right now, I am certain that RALLY RADIO will be broadcasting throughout the campground at bedtime with Alfred Hichcock Ghost Stories For Children and old time radio horror stories, music of various types, Halloween sound effects and lots of silly stuff at various time during the day and night.
Frequency still unknown but possibly 106.5 FM.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #71
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J & K
Chuck,

Does this route have any height restrictions or road concerns if we are driving a MH with a tow vehicle?

Thanks,
Jeff
Not that I recall. the bridge going across the CT river from Hinsdale into Brattleboro is a bit narrow, but I don't think there's any height problem. I wouldn't think you'd be going this way, coming from Rochester. really only practical for folks coming in from eastern MA.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Campground provides picnic tables at site. Extra tables are always welcome as we seem to need to put lots of food on them.

Adults are ABSOLUTELY a part of the carving...
Mish-L,-my toaster is a white sided body so I'll be hanging with you.
We have 3 more sites availble as Bald Mountain had some cancellations and I grabbed them so we can now acommidate 28 rigs.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
Not that I recall. the bridge going across the CT river from Hinsdale into Brattleboro is a bit narrow, but I don't think there's any height problem. I wouldn't think you'd be going this way, coming from Rochester. really only practical for folks coming in from eastern MA.
Nope, it isn't. Wife thought you meant Concord, NH.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:22 AM   #74
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
j and k

Earl and I took this route several years back. It was a nice ride (although a lot of narrowish roads) We had no problem with the AS 30' and much less hassle than the highway.

Chuck is it really the same time? I know it took us three hours from here (mass) We did come home the other way.

Kristine and Jeff, glad you guys made it in! Should be lots of fun.

Thanks,
Jeff[/QUOTE]
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
I would love to be a judge! Jamie and Robin, do you need me?

Elaine -- Yes! I'll sign you up as a judge. You do know about having to wear the pumpkin-head hat, right? It will look lovely on you!

Still need one more judge...
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 AM   #76
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
Kristine and Jeff, glad you guys made it in! Should be lots of fun.
Thanks, Elaine. Decided we couldn't miss it and this one we will be bringing the kids and the dogs. We are looking forward to seeing everyone before the season ends.

Just camping is taking over..... and we are loving it!

We are planning on getting their Friday at as close to 1:00pm as possible. Anyone else from NH going the same way want to travel together?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #77
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
Quote:
Chuck is it really the same time? I know it took us three hours from here (mass) We did come home the other way.
Yep...for me, anyway. For you, its about the same distance either way. (I measured it on the map...nerd! ). So it would probably take a little longer to go the "scenic" route...but not 3 hours! more like "2". (100 miles!).

From my house, its 125 miles to grandma's house via rt 2w>91N. By 119, its 109 miles...then 3 miles to the campground. Even though its a slower, windy road, its more direct, overall, so the time evens out. just about 2.5 hrs either way.

I remember one thanksgiving, we got caught in "football game traffic" on 119, because we didn't time it right. but most of the time, its no problem.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
Quote:
Yep...for me, anyway. For you, its about the same distance either way. (I measured it on the map...nerd! ). So it would probably take a little longer to go the "scenic" route...but not 3 hours! more like "2". (100 miles!).

From my house, its 125 miles to grandma's house via rt 2w>91N. By 119, its 109 miles...then 3 miles to the campground. Even though its a slower, windy road, its more direct, overall, so the time evens out. just about 2.5 hrs either way.

I remember one thanksgiving, we got caught in "football game traffic" on 119, because we didn't time it right. but most of the time, its no problem.

I drive with grandpa Earl! hehe
Old 10-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #79
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
Quote:
I drive with grandpa Earl! hehe
well, you should caravan up w/ M&M. You'll get their in about 15 minutes! That Nissan of theirs made their 30' classic disappear over the horizon in short order the other day...

I don't care what they say. I want to get me one of them trucks!

Old 10-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
We should have a final count by the end of the day, but it looks like this rally MAY be full! Check back for any last minute openings, should anything open up.